Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families - September~February '06

Michele- it is tough to get out with a newborn, hope you get a chance soon, plus it's not like you just have one newborn, you have the other kids too. Fingers crossed Ashleigh is out of plasters soon, and hope the reflux is sorted. You sound exhausted, I know I would be.

Nothing to report really, took the kids to the shops yesterday, got them all shoes, and Jordan some (not many) clothes. Also did the santa pic and Jemma was totally petrified, cried and held me so tight I thought she might bruise me LOL. We managed to get her on the arm of the chair with Jordan and Jessica bt her and Santa, and Josh on Santa's knee, but she is crying in the pic, I am happy with that though cos it was the way it was!LOL jess was gonna kiss him and then when shegot close screamed at the last min. It was funny. At least that's one less thing to do bf xmas.

I seem to just keep laybying LOL, mum couldn't believe I laybyed twice the other day.

Cheers michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Hi gang!

Well I see Tiff has had her babies, wow! Imagine having 2 sets of twins, what a legend.

Suzie yes it is hard having Angus & the twins so close together, but I have my DH Lindsay home with me all the time so it’s not so hard, and the older girls help with the babies too. Hmm, might look in to Chrisco for next year, but really it’s mostly meat and veg that we have to buy, & nice fruit, & whiskey for my Irish cream. I’ll have to have a look at what they’ve got.

Michelle I see you had fun at Ikea. Still haven’t started our shopping, but planning planning planning, lol. That’s great that Jordan makes her own lunch. Lola has only done it a couple of times. She’s pretty good with her room though, not like Ruth who requires constant reminders. Still deliberating about having more bubs I see, lol. I hear you with the money thing. I’ve got to find a way of putting it away for stuff that’s not monthly bills like car maintenance & Christmas & clothes for the kids. I’m thinking of getting someone to make a new password for my ING account and not tell me what it is, but I know my mum would cave too easily, lol.

Mitch & Dee, thanks for stopping in.

Jo, hi. I’m making the effort to try to catch up too, so will see you in the August babies thread. Bugger about the cold. Angus has a slightly runny nose again, but I think he’s fighting it off nicely.

Michelle C, how are you managing with the little aths and swimming and carols etc with little Ashleigh? There’s so much on this time of year. Still, when they’re that young they’re easier to take around with you because they sleep so much. Bugger about the reflux. My bubs are very chucky babies too; DH keeps fussing about it but I just tell him all the kids have been chucky, and just look how much still comes out the other end and how well they’re growing, so not to worry. I’m just used to having a permanently soggy left shoulder and lots and lots of laundry.

Well, I almost have the Christmas shopping list sorted & budgeted, but how are we going to actually go shopping, lol? Better get that organized. A few early naps for Angus so we can do it in stages while the big girls are still at school.

Big coffee table is covered in laundry, but most of it is folded.

Seems both Angus & the cats have learned to take advantage of me breastfeeding, especially when Lindsay isn’t around, and choose that time to get up to no good…grrrrr

Hey Yvette

Sounds good that thigns are planned, hope you get out soon, that is the hardest part. Like why i don't buy myself stuff, cos with 2 kids in tow I can't be bothered even looking LOL Mum is starting to freak cos she wants to know what to buy me. LOL at the naughty pets, just like kids hey?
    hope you have a great weekend
    Michelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

This past week has been a real hectic week. Monday we went to physio with Ashleigh to have her plaster change and I also had physio because at the moment my back is playing up. Tuesday I had the day at home, Wednesday it was the boys carols which was good except it was so hot and Ashleigh was cranky because the heat was getting to her. I think it was about 40 degrees that day. Thursday it was Melissa's and Jayden's Pre-school concert which was good except Jayden got stage fright and did not want to take part. Later that day the kids had little athletics and agaiin we had a late night. Friday I had to go and get laybys out and that took most of the day. I am real cheesed off with target, I layby this leap frog game for my daughter and when I went to pick it up the game was not there. I know the game was there when I layby it because I checked it and now we have to go to Erina which is half an hour away to pick up another game. I think someone took the game out of my layby and I am going to write and complain to the head office at Target and let them know that I am not happy. Well that is my vent for the day. Friday night I had time away from the kids while hubby looked after them and I went to the raffles and I won two hams for Christmas. I was so stoked.

Next week is going to be a lot quieter thank goodness. I have a paedaetrician visit with Ashleigh for her six week check up and then off the physio to have her plaster changed. Apart from that and shopping on Friday I have a quiet week, time to catch up with house work.

