thread: Kid's party invites.

Jun 2007
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.

Kid's party invites.

How many weeks before the party do you send out invites?
    what timeframe should you give for RSVPing?
    if your child was invited to another child's party but was unable to attend, do you have to invite that child to your party?
    thank you

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

How many weeks before the party do you send out invites? Personally ATLEAST 3weeks, with the girls parties i tend to try for atleast a month as most of our family have to travel.
    what timeframe should you give for RSVPing? where possible i like to give myself a week to get food, drinks etc in order so minimum 3 days before the party so normally invites say 3wks before (or longer), RSVP's due a week before.
    if your child was invited to another child's party but was unable to attend, do you have to invite that child to your party? If they play togethheand get aloonthen YES i would invite them, if it is a matter of numbers and you can spare a spot.. go ahead, IF it's tight (ie too many people) and they don't really play together or a't really 'friends' then no harm in not inviting them.

Dec 2010
    The zoo

I sent the invites out about 1 month before, and had RSVP about ten days before the party.

Re the inviting the child - I guess it depends. Will they know about the party? Will feelings get hurt? Is there any particular reason not to invite? I don't think you necessarily have to invite them - that child may have had a bigger party and invited a broader circle of friends which included your child. But if they will definitely find out and it would cause tension if they do, and you are able to accommodate them, then it may be easier for you to do so

Oct 2006
    Melbourne

We gave out DD's birthday invites 2.5 weeks before the party and asked for RSVP's one week before.

I don't think you have to invite the child but unless you are tight on numbers or your child doesn't play with him/her then I probably would invite them. I would invite them if I thought they may feel 'left out'.

Feb 2010
    on a big patch of paradise.

For birthday parties I do 4 weeks before to send invites, 1 week before to RSVP.
    I invite who I want and I know my DD's would want, not who has invited us to something of theirs previously.

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

I try for 3-4 weeks before the party if I know that there are other things on locally that may clash. And I also think that other parents might be like me and hate getting an invite a week or a week days before the party - trust me it happens! DD1 got a party invite once only 4 days before the party! And of course you can't say no they can't go because they are so excited to get an invite. My rule of thumb when they are little like that is only their classmates. Unless you are particularly involved with this other child, then I wouldn't worry about inviting them too much if you didn't have to.

Jun 2007
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.

thanks for the advice
    no he doesn't play with this child or talk about him at all. i don't think he will feel left out as there are other boys from kinder i'm not inviting.

Jan 2006
    by the beach,NSW

Oh, you're organised Ginger. Must start thinking about party......