Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families Chatter ~ May 2008-May 2009

****! I didnt realise we had started another thread! I thought our lager families thread had just stopped posting and as i have NO time anymore i didnt bother looking for it!

So now that i have found you all i shall go and see whats been happening! Although i did just see Lea you have had your bub so huge congrats to you and also it sounds like you are married now too congrats, i think the last time i was in here you were counting down to your wedding, man do i feel like my head has been in the sand.

Ok so i have only read whats happened in this post and my brain is completely forgotten everything else!
    So thanks Lea and everyone for your congrats on Molly, yes it was a very long wait! She was 14dys overdue according to my dates, and she was a successful VBA2C's
    Mind you i was 10dys overdue when my local hospital decided that i couldnt have my baby there as it was TOO RISKY! So they sent us to Brisbane to be induced for the following day but that didnt happen either and they didnt end up inducing me at all i went into spontaneous labour at 14dys o/d. But the birth itself was good and obviously there were no complications and we are both fine. I must do my birth story up on here one day! If i ever find the time. But the MW's at Royal Womens were soo supportive of my decision and kept me strong.

So wow we have all really had a lot happening in our lives really so i guess its no wonder this thread has been quiet!
    So Lea you have gotten married and had your little boy (very cute pic) that is awesome, i hope you had a wonderful weeding!

Purplemamma i can't believe you are nearly half way through a PG! Man last i remember little Kane had just had his first lot of surgery! A huge congrats to you and Kanes pic is sooo cute!

Hi to all the newbies that aren't really newbies anymore

Hey Storm how is life going for you lately? Did you get my text when Molly was born? I was so tired i can't rememebr who i heard from afterwards!
    Hope all is going well for you...

Kittykat sounds like you are doing well. I know the hols were full on here too! Hope you survived them! I have always loved them but this lot that we just had were too much for me at times with all the kids in the house! I sooooo need a bigger house!

Kimb hi, welcome and congrats on your PG. I think its great to have abig family although its good to have a big house too!

mumofmany we cop the dont you have a TV in your house one all the time! I wish they would come up with something new already!
    I had a telemarketer ask me that when i said no to a holiday voucher and i said yes love we actually have 3 TV's and she said ooooh! I said yeah we just like breeding! DH says i should be crude and say no we just like to f##k but i just cant be that blunt!

Hi to everyone else and i soooo hope we can get this thread going again as it used to be an excellent thread, was one of the only ones i used when i first came on!

Hi Katstribe/ladies,I realy don`t see what the big deal is about having a large family,I cop crap from my side of the family all the time,but hubby`s family is realy big and we all get along and help each other,my mother inlaw is a lovely woman she had 6 bubs and as long as they are well looked after and loved,who cares if we have 10 or more,lol. Katstribe,my hubby say`s what your hubby say`s,we just like to breed and f--K alot as we love each other to death and love our big family,sounds like your hubby would get along with my hubby like a house on fire. Cheers to all !.Happy parenting.

I get alot of crap about having 4 kids too...my SIL has just had her 2nd and my sister is pregnant with her 2nd and my dad made a comment to my hubby that he should "Go and get the snip before its too late!!" Little does he know we are going to be TTC for #5 in a month or so.
    The way I look at it is that we chose to have all of our kids...we look after our kids well and we wouldnt have it any other way. Why should it matter?? If I didnt look after them properly then yes/...people do have the right to say OMG but thats not the case so people should just butt out of our business!!

Hey ladies,

Just got back on and having a read of everyone elses posts lol. My df is going for the snip during the next school hols as he doesn't want any more children, he thinks 5 is enough (3 step and 2 bio) and we are planning a trip to England in the next 3 years so we have to be able to afford it arrggghhh.

I was looking at getting a commuter bus for my mob lol but have decided to get the pajero converted to lpg and just leave some of them at home when i do the shopping lol. If the back seats are folded up then i can put the pram in and also the groceries. It will become a problem if we decide to go on holidays and then I will have to buy a trailer to fit our luggage in.

Only 15 weeks and 2 days to go until number 5 is here. The countdown is on

Chat soon

Kim

christinajayne Guest

Smile New to the Group

Hi all i am new to the Forums. my name is Christina and am currently pregnant with Number 5 for us. We are only about 5 weeks along so i have a long while to go. My other children are Sophie age4, Faith 3, Elijah 2, and Lillianne 1. Baby will be due in April.

It is very interesting what some people say about the size of your family, my Husband mother really do not like the fact that we are having sooooo many children and we are not being good parents because the children have to share all their things and their time with us. I actually think the opposite that our children learn to be better adjusted because they have to share their things and they all have each other to love them as well as us.

Actually a friends of ours has a classic response to the question, do you have a tv? he said "no there's too much sex on it". I thought that was classic, maybe one day i will be game enough to us it.

Look forward to learning more about you and your families
    Christina

HI ladies, sorry I have been gone for so long I moved, & had to stay with my parents for a few months... nightmare.... anyways I am back & will catch up with you all soon!!

Kat I did get your sms, I did text back lol congrats again!!!

HI ladies, sorry I have been gone for so long I moved, & had to stay with my parents for a few months... nightmare.... anyways I am back & will catch up with you all soon!!

