Thread: Transfer today... as few questions (or worries :-)

Lightbulb Transfer today... as few questions (or worries :-)

Hi there,

I had my transfer today for my first IVF cycle... all went well I has 4 Blastocysts inc 3 suitable to freeze.. so I'm stoked I just have a few questions I was wondering if someone could please answer..

Firstly my transfer was at 12pm and at 5pm, I had some spotting (8pm seems to be gone now)... should I be worried?

and Secondly I was told my uterus was somewhat twisted when they did the implant, they said it was OK (esp because I had a full bladder) but I was wondering if anyone knows what this means and is it a permanent thing and again... should I be worried??

Thanks xx

Hey joeyme, firstly good luck and best wishes im not sure about the twisted uterus but iv heard about that before on here somewhere. The spotting though after my last one about 4 hours later when i went to the toilet and wiped there was a small spot of blood, when i rang the nurse the next day she said most likely it was form the transfer, when they put the transfer tube into the uterus there is lots of little blood vessels which are easily bumped, so i wouldnt panic if its stopped but if your concerned call your clinic. And i got a BFP that cycle but later lost it so dont think too much into it xxx

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That makes me feel a lot better :-) I did a lot of googling last night and I could only find one other post in a forum saying basically what you have said. I think I've convinced myself that it is nothing to worry about...

I'll have a search around for the twisted uterus.

Good luck with your transfer tomorrow... xxxx

Yeah, spotting after transfer is normal!

Not sure about the twisted uterus thing but maybe that is why you had some spotting, because it wasn't easy to get the catheter through???? Just speculating!

Good luck!
    Sue xxx

Default Spotting Expected

Congrats on your embryo transfer yesterday. I also had my first transfer yesterday about the same time Just to put your mind at ease, after the transfer, my FS said to expect mild cramping and spotting. Although I have not yet experienced spotting but mild cramping is a definite yes, I just received a call from my nurse midday today to check in if I was feeling okay and she said, don't worry if you see any spotting over the next couple of days, its completely normal. TWICE in two days I have been warned of this without mention from me of spotting! Must be a common symptom of ES and many woman must feel anxious about it understandably so they just wanted to put my mind at ease, just in case. Hope this makes you feel a little better. It's so easy to analyse every little twinge and thing ... I know I do Best of luck and lets hope we both get our in two weeks time xxx