Thread: Cars - For 2 or 3 baby/booster seats - spam me!

Default Cars - For 2 or 3 baby/booster seats - spam me!

We have a Mazda 3 and if we put another car seat in there DD1 is going to be far too squashed in the middle.

So, we need a new car.

But what if we do go on to have one more? Then we will just have to upgrade again........ what is out there that can be used as an every day car for hubby to get to and from work, but also as a family car?

We can only afford to run one car so it has to fit all of these bills.

Also, we have no idea how we are going to fund it so price is a concern too.

Any suggestions?

(p.s I loathe SUV's)

I was going to say a Landcruiser, but u don't like suv's. I had never driven one until the day we test drove ours. I love them! They have soooooo much room in them, and ours is on gas, so is cheap to run. I like the fact that we can take our car anywhere. It also fits 3 seats across the back nicely.

We drive a Ford Mondeo with three kids in the back. Pretty sure a Mazda 6 would be ok too.
    The only problem is that most of these cars don't have 3 anchor points, which is ok for us now as DS1 is in a half booster.
    I am looking into a seven seater like the new Nissan Dualis or the Captiva as they don't seem as big as the other SUV's on the road.
    Another to consider is a station wagon as you can fit three in the back and put one of those d i c k i e seats in the back as well if you are picking up kids and their friends.

Hi,

We have a 2006 Mitsubishi Grandis. It is a seven seater car. It is regarded as a station wagon, not an SUV. We bought it second hand 2 months before our third child arrived.
    And we could definitely fit another child in there

I suggest you do a web search on the Grandis. I had never even heard of them until I started researching vehicles while pregnant with #3.

The other option would be a Honda Odyssey. They are a 7 seater. It is a wagon also not an SUV.

I am happy to answer any questions if you have them. Good luck!

We are looking for one at the moment that can take 2, and honestly, to get in 3, I think you will need to go for a commodore or falcon, they are the only things we have seen that would fit them comfortably and allow the driver to put heir seat back (that aren't SUVs, 4WDs, or People Movers - none of which we want if we can help it) But DH is tall, and we need the room for him to drive the car with a rearward seat in the middle...Commodore it is!

GL

rhyb Guest

Were using a ford falcon atm when we just have the three. That fits comfortably

Another car to consider is the Toyota Avensis....

Now I am off to go and check out the Grandis

We have a Hyundai Trajet - it's a 7 seater - not an SUV and we love it! Plenty of leg room for all seats and not too expensive either. Good luck hun!

What's classed as a SUV? lol

We love our Mazda MPV.. its awesome. And it will fit 5 baby seats in there if you want it to

We have a Honda Odyessey (sp?) which seats 7. It's not an SUV - kinda like a fancy wagon. Its really beaut. The 2 back seats have anchor points so you can comfortably transport 4 in car seats (5 kids altogether). Or you have the option of folding down the back row and having a massive boot area for prams etc. We also have an older model camry station wagon and the boot size is not as big as the Honda with the back row folded. Of course you have the option of just folding down one chair also.

It's not a cheap car however, but like you - we only wanted to make one purchase (instead of one now and another a few years down the track if we have more bubs). So the Honda has been a solid investment for us - but a very sound one. It also comes with the 5 star (highest) safety rating with surround airbags. It has won 'people mover of the year' numerous times - so even the older models come highly rated. I would seriously consider looking at 2nd hand models if you like it but are wanting a cheaper $- we have zero complaints!!

HTH.

I saw a funky car the other day! I followed it thinking it was a Grandis.
    It was a Citroen and had seven seats...all full with kiddies Looked very nice.

ooih steer clear of the Citroens! lol Baaad cars!

We have just been through this as out third daughter has just arrived. It is very tricky to find one that has room and space in the boot. we needed an all wheel drive as my husband drives to work on a road that requires that. Have you looked at the Toyota Camry, it is really wide. huge boot and smaller engine then the holden/commodore type sedans, so cheaper to run!