Thread: First ICSI Scheduled!!!!

Default First ICSI Scheduled!!!!

First cycle of ICSI and scared!!!!
    Hi ladies,

Im fairly new in this part of the forums and just wanted to say hello

DH and I had our appointment with the FS today and we are all set to start ICSI on 29th July
    Im so excited/scared at the same time!!! DH needs to have his sperm aspirated and they will do my eggs on the same day (probably around 14th August). We have our appointment on 27th July to get all our drugs, DH flies back to work on 29th July, so im on my own.

How did you you feel about injecting yourself and how did the drugs make you feel in the first cycle???

Aim x

Hi,
    You can join the ladies in LT TTC & Assisted Conception chatter to talk about your cycle and ask any quesitons you may have.
    Good luck!

Good luck Amy_jellybean, the needles do seem scary but it really isnt that bad, i done all of mine myself and i hate needles! its funny because i still cant watch the nurse take my blood but i was fine to inject my self lol. I found the whole procedure really easy, the nurses talk you through every step of the way and are always there to talk to if you have any concerns. I will also be doing another round around the same time as you, i wish you all the best xx

Me 24 & 25
    ICSI
    STIM #1 BFN
    FET #2 BFN
    FET #3 BFP- Lost our angel at 5 weeks
    1 embie left in storage

Hi One Day,

Thanks so much for your reply. Im sure ill be ok with it all, I just wish the time would hurry up so we can get started already!!!!

Good luck with your cycle, im guessing we'll probably be in the tww thread together and fingers crossed we'll end up in belly buddies as well.

Amy

Yes i too will look forward to seeing you in the 2ww forum and good luck with your cycle xoxo

Me 24 & 25
    ICSI
    STIM #1 BFN
    FET #2 BFN
    FET #3 BFP- Lost our angel at 5 weeks
    1 embie left in storage

Cool

Hi Amy,
    Just read your IVF blog. Your situation seems very similar to mine. My hubby also works away and he has really low sperm count so we have start IVF. I go in for egg collection on Monday - trigger tonight. I was really scared of self injecting but it really wasn't so bad at all. I had scans and bloods every 2nd day which was the worst part as it was just inconvenient more than anything. I am really nervous for the collection and transfer but excited at the same time and the entire experience has opened my eyes! I never realised how complex it was. The nurses and drs really are amazing. Good luck with yours and hope to hear some positive news.
    Christie

Just wanted to wish you all the best.

I found it easy taking the injections and the synarel - but found that there was 2 full days where I just didn't feel myself. A bit vague and irritable. But out of the whole thing, this was the worst that I felt.

Loads of luck!!
    Sue x

Thanks for your well wishes guys

I just wish the time would hurry up, 16 days til AF is due and it feels like its taking forever!!!!

No advice here hun, just lots of good luck