Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the art of crochet

Going great! Was fabulous to finally learn how to do a granny square Have done 6 or 7, and then had trouble with one of the squares so I've moved onto the next one, and hopefully after a few more squares I'll be able to go back and do it properly.

Does it annoy anyone else that the wool doesn't come with names on it? When I get the issues I divide them up and put them in the file straight away, and put the wool in my case. Then I go to make one and it says to use 'sailor blue', only there's 4 different blues there and I don't know which one they mean!!

I'm keeping each issue cover as well. I think (hope as I haven't started yet) it has the colour name with picture on the part that describes what's in the next issue. I'm at work so can't check.

I suppose it doesn't matter too much if the correct colour isn't used. Then your throw won't be like everyone elses

So I checked when I got home last night and it has the name of the colour in the next issue description and a picture of the square on the current issue (does that make sense?). Still, it's annoying that the yarn isn't labelled.

How're we all going with this? I've received up to issue 28, but am only on the square with the bobbles. Annoying that the picture shows five bobbles across and you're only asked to do four. Took me ages to figure it out

ETA - Nope, I was wrong, supposed to be five bobbles across, dammit.
    Last edited by Bumperstump Cummerbund; March 31st, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

lol ive just been receiving them and filing them
    havent done anything in a while
    arent we due to receive our next batch? they havent came yet, doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2OneSweetBun View Post
    lol ive just been receiving them and filing them
    havent done anything in a while
    arent we due to receive our next batch? they havent came yet, doh!
    That's what i've been doing also, i can't remember if the last 1 got was last month or earlier this month. I dont tend to crochet in the summer/warmer months.

What's the latest one you've got? We probably are about due actually...

i'm up to issue 27, so i must be due 1 soon if you've issue 28

No, I must be wrong then, coz I'm getting 5 or 6 at a time. They're up to issue 62, so we'll be getting multiple issues til we're caught up. Are you only receiving one?

i get 4 at a time, still haven't gotten issue 1 they keep saying they are out of stock

Wow, that's annoying. I can PDF it over to you if you want, it just means you miss out on the free stuff. Which is probably the point. Offer's there anyway

thanks that would be great, but i'll keep bugging them to send my copy as i've paid for it

so my issue 1 FINALLY arrive, i got my latest delivery on Monday but for some reason they didnt leave it at the front door or behind the bins like they usually do so i had to wait until yesterday for DF to pick it up from the post office. I'm up to issue 31 now, i checked and i usually get 4 issues at a time but twice i've gotten 6 in 1 go.

Question: how are you all storing your issues in the folders?? are you leaving the issues intake or are you breaking them up into the different categories/dividers??..................just curious.

I'm breaking them up and using the dividers. I just got another lot the other day, haven't opened it yet but it'll be going into a new file. Going really well with them at the moment, although I stuffed up the bobbly one. I'm hoping it'll be alright, certainly not doing it again, LOL!

awesome!, i havent started any of the projects yet but i've got issue 1 now so i might start with that 1, i'm a pro at granny squares so it will be nice to try something different for a change. Which issue are you up to now Keike?

Man I still cant read the instructions LOL

Dont think i will ever make a jumper, too complicated and not my style lol

What's the prob M2OSB?

oh its just the abbrievations! LOL

Have you guys got pics of your work? i should start putting some pics of my work up too

I think my main prob is the foundation chain and then the second chain (ie turning chain) in those abbreviated patterns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast