thread: Recovery time from egg collection

Feb 2006
    Geelong, Vic

Recovery time from egg collection

Hi
    I am hoping someone can confirm if my body is doing what is 'normal' - I had my egg collection procedure on Tuesday. I feel much better today than I did Tues & Wed,
    but surprised that today (3 days later) I still feel bloated and crampy in my abdomen, kinda like a have a full bladder! I've also got ridicously sore boobs which I didn't have prior to the procedure. Can anyone tell me if my body is reacting normally? and when will it end?

Thanks

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

May 2005
    in the national capital

Hi K1

I think that everyone reacts differently to egg collection.

If the pain is worse that panadol can handle then I would call your clinic and speak to a nurse. Also, remember to drink heaps of water - specially if you are feeling bloated.

My boobs were really sore too - I put it down to all the hormones.

Feb 2009

Hi K1 I am on my 5th day post EPU and still really really bloated - as in I look like I'm 3 months pregnant (if only!). After a pretty good day on day 3 I then seemed to deteriorate and my bloating/discomfort definitely was the worst on day 4 but then today which is day 5 I feel 100% more comfortable yet still very very bloated.

So I am sure that it's different for everyone and if you're concerned you should contact your clinic.

Hope you start to feel better soon

Feb 2006
    Geelong, Vic

Thanks for the feedback. Checked with the clinic when I went in today and they said it was all 'normal'.

Feb 2006
    Geelong, Vic

Just for anyone else who ever wonders - I wasn't until a week later that I felt back to normal and could laugh without my abdo hurting!