I hope everyone is fine and hope the shopping and wrapping up presents are going well. I have to get to wrapping up presents and finishing off christmas cards this week.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(5 weeks)

Phew Michele what a crazy hectic week! When you put it in writing I think you realise just exactly how much you do. How miuch longer for Ashleigh's plasters? The heat must annoy her esp with those on! Poor little treasure. When do your kids break up from school? Mine finsih on the 21st Dec. I am planning layby pickup's too next week, how terrible that they lost/had stolen? your game and how inconvenient for you. they shuold have organised to get another to the store for you rather than making you drive and get one. I think you def should complain. Hope this week is a little calmer for you
    Cheers michelle

Not much time for personals tonight as we have plans to go looking at xmas lights!
    Wow michele,you had a really busy week...i hope you got some more rest this week...
    Michelle we are planning layby pickups for Thursday this week...the kids break up from school on wednesday but i have organised them for day care so i can get the last things out of the way before they start hanging around all the time!
    Things have been fairly mad here as always...Jess had her meningicoccal needle this week and she was not impressed...Dominic is due for his next set just after xmas,and Emily has to have hers next week...
    So mummy is not a popular person! lol
    Hope everyone is well and that the heat is not getting to you all. it is pretty freezing here most of the time,and we have had so much bad weather and wind i am wondering what season it actually is!! lol
    Must go anyway before i write a book!
    Oh and i LOVE my chrisco! i am looking forward to it for next year now,i have ordered so much more foodstuffs than this year,and it will be great!
    Take care everyone!

HI SUsie good to hear you are a mean mummy just like me atm, I do hate taking them for needles but it must be done.

I got all the laybys except one which Arron has to get. I have brought for everyone but my dad!!! And I have no clue either. Oh and I have to spend $60 on myself as pressies from my aunties and nan too, won't that be something different.

i am home today and tonight alone with the kids cos Arron is out seeing a mate not sure whether I have to pick him up or not, but as it's raining I am not looking forward to that, plus I have to drag the kids 30 mins ea way to get him and Jess is normally in bed by 8.30pm so I may have to keep her up!! Bummer. I really should do some scrapbooking but I am uninspired, I should just get everything out and leave it on the table andsee what happens. We have a xmas do tomorrow for MIL's side so will be out!

Have a good weekend everyone
    Michelle

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

How is everyone going in this busy period. My kids do not break up until this Wednesday, they wanted to stay at home but I would not let them as they have enough holidays.

My 5 year old Melissa has the flu and we spent the night up with her as she was vomiting and coughing I hope it does not spread through out the house especially I hope Ashleigh does not get it. Not a good time to get sick.

We go and see the physio this week to see how she is progressing with her leg. Her paedaetrician says it can take up to 4 months before her leg could be back to normal, so I am hoping it does not take that long.

The kids are looking forward to the holidays and to christmas. I am sending two of my kids to Sydney to stay with there grandparents for five days at the beginning of January.

Regarding needles Ashleigh will be getting her 2 month needles on the 3rd of January. I can not believe how fast this time is going. She is 7 weeks old and it only seems like yesterday that she was born.

Well hoping everyone has a Merry Christmas and hoping it is not to hot on the day. I know that Christmas Eve is going to be a stinker on the central coast. It is going to be 37 degree plus.

Have to go now Ashleigh is crying for a feed.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(7weeks)

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Hope everyone had a good christmas. We had a very quiet Christmas at home, so the kids had the day to enjoy what they got for christmas. The kids were happy with what they got for christmas. We were all so tired from the heat that afternoon most of us had siestas.

We are having a quiet New Years Eve. We are staying at home and watching the fireworks on the telly. What are you doing for New Years Eve? Wishing you all a happy new year.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(8 weeks)

Hi ladies, may I please join in?

Name: Jess (bellasmum)
    State: Vic
    Children: Jack 9, Kate 6, Tim 4 nearly 5, Elizabeth 3 , Isabella 9 months and expecting baby number 6 in June(maybe?)
    Pets: Dog- Molly, Cats- Bubbles and Angel
    Interests: My children and I LOVE WORKING ON CARS

I haven't much planned for New Years..just sitting here on my laptop, checking out whos doing what and trying to stay cool.

*Yvette* Guest

Hi gang. Aren't there a lot of children underfoot this time of year, lol. Actually it's very quiet here this week as both the big girls are away staying with their dads for a bit. Lola comes back Wednesday & Ruth on 14th.

There still seem to be a lot of kids underfoot though, lol. There's one wriggling in my lap at the moment trying to make me clap my hands.

