Thread: HELP

baby4 Guest

Default HELP

HI EVERYONE
    I NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS PARTICULAR SUBJECT MY 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS ASKED ME HOW THE BABYS GET IN MY BELLY AND IM NOT SURE WHAT TO TELL HER CAN ANYONE HELP OR HAS ANYONE BEEN IN MY SITUATION THAT CAN TELL ME WHAT TO TELL HER IVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AN EASY THING FOR ME BUT SHES ONLY 6 I CANT BE TO GRAPHIC

Last edited by baby4; December 10th, 2006 at 08:49 PM. Reason: LEFT OUT STUFF

Hey baby4
    My son is 5 nearly six and he asked the same question when I was pg with no.6.
    Its hard and all I said was ask me when you are 10!lol
    sorry, can't help but I just wanted to let you know I've been there.

tiggy Guest

Hi Baby4,
    When my girls started asking, I just broke it down into simplistic terms.
    I said that inside Mummy is an egg and inside Daddy is a tadpole The tadpole and the egg meet oneday and when they 'kiss' it starts a baby growing inside Mummy's tummy.
    Of course, they were happy with that at four but as they have gotten older the questions have become more and more complicated. Now the twins are almost 11 and Lily almost 9, they know the whole story, so to speak. I think it is often better to be open and upfront with them, although, I am a midwife, so they have grown up knowing about pregnancy and birth and throw around words like posterior presentation and hyperemisis!! LOL. I guess you need to do what is comfortable for you.Good Luck!