Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large families

Default Large families

Hi there

I was wondering if there were any other mums with large families out there!

I'm jo and i have 4 kids and am TTC #5

Would love to hear from you!

*Yvette* Guest

Yes Jo, a few of us have been talking about starting a large families thread.

I have 3 & I'm pregnant with twins, so it's definately a subject I'm interested in. Firstly we're going to have to get a different car!

Another thing I'm thinking about is where everyone's going to sleep. I have 2 older girls used to having their own rooms, so we're already in a 4 bedroom house, and we don't know yet if the new babies will be boys or girls. There's going to have to be some sharing somewhere unless we found a place with 6 bedrooms (and could afford it).

I'll make sure the other large families mum's I've come accross know about this thread.

woops, that post above was mine, i forgot to log in #-o

Hi everyone

We are a large family I guess ... if large is considered over the average # of kids!!!

We have 3 kids that live here and the other two are with their Mum in Queensland. Ryan also has an angel baby - Brandon Troy. So if we all lived in the one place that would make us a big family. For that reason I think Asha will be the last baby in our family, although if I could be assured that the next baby would be a boy I wouldn't hesitate!

Cheers

Hi Jo I'm Jo and we are pregnant with number 4. We have 3 gorgeous girls and last year went and had vasectomy reversal and woohoo we are pregnant with a lil boy. While Im thinking that 4 is enough for us, Im not completely opposed to having another one again..i guess we will see how we go.

Jo

Isnt it funny how the size of 'normal' families change? Or rather I guess.. whats considered a 'large' family?

It seems nowdays more than 3 kids constitutes a large family. My Gran was 1 of 14.. My best friend is 1 of 7...

We were discussin this once at uni, and there were a few people who were 1 of 9, 1 of 11 and 1 of 12... all at least in their late 30s..

So isnt it strange that in an older generation it was those numbers considered large, but now its much smaller..

That shows birth control for yah eh..

K

Im yet to have a bubs of my own, but DH and I would really love to have 6 kids! I know that until you have at least one, how can you be sure, but I have always wanted a big family and so has DH.

Its surprising though how many people are so shocked by our plans! Bet you guys get it all the time too!?

Keen

tiggy Guest

I have three of my own, all girls. Plus William if he were still here would be my forth. I foster my sisters two boys also, so we have five kids living in our house and ttc another and I don't know if I'll be finished then either. I love having lots of kids in the house, it's noisy and messy but it's always lively.

caroline Guest

We have 8 children between us. I have 3 children, dh has 3 children and we have two children. Only my three and our two live with us though but that is plenty.

caroline Guest

We have 8 children between us. I have 3 children, dh has 3 children and we have two children. Only my three and our two live with us though but that is plenty.

We currently have 3, but #4 is on the way. It was an OOpsie pg, but I wouldn't change it for the world. DH was freaked out LArge car, house ra ra ra. But has got used to the idea( helps that its to be a DS after 3DD's)
    He is planning on the snip post this one, but I would go on forever, and foster too, if finances and my health weren't all issues!!

Oooh! I like it here! I too have 4 kids, 3 DD's and a DS, who was very unhappy to be the only boy.

We had to buy the bigger car and have extended our house 3 times to accomodate everyone as DH said each child needs their own room, so believe it or not our 12 square house is approx 25sqs wtih 6 bedrooms, a study and a rumpus! LOL I don't know how many houses have that!

I always wanted 4 kids and Dh said 10 to begin with, but his patience was alot thinner after 2, then he fell in love with our 3rd and couldn't say no to the 4th. BUT....He doesn't want anymore, and I think I am prob at my limit too. Mine are DD Jordan 10, DS Joshua 5, DD Jemma 2 and DD Jessica 7 mths. All J's too, not planned even up till the 3rd but had to make sure that no.4 was a J name so she didn't think she was unwanted.

Best wishes Michelle

Hi Cailin- can we have a bit at the top of this thread where our details can be registered to help us keep track of each other, please?
    Cheers Michelle

Hi all

I'm so glad to see i'm not the only one with lots of kids
    I've posted this topic on other sites and never even get a response

*Yvette* Guest

Hi again Jo, yes it's good that some big families mums are starting to congregate here. I'm sure there's quite a few more to come. We'll get it off the ground.

hey now I'll be twice as big, a big mama and a mother of a big family!!!

There are quite a few of us here aren't there!

I had 7 kids here the other day, a friend of Jordan's a gf's 2 and my own 4 and it was like a halfway house. Guess there is more of that to come, with the kids going to be bringing friends over, so we should start to get used to the idea. I do find it hard to think we will have other people's kids around alot, cos I so like to just be here together (the family), but My friends were often around and i'd rather they be here than somewhere I don't know.
    Hope everyone is well, I have lost track of who is here, but hello to you all. It will be another flat out week for us, witht he 2nd week of school holidays. Can't wait till school starts back.
    Cheers michelle

I've always wanted to have a big family and I guess I am well on my way. I grew up with a brother, but always envied my friends with bigger families. Well #5 is here now so we will see how we go before making any decisions 8-[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast