Thread: Opinions please....

Default Opinions please....

We should really get this thread up and running again. Its great to have other mums with lots of kids to talk to.
    I am so glad the holidays are over. I know that sounds terrible, but I can get things done during the day when i only have 3 babies at home.
    Lol, I just realised how that must sound!!!!
    I am really thinking about putting my kids in some kind of daycare one day a week.
    I have 9,7and 5 yr old kids at school, but have a 4yr old autistic daughter and 3yr old and 2yr old boys at home (hope that made sense). And am 22 weeks pg. (yes thats 7)
    I have never put any in childcare except my first because of the horror stories that you hear. Ive started considering it now because I think it would be good for me to have a break 1 day a week (maybe, lol)
    Think I might give it a go. I can always change my mind and pull them out again, right???
    What do you guys think?????

I think you deserve to have a bit of 'Rayla' time, especially as #7 gets a little closer. And you are right, if you are not happy and the kids are not happy - then take them out. I also think they will benefit from having playtime with the other kids too and they will do stuff that you probably don't do at home (like painting lol). Good luck deciding

i think a one day a week break is a really great thing! I have had Dominic in daycare for one day a week since the beginning of the year,because i just found i needed my time to myself to get something done...
    I find it is good for Dom to network with the other kids there his age and he loves it heaps!
    But you definitely deserve a little time to yourself especially with #7 on the way....
    I agree that this thread is great! By the way i really envy you and your other half,i wish my DP would let me have 7 kids lol

Does having only three kids count? These days some people think three is heaps of kids. I once thought 5 would be nice, but I'll settle for 4 (have to get an extra chair for the dining table LOL)

Hi Rayla, I have two at school (9&7), one at kindy(3) 3 days per week and only one at home(1) fulltime and I'm 34 weeks pregnant with number 5. I work every second Wednesday morning at the Community Health Centre. Our day care centre in Town is open for four hours a day(9am-1pm) during school hours and I have Miss 1 booked in on Wednesday's. It's no problem to have her with me all the time and I can take her to work with me but I must admit it is lovely to have a morning to myself, even after I finish at the clinic I go and grab a drink and Morning tea at the shops and mag to read and just relax. I think it's important to be able to just sit and relax for a bit without the brood. lol. I think I would put her in for the day (School hours) if it was available. A recharge is always good, lol.

Hi Rayla
    I have 3 at school (9,7,5), the three yr old goes to kinder 2 days a week and I have my 1 yr old home with me! I am currently 33 weeks pg with no.6. We find that with Elizabeth at kinder for those two days a week, it gives the 1 yr old some time off being dragged around.
    Sometimes we all need a bit of me time.

Jess

Jack goes into care twice a week now, it gives me time to catch my breath, catch up on the housework and care for the babies in peace hehe. He has only been going since March and so far it has been really beneficial for him, it's run like a pre school, very structured which is exactly what he thrives on.