Thread: Egg pick up next tuesday!

Default Egg pick up next tuesday!

Oh k i'm freaking out to the extent i cant sleep!

I'm currently in the process of ICSI. Today is my 9th day on the Gonal F. I know this is gross but for the last 2 days, its been nothing but discharge! (The first day i thought i accidently pee'd my pants!)

I went in for my first stim scan on tuesday 21/09/2010 but they've asked me to come back in tomorrow to do a further check up. Looks like one of my ovaries has "normal" follicles. In other words not producing many. My FS seems to think that was due to a cyst being removed a few years ago. My other ovary is fine and has about 11 follicles. My FS told me that i should be doing the egg pick up on 27/09/2010.

Should i be worried? Insightful stories?? Anything?????

Hey tima, don't stress it's nothing to worry about. I was terrified of egg collection (my first op) but it really was just like going to sleep and waking up like nothing had happened, i was a bit tender for a few days after but i just put my feet up with a hot water bottle and rang the bell lol. About the discharge i had that too, when you think about it we normally get discharge when we ovulate so when your body is producing 1-25 eggs at one time it would be normal to have so much discharge? Don't stress about the one ovary not producing as many cause you still might get a decent amount on the other side and usually less eggs means better quality ones (thats what iv heard) Good luck with everything xx

tima it is such a stressful and terrifying time especially your first egg collection. I had myself worked up into a right mess and was in tears and could hardly breath! I dont know if you have a general or local and relaxant meds which is what I had. The first thing I remember saying afterwards was.....'pffft was that it, it wasnt even remotely bad like I thought'. Like oneday86 said, I too was tender after and my uterus felt rather, I guess, empty would be the right word.
    Good luck hun, but I bet you will be fine. Heres hoping you get your BFP.

You'll be fine tima! I was really stressed with my first one. I'd never had an anaesthetic before and procedure wise, that worried me the most. As it was, I remember nothing past the needle going in, and didn't have any pain or nausea so it was all good! 11 follies should be fine. I had 8 with my last one and got 6 blasties - Good luck!

Just wanted to wish you luck for Tuesday!! xxxx

Lol so it appears things really do change everyday!

I went in for another scan on friday to make sure that there were enough follicles before pick up. Thats when the doctor discovers i have too many eggs and have OHSS. My left ovary that had nearly no follicles on tuesday has almost double the amount of my right ovary on friday. Egg pick up has now been changed to monday (yesterday) and 14 eggs were collected.

Not sure if ill have the embryo transfer tomorrow because of the OHSS. Not sure if its just me, but after the OPU ive been struggling to walk. Quite frustrating to have so many others come out of the same procedure and walk straight out. Whereas i was there throwing up and barely able to walk. But all in due time. Will keep you all posted with how many embryo's are successful! Should find out in a few hours!

Thanks for listening ladies<3

One more question.

I'm a little worried that its not normal to feel this achy! I have a feeling its a result from the anesthetic. Not that the pain is that intense, but more achy when i try to walk, hard to sleep because my tummy is quite tense??

Any thoughts?

Hi tima,
    Take care with teh OHSS. you may notice your abdomen getting very bloated and sore. Your ovaries are much bigger than usual and can be very painful with OHSS. MAke sure you rest and get plenty of fluids and keep in touch with your clinic if you have any change in symptoms.

Just by the by, you can join our general chatter thread for LT TTCers and those undergoing Assisted conception cycles in our LT TTC & AC thread.

Good luck to you!

Hi tima - sorry to hear the pick up was unpleasant - are you feeling any better?

How did the fertilisation go? I've got fx for you!

Surprise surprise... i have OHSS and OMG its definately not pleasant! Everything you read about it is spot on! In a word ... YUUUCK!

My FS told me that of the 14 eggs that were collected he said there were about 8-9 embryos. When they told me to put off the embryo transfer this month, he then came back and said that they are only able to freeze 5. I know this may sound really dumb, but why only 5?

Anyone?

Hey tima im really sorry to hear you have OHSS! and i hope you get better really soon. From my understanding they will only freeze the ones that are good quality and will survive the thaw, thats a really good amount though so dont be hard on your self, i had 15 eggs collected but only 4 made it to the blastie stage. 3 were day 5 embryo's and 1 was a day 6 embryo (took a day longer to get to the full blsatie stage) it is very normal to have some that stop growing. Best wishes xx

Thanks for your response .... thought that was the case but wasn't sure. I was a little disappointed initially but cant complain.

Thanks again for your help!

5 in the freezer is a great outcome, though the OHSS certainly isn't!
    Hope you're resting up and feeling better soon.