Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IVM - In Vitro Maturation

Default IVM Treatment with DR Junk

Hi there
    I'm about to meet with Dr Junk in Perth and was wondering if you found him good?
    For those who have tried IVM... what are the costs i would expect to pay and the success rates?

Hi DolphinAJ. Steve is lovely - completely knows his stuff as he did his PHD on IVM.
    At FertWA (at least when I was there), IVM was cheaper than standard IVF, mainly due to not having to use as many drugs etc and it being an innovative procedure. The last time I spoke to Steve, he mentioned that the success rate for IVM at the clinic was nearly the same as standard IVF - around 50% which is amazing.
    I hope is able to help you :-)

Hi BecD

Thats great to hear such positive feedback with Dr Junk.. I look forward to meeting him next week. Hopefully we wont have to wait too long to fall pregnant....
    Did you have to undergo many IVM trials before you fell pregnant?

We didn't actually fall pg with IVM - we tried two cycles of IVM and then moved onto IVF. OUr main issue lies with male factor IF so not really related to the IVM. It is very good if you have PCOS though, as our next IVF cycle i ended up with severe OHSS, whereas I never came close to that with IVM (which I guess is the entire point!)

Red face Waiting with bated breath.

I'm currently undergoing IVM treatment and have found the whole experience with the FS team really positive. I had 14 eggs retrieved with 4 making it through to blastocyst stage... We had one embryo transferred and 3 frozen not so long ago and am currently waiting for a few more days before our pregnancy test... Fingers crossed our little embryo sticks.
    I can't compare our experience to that of an IVF cycle as this is our very first try, however despite the err "little discomfort" from the egg retrieval process, the overall experience has been great and is certainly worth the consideration.
    I'm trying to find online IVM success stories.. has anyone got any links?

Sorry, no link from me Dolphin but a friend of mine fell on her second attempt of IVM, good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123