Thread: For those who have had 6 or more baby's.

mum5boys Guest

Default For those who have had 6 or more baby's.

Hi I am having number 6 and all my other children were born natural,no problems, have had very uncomplicated pregnancies and births, have been quick and I have always been classified as low risk.
    Now because I am having number 6, I am apparently classified as being high risk and can't go through the birth centre .
    I was told that there is a high chance of me haemorraging after the baby is born and precautions need to be taken.
    I was quite surprised at this and now I am a little scared:eek: as well.
    Has this happened to any one else and what was the outcome in the end?

Thanks
    Michelle

I was a bit shocked when they told me that, too. Apparently we are called 'grand multis' after the 5th pg. All it means is that they will give you an injection after the baby is born to make your uterus contract to reduce the chance of postpartum bleeding. Theres nothing to be worried about. They told me 5 or more pg's. I just had no. 7. Everything was normal.

Good luck, hun - you'll be fine.

tiggy Guest

Yep,
    we are known as grand multis and it puts us in the high risk category, just as Nat said.
    Because we have had alot of babies, we are at risk of bleeding because our uterus may not contract as well as a primip or a multi 2, or even 3.
    Also, as Nat said, it is a label, so that the doctors and midwives know to have a bag of syntocinon ready. You can still have a great birth.

Hi girls,
    I have now had (including this one) 5 long term pregnancies (and one 6 week mc).
    I noticed too htat when i booked in, they used that term to describe me. however, I am having a caesarean, and as it is my 4th, they said they had to be very cautious doing it.
    Kinda makes you feel old being referrred to as "grand" though doesnt it,,,,kinda like a "grand" mother type of thing hehe

My SIL says it like a title, lol...

And here is Grand Multi Natalie.

Lol Natalie
    We just found out on friday, that this is going to be another little boy,,,so that makes 4 boys!!! :eek:

Congratulations Lil Aussie on you little boy!!! Bet his big brothers are going to love him!

Nat I think its a great title! LOL

Jo

Congratulations Lil Aussie! I have 5 boys and they are wonderful.

mum5boys Guest

Lil Aussie, Congratulations, I have 5 boys and they are fantastic.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

I am thinking of TTC No. 6 next March, I have had five natural births, three of the them being induced due to babies being posterior, I am wondering if you are saying that I would be a high risk, if I would be safer having a C/Section rather than going naturally again. I was considering have a c/section anyway because I have problems with a prolapse.

I have to go and see my gyno/obs again in March I might just have to ask him about this.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher(12), Luke(10), Melissa(6), Jayden(4) and Ashleigh(1 next week)