Thread: Ivf cycle cancelled

Default Ivf cycle cancelled

Hi Everyone,
    I am new to chatting online but I needed someway to vent. Has any one else had thier first cycle cancelled 8 days in because of a cyst that grew and only 1 follicle? I feel like a complete reject and failure and have been out of my mind for the last couple of days. My DR says to wait untilAF arrives then come back for a scan to see if the cyst has gone. It is so anoying having to wait and to make matters worse my husband is going away for work next month and wont be home for 4 months. I am feeling very down at the moment. Has any one had similar?

Hi nikkiR

Big big , having a cycle cancelled is so heartbreaking and frustrating. My first IVF cycle I had only 1 decent sized follicle and ended up with 1 mature egg, I was so devestated but chose to go ahead with the cycle anyways since the nurses were saying you only need 1 egg and you are so young (21 at the time) its gonna work! In hindsight, it was the dumbest decision I ever made. I know it is so hard and you feel like you have done all of it for nothing but dont be hard on yourself, none of this is your fault and you are most certainly not a failure! Things just need to be adjusted a little so you get a much happier result next time. I know these arent answers of any sort but be kind to yourself hun you are on one of the biggest emotional rollercoasters in life

NikkiR-i had a cyst of 18mm on my right ovary on day 2 the doctor seemed to think it was a lead follicle and said we would ignore that follicle and start injections well it turned out i responded slower than last time had to have my puregon increased i stimmed for an extra 4 days 15 in total and none of the 13 follicles on the right ovary grew big enough to contain a mature egg i got 6 eggs from a heap of follicles on the left ovary and only 3 fertilised so with over 23 follicles you can see what a cyst can do if i knew then what i know now i would have waited a month until that cyst was gone and got far more eggs and a better out come i have to have a day 3 TF if any embryos are still going instead of a day 5 so it lowers our pregnancy rate.
    So don't feel bad cyst's are common and at least your FS is giving you the best possible chance of achieving a pregnancy.

Hi,
    I also had a cycle cancelled due to a cyst. My clinic requires you to go for a b/t & scan on day 2 which I did. They picked up on the large folly (think it was about 17mm). I remember that I still had to do the nasal spray only & went for another b/t a couple of days later & the results of that they then decided to cancel the cycle. My clinic also then put me on the pill for a month as apprently that supresses the cyst which it did & I was able to start again the following month.

Good luck with everyting.