Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Large Families - April & May 2005

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME! Who will look after me 4 treasures PROPERLY? LOL Cos Arron would try but.....it wouldn't be the same.

I can imagine how itchy your DH"S feet were today waiting until pickup time. Patience is a virtue for those who don't have to wait that is.LOL

Well the Dr said just what you said Vanita, that the fluid is doing what it's supposed to, something damaged in the knee etc. So you would have to know that Arron asked could the Dr drain the fluid so he could play footy on Saturday, The dr laughed at him, what an idiot he is! So it could take about 3wks for it to heal he reckons. We'll see if Arron is off footy for that long.

I worked like a trojan and the study is the best room in the house. Unclutterd and organised, I can even see the computer desk. Wonder how long it will stay like that?

Anyway must keep moving along, never get everywhere the way I'm goping tonight.

Best wishes michelle

Glad to know the Dr agrees with me ( so maybe I'm not such a dill after all!) LOL about having it drained off though, men can be daft cant they, think everything should be "fixed"

Well DH has his car, and drove us all to the Ob visit, so had a good cruise!! Good news NO GD!!!!! And bubs is still head down ( for 2 weeks now!!) He thinks my chances of having another breech, or another csec are rare, so quick and natural for me, YEAH!!!!!

DH spent last night reading the car manual!!! Good on him eh!

So Michell, you've done the lounge, now the study, must feel lik a new house!!

Yay on the car Vanita and also great news on bubs position and no GD. Things are looking good on your end all round !

I wish the house looked like new, it's just a shame there are 4 kids and a Dh who come in cos it doesn't stay nice no matter how hard I seem to work. Oh well, like that ad says, To keep things clean then don't have pets or kids!" Couldn't do that now could I!

I am about to go do a crash clean up just befor Arron walks in the door so it looks like I have been working all day. OOps he is ringing my mobile! That means he now knows I am online, Bugger! Oh well he rang to say he will bring chinese home for tea, so now I am off the hook for cooking, which I am happy about. Tomorrow I am going to put the bookcase in Josh's room, or maybe I should do it now!

See if I can be bothered. I might go to the punching bag and see what is happening in other peoples lives lOL, mine is usually dramatic but I actually don't need to post there at the moment.

Cheers Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

GD?

*Yvette* Guest

Yvette's shortest post ever, lol.

I think that was BellyBelly's shortest post ever too Yvette

GD is gestational diabetes....

Yvette- you are now a record holder.LOL

I am usually pretty bad with those things myself, luckily i knew that one.

Where have you been Yvette? How's everything going, I read that you are big now, and you still have so far to go! And I love the website it's great.

Cheers Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

I'm here Michelle, just did a big post in Vic thread. You crack me up talking about getting sprung by DH being online instead of hard at work. You've been doing heaps though, I wish I could get myself so busy around the house.

I get hassled heaps for being on the pc too much. My plan is to do housework for a couple of hours after breakfast, then do what I want if there's time, then be folding washing or something after school so the kids see me being busy, and I can talk/listen to them. They always want lots of attention after school, and when I'm online it's hard to get my attention. DH feels neglected when I'm on for ages too, and hates it when I read in bed for too long. It's just that when I get into something I like to keep going with it. When I do do housework sometimes I'm at it for ages and he's telling me to slow down! It's all in the timing I reckon. There was this comedian woman (does anyone remember her, she did a Heinz soup commercial) who had 4 or 5 kids - she said they were gonna keep trying til they got one they liked - and she said while the family were out there was no point doing housework coz there was no-one to see it, but as soon as they started walking in the door she would start turning on appliances, washer, vacuume, food processor, so they could all see how hard she was working.

Angus has a rotten cold atm & is snotty & has a temp. Got him some Demazin, & it makes him feel much better but a little 'stoned'. He's got to like the taste though, so is taking it easily now. Not much in the nappies the last couple of days, he's not taking all his bottles coz of blocked nose, so trying to get milk & diluted juice in with a straw cup, and he's not eating much. He had some fish last night though, & Lindsay had Chinese & I had Vietnamese, yum! The girls are away with their dads for the weekend, so mummy & daddy might have a 'nap' when Angus does, lol. I went to Lola's Gala Music Night on Thursday night, 2 1/2 hours of sitting on a very uncomfortable seat in the school hall, to see her play about 4 notes on her cello for one song, lol. It was worth it though, I was so impressed with the music programme. There were rock bands, brass bands, choirs, string ensembles and a symphony orchestra. Lola is feeling quite inspired to put the effort into her practice now I think.

So no gestational diabetes for Vanita, woo hoo! What car did Chris get again? Just waiting for the lovely green Kia now......

Yvette- Arron hates me being online, sees it as such a waste of time, and he doesn't see it as an outlet for me but rather work avoidence. Seems to think I should clean house all day cos then we would have a display home YEAH right! with 4 kids in it fat chance of that.

He also hates that I sell stuff on ebay with my mum, carries on that if it was a good business then I would make money and I don't get pd so it is a waste. I get so sick of hearing it.

But I will not stop doing what I want to just cos he is so selfish, I mean who has played footy for the last 25 yrs of his life and he didn't get rich off that, and fishing costs over $100 to take the boat in the bay run it and buy bait, so it is a cheap alternative to his pastimes.

I wish sometimes he could see things from different viewpoints, but he wasn't blessed with that gift LOL.

