Thread: Holidays for larger families

Default Holidays for larger families

Cost is obvioulsy a big issue when attempting to plan a holiday with lots of kids and family members, but practicalities are also a huge consideration.

What type of holidays are best for families with 4 or more kids? Is it ever a restful holday for parents, or a recipe for disaster?!

I have a funny story for you Lucy....

We - parents & 4 kids - always went to QLD around easter time when I was younger. One year (I was 12, sisters 14 & 7, brother 6) the 3 youngest were playing hide & seek around the resort & we got seperated. Long story short, we thought our brother had been dragged into a room by some guy that yelled at us for running around. We had our parents, resort security & all these people racing around only to find out he had gone down the other stairs to where we were!!!

Having said that though, it was really the only disaster story we have from our holidays!

haven't been on many, but its funny when you try book accomodation on line, and the computer tells you that the no of adults and children you've put in limits your choices, and to change the numbers so you have more options!!!!
    We were booking to go to sydney, and I said to DH, hey lets just dissapear a couple of kids so we have more options!!!!!
    Have found self contained units and caravans easier to fit in than an actual hotel room, very few do more than 2 kids, unless you get 2 rooms, then if the kids are only little, like mine parents have to sleep in seperate rooms with a few kids each, PAINFUL!!!

We hired a cabin at xmas, at a caravan park, 2 sets of bunks and a seperate room for parents. It was great, we had the portacot in the room with use and the other 3 in the other room. We are going agian in Jan and this time willhave the portacot, no sure where we will fit that.

I did the same thing in looking online for accomodation, and I just got annoyed. I do remember as a kid staying in a motel with an adjoining room for us 3 kids cos we couldn't all fit in the room, but it was ok as the door was internal.

Hi

We usually stay in a cabin with 2 rooms! it's usually pretty good