Thread: Is there any hope or will it be cancelled???

Default Is there any hope or will it be cancelled???

Hi girls,

I went and had my bloods done this morning. Rang for the results at 4pm and she said that there has been no change at all in my Estrogen levels

Im so annoyed because when we originally went through my medication they put me on 100mg of Peugeon and I said oh that seems really low compared to what the other girls I know are on. The doc said that because Im so young they didnt want me to overstimulate. When I rang today they said oh your not progressing we have to double your dose to 200mg!!! When I asked her if she knows a rough date for the ultrasound so I can organise it with work, she said she had no idea because at the moment I will have no follies at all with those hormone levels...

This now means that egg pickup prob wont be on saturday and DH is FIFO so he has organised 2 weeks off work ggrrrrr!!!!

Has anyone had the same situation and still gone ahead and not had the cycle cancelled? Im so scared they will and it will shatter DH.

Hi Amy_jellybean, sorry this has not happened to me but i just wanted to say goodluck and don't lose hope, there is always ways around it so hopefully now with them putting your dose up everything will be ok. This journey is a hard, long and emotional one but you just have to try stay strong. I have my fingers crossed for you xx

First cycle is always a bit of test as they need to find out what levels work best for you. When they up that Puregon, you can be surprised at how quickly things can change and when you go for a scan that screen is filled with lots of big follies!! So definately don't lose hope, your egg pickup will just be pushed forward a few days. It is better that they start small and then build it up this way, you definately do not what to be overstimulated!!

When they give you a date for a certain thing, always use it as a guide and not a definate. As things can easily change.One cycle may have gone one way, the next one could be different.

Keep positive, fingers crossed!
    Last edited by lil_chookie; August 10th, 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Something to add

Hi girls,

Thanks for your replies.

Yeah I know the dates are only an indication, as long as the cycle goes ahead it wont matter too much because DH has 2 weeks off. Im just worried if it gets cancelled because DH is fly in fly out and cant have any more time of work this year. They are aspirating his sperm and dont know if they are even going to get any, so if they do get something they want to use it fresh not frozen, and he needs time to recover from it.

I have another blood test tomorrow so fingers crossed it comes back with better results.

I hope you get a good response from the higher dose! You've certainly got some extra logistical worries there with the aspiration and your DH's work.
    Good luck!

Thanks Marcellus... fingers crossed!!

Good Luck my DH and i have been down the exact same path for the past couple of years.
    I have everything crossed for you!

HI girls,

I went and had my bloods done again today. I asked them what my level was from Monday and they said it was under 150, today (2 days later) it has come in at 350. Still low but im going back on Friday for another blood test.

Well that sounds better anyway! Hope the levels keep rising well from here