Thread: I'm scared to tell my Mum!!

Default I'm scared to tell my Mum!!

I am so scared to tell my mother that I am having another baby!! I am scared my sisters will say... another one! What are you going to do with it?! How can you afford it!? What about work? sigh

They can be so opinionated and I don't want them to all be thinking bad things of me. I know I shouldn't care and I know they will get over it.

How did you spread the news that you were have yet another baby?

Tanya

With #3 I just started wearing maternity clothes and let them figure it out, but I did tell MIL about it.

I know you don't want them thinking or saying bad stuff, but it has got nothing to do with them if you want another baby and it is not like you are asking their permission, you are just sharing your happy news with your family.

They will get over it and by the time bubs is born they wont even remember what they said.

Good luck with telling them though.

Before I fell pg with my 6th my mother told me that if we got pg again she would cut DH's nether regions off and wear them as earrings :shock: . When I fell pg with my 6th I just said to her "sharpen your blade, Mum" and she new what I was going to say. My family don't worry about the money side of things - more "Its no good for your health" etc. With the 7th, they all just laughed 8-[

Tanya, i was fine telling my dad and sister, my dad was thrilled and my sister just laughed.

On the other hand, i am terrified of telling my MIL, she told me after i had Nick i wasn't 'allowed' any more and now she won't have anything to do with Ryan

Good luck sweetie, i think we both need it

I was scared to, doesn't it make you angry to a point! They should be happy for us, I know that they're worried but hey if you're going to show your dissapointment (not foe a better word) sorry- but if your going to show it keep it to yourselves.

Mine were like I don't want to know until your 4 months coz of the worry due to 2 m/c and other problems but if you can't share it with your FAMILY honestly then who are you meant to share it with!!

Well hon, we're all delighted for you and we're your 2nd family HTH. I mean it to. O

Tanya, My Mum was ok with it. SHe knew that we were TTC anyway so I guess it was no surprise to her. Marks Mum had already said to me even before I was pg with Noah, oh you don't want anymore do you. Remembering the Noah is Marks' first baby. We didn't even bother telling her when we fell with Teh. I think Marks brother did. To be honest I couldn't care less what they had to say about it. We were happy, it's our life and as long as we are happy and managing whose business is it???

Maybe you need to adopt that sort of mind. I'm sure your family will be as delighted as you after (after the intial shock). And if not, are they really worth getting upset over??

Goodluck hon. And as Nadia said, we are all happy for you

Take care
    Trish

Thanx girls...

Nadia, i really love the girls here and am happy to be a member, I feel I can talk about anything without being judged... and to have you and Trish say such a nice thing means a lot O

I am going to try and tell mum tomorrow... If I get the guts!

Tanya

Tanya, goodluck tomorrow hun. That is if you decide to do it. All in good time, you have the next 8 months to do it

Take care
    Trish

I now where you are coming from when I fell with my fourth, I didn't want to tell my mother because she told me I was a terrible mother and that I couldn't cope with 3 let alone 4. Well since then my mother has become estranged from all of us including her siblings and mother so when I fell with #5 I said you know what, I'm not the one with the problem she is and I am a grown woman, it is my life and we will have as many children as we see fit and she can go to hell. Quite liberating really.

Hi Girls
    Well it's done!
    Not the way i intended, but...
    We had been at mum's for hours, the whole time, I was thinking of telling her. Anyway we were getting ready to leave and I thought, I have heaps of time! Wato had the girls in his arms and I was getting DVD's off my sister. Alecia was staying the night ans was laying on the couch with her head on Mum's knee... then she says to Mum, "Mum's got a belly".
    I look at her wide eyed, as if to say SHUT UP! Mum is looking at me then at Alecia... then she repeats herself, "mum's got a belly.... can I tell her".
    I say, "Too late now. Geeez your a blabber mouth! I wasn't going to tell her!"

My sisters didn't hear, and Mum didn't say anything... I think she knew I felt a bit awkward.

Tanya

Hahaha, what's that they say "out of the mouths of babes..."

Well at least YOU didn't have to tell her & you got to leave straight after!! I bet Alecia got a grilling the minute you left & they know everything now!

OMG Tanya, trust one of the kids to blab. I know THAT look too. I often give it to my kids. LOL. Atleast it is all over and done with now. I agree with Sarah too, you can bet Alecia got the second degree after you guys left.

Take care
    Trish

CRAP! I can only imagine! She, honestly, has the biggest mouth! She just can't help herself! I have, on several occasions had to tell her to stop talking because she has a tendency to make ppl feel uncomfy cause she can say the most emarrassing things!

*sigh*

Tany