Kat I did get your sms, I did text back lol congrats again!!!

Tell ya something funny....my Dad (God bless him) thought we were having more children cos we couldn't afford the chop for my DH so he offered to book and pay for the op himself! This was when No5 was on the way - now he is resigned to the fact that I am nuts!
    Did I tell you girls that my latest babe was 3 weeks early and arrived on our wedding anniversary? Hopefully DH won't forget this birthday!

Hi all. I found out last week I'm having #6. It was a bit of a freak out, but hey, when you've got five, what's one more, right?

My kids are 18,17,10,8,4 and this one is due 23 April.

I love having a big family but it is hard work, and with both of us working full time demanding jobs, it can get a little stressful.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Congrats on number 6!! A nice even number.

Congratulations!!

I can totally relate though..i felt the same finding out we were pregnant with a very unplanned number 5. It doesnt take long though, to fall in love with the idea...Im sure you will be fine.

Jo

Hi ladies,

Back again. We seem to have dropped off again with posting lol.

I had a lovely weekend away with DF at a 5 star resort last weekend and even had a massage woo hoo. It was great until we had to pick all the kids up lol.

Am feeling very tired and crampy lately and can't wait until this little bundle arrives. I have had a feeling that it will be early too so have had my bag packed since 27 weeks to make sure. DF was 6 weeks early so that means I could have my little one in 5 weeks time yay (that freaked DF out though lol)

I go for my 2 hr GCT tomorrow morning and hoping that it comes back ok. Afterwards seeing the osteo as my back is killing me.

It looks like I have swallowed a bowling ball lol. My tummy is very big and round but not much change anywhere else (except bbs). I haven't put on any weight either so maybe I will lose heaps when this one comes (fingers crossed)

will check in again soon, take care everyone

Kim

To all those who are expecting or have 5 kids - a warning....you have offically lost it! 4 kids is still kinda normal but when you get to 5 it tips the scales of most peoples thinking. Even the hospital class you differently....a Grand Multi! Its amazing what that 5th child does, so to all those wonderful crazy people out there with 5 kids or more welcome to a life that is never ever lonely or boring! And think aren't our Christmas day backyard cricket matches better?

Quote Originally Posted by halltribe View Post
    To all those who are expecting or have 5 kids - a warning....you have offically lost it! 4 kids is still kinda normal but when you get to 5 it tips the scales of most peoples thinking. Even the hospital class you differently....a Grand Multi! Its amazing what that 5th child does, so to all those wonderful crazy people out there with 5 kids or more welcome to a life that is never ever lonely or boring! And think aren't our Christmas day backyard cricket matches better?
    You are so right! Four is sort of big but conceivable. Five is.... "Woah! Five? FIVE?" (Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure I counted right.)

I love that term, grand multipara. I wear it with pride!!!

Hi,

We have just had #4, and I am soooo clucky (if you can be about your own kids!!) that even though our ds is only 6 weeks old, when I look at him, or even see other babies, I immediately want another one! Am I crazy or what?

What is it with people and the TV comments? When a guy at work asked DP if that was it, he said (our usual response) "we'll see what happens", this guy tells DP he'll buy him a TV just so he'll keep his hands off me!!! LOL! Funny thing is, we have a TV in our bedroom! LOL!

I only had one sibling growing up (with a huge 6yr age gap) so I always wanted a "big" family, and close together too. I have been lucky I think, so far, but I would really like for us to have another girl - besides, my 2 eldest (a boy and a girl) are not DP's biological kids, so I'd love to be able to give him a biological daughter (obviously our 2 together so far are boys!)

He keeps swaying though as to whether we will or we won't have more ... am I being selfish wanting more when my youngest is still so young? I'm no spring chicken anymore (35 in a few months) and with twins on both sides of our families, the odds are going to increase of us conceiving twins ... (which I wouldn't mind!)

I can't believe four is considered a BIG family ... but when you try to find holiday packages, or even just accommodation, most places only cater for 2 adults and up to 3 kids How do the rest of you manage it?

Holidays - yeh save up. We took a holiday in March in the Sunshine Coast and stayed at a resort called Riverdance. They were great and we took Grandma with us as well and they did us a good deal. We were intially gonna stay at a camping ground thinking it was cheaper but because of fire regulation, blah blah they could only have so many bodies per tentsite/ cabin, etc and it was gonna split us all up and cost more than the resort!

Sometimes when we go places people must feel sorry for us and give us discounts on rides, etc! Whenever we go somewhere for the day though we always pak a lunch cos it costs a fortune to buy takeaways for a mob!

Out in the weekend with the family and some guy asked my DH if they were all his (meaning the kids of course) and he replied back quick as a wink - I'm still waiting on the bloodtests! Cheeky sod!

We spent the day with a friend of ours (who has 5 kids) the other week, and we decided to get a couple of bbq chooks and chips and some bread ... later on when we thought about it, it would actually have been cheaper to get 2 KFC family feast deals and we would have got more! LOL! Go figure!

Yeah, we are finding it a little more expensive to go places - we rarely eat out, and even with only 5 of us eating, 2 large pizzas don't do the trick anymore! I am slowly adjusting to making bigger meals, but it's amazing how far you can make food go with some imagination!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast