thread: Who under 35 TF 2 Embrios first IVF Cycle?

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

Who under 35 TF 2 Embrios first IVF Cycle?

Hi Ladies

DH and I have a very important desision to make. Weather to have 1 or 2 embrios transfered when the time comes. We were given the option to chose how many and it didn't seem to bother our FS what way we wanted to go.

I really just can't shake the feeling that we need to have 2 put back. I know there are risks with multiple pregnancies. I also know it only increases pregnancy chances by only a few % but a few % is a few % more of chance and that multiples go up by quite a bit. So I am well aware of those facts.

I know that most policies are that anyone who is under 35 has 1 put back unless they have had multiple failures. So how many of you under 35 have had 2 embies put back first cycle? And were you successful in a pregnancy?

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

We wanted to but with the Australian regulations being as you mentioned, we weren't given the choice.

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

Hi Sarah

Thanks for your reply. I had a look on their web site and legally anyone can have 2 embrios transfered but they highly recommend under 35's to have 1 put back. It is a disscussion between the patients and the Dr informing of the risks etc...

I still have a couple of weeks to decide yet so we'll do our sums and research and then discuss it with our Dr and go from there.

Nov 2004
    Australia

Hi,
    You are right it is a huge descion to make. We had two embies put back our first cycle but it failed. So without a second thought we had two put back at our 2nd cycle. 8 months later our beautiful boys where born. I felt so special to be blessed with two miricales after so much disapointment and heartache.You really will never know the full extent of your descion until it has come full cycle. Twins are a huge amount of work especially in the first 6 months. But you know what life goes by just the same as it does for anyone else. I now have a 10 month old baby boy as well as my 2 year old twins and we are discussing trying for a 4th before the end of the year! so do what your heart tells you and either way I wish you a BFP!! Oh I forgot to mention I was 28 when my twins where born!

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

Hi Zap

Thanks so mch for you reply. Congratulations on you twins and 3rd little boy. I really do feel we need to transfer 2. It is a really strong feeling regardless of the outcome. I know that twins will be hard work but I'm really not worried about it. I have a wonderfull supportive husband now and I know that IF we had twins we would get through no problems.