Well I just wrote in the VIC thread too aobut my poor Jemma, looks like she has what Angus has, started yesterday, I am sort of kicking myself cos she shouldn't have gone swimming on Thursday, it was too cold and he was starting to get sick then but too late. I am keeping her home this Thurs cos I don't want her to get sicker.

Gotta go and do ebay stuff, book work for it and listing stuff, need to eaarn more money so I can buy more things to sell LOL.

Best wishes Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Angus is walking! He took 9 steps on Friday, then yesterday walked all the way accross the kitchen and back. So now he can wave, dance, cuddle, do proper crawiling, and walk. The kid is obviously a genious. He's also a snot machine atm, poor thing has a rotten cold, and now I have it too. I had a great little cleaning spree last night, and was feeling so energetic I wrote myself an ambitious list for today, but now I'm all snotty & miserable & vegging in my dressing gown while DH makes me honey & lemon drinks.

Hope Jemma feels better soon Michelle. As for handling husbands, if only I knew how to I'd write a book and be a gazillionaire. It's so hard to make them understand how you're feeling sometimes. We muddle on or put up with nobody to cuddle. Lindsay reads all my posts too, so I can't even ***** about him to other people without him knowing, lol.

Where's the women only 'how to handle your bloke' thread?

LOL Yvette " how to handle your bloke" I was thinking more allong the lines of "the biggest baby of all" Throwing bigger tantrums than the littlies thats for sure!!!
    Chris got a new Holden Astra, hatch, which I got to drive into the city today, was my nephews Christening, his mother is greek ( my SIL) so its like a wedding, had to be there at 12 and only got homea t 6.30 am buggered!!!

HI girls,

I have posted my congrats to Angus in the Vic thread, well done ANGUS!

Bummer on not being able to ***** about Lindsay Yvette, but I'm sure you wouldn't need to anyway *wink* LOL.

If there was a book about husband handling I would have the first copy and it would sell out bf it hit the shelves LOL.

I had a great buy at an online kids clothes shop. 8 items delivered for $101, and in that there is a coat for Jemma, a pair of shoes ea for Jemma and Jessica, a hooded top and a pair of pants and also 2 bodysuits for Jessica. Don't you love when they have 30% off and you find out before the sale ends? I will be watching the mailbox like a hawk now.

Vanita- It will be nice to have a zippy little car and then your van, gives you something different to drive every now and then. Now when is your car ready? What a long Christening, I have only ever been to a couple of catholic christenings and they weren't huge like your one.

A question about Christening, how many people have christened their bubs. None of our 4 are christened as neither of us were so it was irrelevant. my mum was catholic but hated going to church and decided that we could be the ones to choose if we wanted to be a part of a religion when we got older. Arron's Dad was actually an alter boy in his church, I think Roman/catholic (don't quote me on that) as he was from a latvian background, and Arron's mum was church of England, but they didn't christen their 3 kids either.

Anyway, I must go, Arron fell asleep watching Star wars so i thought i'd check out what was happening and then head off to bed.

See ya Michelle

My kids havent been "christened" but have been baptised in the Uniting church, DH is not sure what he believes in, but knows there is a god, and I am not religous, but am spiritual IYKWIM???

Catholic christenings, are big, but nothing compared to the greek orthodox ones!!! I mean you get bombonaires, placecards etc, at the reception, its sooooo much like a wedding!!!

*Yvette* Guest

Hi guys,

I'm gonna write that husband handling book one day, just as soon as I get my husband 'handled", lol.

Some people just love big dos for Christenings & namings & stuff like that, and I can see why, but it's just not my thing. We're not religious at all (not that you have to be to do it anyway) and none of my kids are baptized or christened. I suppose we think of ourselves as kind of spiritual too, but I think the way I feel it keeps changing.

I do love the idea of ceremonies though, an excuse for a party, and a way of marking an occasion. We've already set a precedent though, so if we did a naming ceremony or something for the new kids it wouldn't seem fair to the other kids.

I have decided to do a little afternoon tea thing for the girls when they get their first period though, (but what equivalent will we think of for Angus?) and I always do Christmas, including a roast on the best china and all that. We always get my family together for the kids birthdays too. We're trying to develop our own family traditions as we go along. I can see these little things being a comfort to me as I get older.

Well us in the larger family forums must be extra busy cos this thread is mighty mighty quiet! LOL

Where are all the frazzled Mum's? I am here, doing the countdown till Arron leaves for QLD, on the 3rd. He doesn't get back until the 7th so it will be interesting to see how I feel by then. I think the key to sanity will be to not care whether the house is spotless, although Mon night I have people coming for the Wall buddies demo, so it will have to be clean then!

Any tips for aking the single parent experience calm and not crazy?
    Cheers Michelle

I found it tricky in someways "single mumming it"In others it was heavenly IYKWIM. Meals were simpler, kids arent as fussy as Dad, I kept a very strict scedule, ( DH lived away for 4 months whilst training to be fireman, I only had the twins, and was pg with #3, but was working4 nights a week) I had the kids bathed and fed, and "readers" done and in bed by 8, so it was lovely and quiet in the evening, and did lots of scrapbooking!!!! I found it hardest when I wanted to get stuff done, and there was no one there to keep an eye on the kids for 1/2 hr.

Make sure you make some "you" time everyday thats the only way I coped IYKWIM!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345