Michelle my mum always asks what I want for Christmas too, & what the kids want, & it's so hard to know what to suggest because you don't know if they'll actually get it if you're specific, so I tend to give more general suggestions like books & music. At least they don't create clutter in the house, & for me I always say wine & chocolate, he he. Mum gave us some money this year as well though, so we're plotting & scheming what best to spend it on. Probably something for the kitchen. The big girls have cash & vouchers to spend too, so I need to plan what to 'guide' them towards when we go shopping.

Michelle C, lol we could probably start a whole thread on Target dramas preceding Christmas. I really feel sorry for the staff there sometimes. Poor Jayden getting stage fright, hope he enjoyed the concert anyway.

Suzie hope you enjoyed the Christmas lights. DH refuses to go look at any since a couple of years ago we drove to the Ivanhoe one & there was such a queue in the car it wasn't worth it. The go seems to be to park somewhere & walk it at that one, but the parking looked a nightmare & my DH can't walk far. We're due to be a mean Mummy & Daddy soon too, must book those immunizations for the twins.

Welcome Jess! Working on any cars in particular atm? I like classic cars from 50s & 60s, & would love one as a hobby if I could afford it. My mechanical ability consists of changing tyres & checking fluids though, lol.

Plans for new year here are same as any other night, ie telly & feeding babies. I will have a bit of champagne though. It'll just be Lindsay, me and the 3 littlies at home.

We've got 42 forecast for today here, & all we have is fans. I'll be struggling to keep the bubs all well hydrated today & keep us all cool. Will pop Angus in a cool bath a couple of times through the day, & have set up a fan to blow on his cot.

Blergh! So much to do, but it aint gonna happen today.

Hi Yvette,

I would love to be working on a Dodge Charger, but unfortunately that aint going to happen anytime soon!
    So I'll keep working on my beautiful 1987 JE Camira.

I reckon its hotter than 42 here atm, I'm struggling to keep my fluids up but luckily Bella is still drinking.

I only have one Water Cooler atm..so that is going on very soon

*Yvette* Guest

Are you breastfeeding Bella Jess? If so how's that going with the pregnancy? I was still feeding Angus early in my last pregnancy, but let it go when we found we were expecting twins. He was about 8 or 9 months.

crockerclan Guest

Hi everyone,

Welcome Jess and congratulations on your pregnancy. I had my fifth child in November and planned to ttc in Feb 07 for Number 6.

The weather is also very hot in NSW as well. It is supposed to get to 37 degrees here today and over 40 degrees tomorrow. Ashleigh is a bit unsettled today because of the heat. I have washed the kitchen floor and want to vacumn and iron but I might just leave it until it cools down.

The kids are living on ice blocks at the moment. Anything to keep them cool. I think they are a bit bored because I won't let them go outside because of the heat.

My father-in-law is going to the Opera House tonight for New Years Eve. I am glad it is him and not me. I rather watch all the fireworks on telly then venture out in to the crowds of Sydney. I might have a glass of wine or two to celebrate if I make it midnight.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(8 weeks)

No, I found I couldn't B/F Bella after 3 months so we put her on Heinz Nurture as the Paed said that had the most iron in it. When she was born she couldn't be B/F from birth as she was under phototherapy lights and I think that contributed to the fact that it was hard for me to feed her.

tiggy Guest

Hi guys,

I know it has been a really long time. I just wanted to pop in and catch up on all the goss!

Hopefully, I'll get to come back online again sometime soon.

*Yvette* Guest

Have you just had a birthday Jess? Happy birthday if you have.

Hi Tiff, hope your little ones are being good to you.

Lots of clothes purging & sorting going on here atm, & it's time to get new school shoes.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

How is everyone, This week has been a quiet week in some respect and busy in another. My hubby and my 9 year old and 3 year old have been away this week. My two kids are in Sydney and my hubby went away to Temora with his cousin, so I have only my oldest son, my five year old daughter and my baby daughter to look after. I have been busy with appointments and having visitors this week as well. Ashleigh had her 2 month needles on Tuesday and she was a bit unsettled for the rest of the day so I kept up with the panadol for the rest of the day. The next day Ashleigh had physio on her neck and her foot. Her foot is still turned inwards but they left the plaster off and I have to keep stretching it to see if that will work. I have to take her back on the 1st of February. The reason that it is not closer is the physio is on holidays.

Next week I am going out to get the kids new school shoes. It will be my five year old's first school shoes because she starts this year. All I have to get apart from her school shoes is her lunch box and then she will be ready to go.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(9 weeks old)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast