Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

nice ink btw!

slyder Guest

Oooh, so many great responses. More from me on this tomorrow. I've spent waaay too much time online tonight.

Wow Sushee... What an impressive collection of tattoos you have...

I only have 3....

A black dragon on my lower back.. because I like gragons...

A celtic circle with my the celtic sign for Scorpio in side it...

And my latest on an angle on my left forearm which is a red heart in the centre with black design either side... juse because i liked it...

Will look at getting my childrens names incorperated into it once we have finished making babies LOL...

I know my 3rd will have to incorporate a bit of the heritage my parents gave me - which is why the design is hard!
    On Dad's side: Polish, German, Russian, Mongolian
    On Mum's side: Polish, German, Zulu and a bit of Spanish

I have just the one tatt - its on my left ankle.

It's a very flirty fairy - she's black, with pink/purple wings and holding a scarf behind her. To me it means that there's always hope - I got it put on after I came out of a particularly nasty bout of depression, I'd moved interstate and was feeling very down and homesick.

My DF hates it, but *shrugs* it's me. He doesn't understand that if I didn't have the tatt, or the piercing, then he wouldn't have me around ...

My piercing is just a nose stud, I got it done after my ex was found to be cheating on me, and to me it means that I will survive! My ex always wanted his nose pierced, but whenever he tried it would fester up horrid. Mine was perfect, tiny and many people don't notice it.

The only thing I wish I knew when I got my tatt was the artistry behind it - instead of saying "i want this" getting the artist to design something personal along the theme.

My tattoo is paw print, on the outside of my right ankle. Our kitten (well, she would have been 3) Freya was hit by a car. She was our baby, thought she was people. I was devestated and to always have her with me is the paw print. The pic is in my gallery. Our other cat Copper passed on this year, a week off being a year since Freya. I was pg at the time, and I'm bf so I'll have to wait to get his tattoo. I think I'd like Jensens name somewhere too.

My dh has the same paw print, but on his right shoulder blade. He also has an ankh (sp?) on his upper right arm, over his homejob tattoo!

slyder Guest

Great stories. Thanks everyone. I think I find the meaning behind the tattoo almost more interesting than the tattoo itself!

Ohhh this is so interesting! I'm thinking about getting a tattoo...got heaps of time to decide though, since I need to have this baby first!

slyder Guest

I really like that, Dan. Nice colouring and symmetry.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I just read this thread and when I said:

And I still hold to there being no more tattoos for me.
    I meant it at the time...

But I think I'm getting one more. A string of 13 hearts down my spine to commemorate the 13 embryos angels I had transferred but didn't stay with me.

slyder Guest

I said it to you at the time, and I'll say it again now, I think that is a fantastic idea. Just wish I'd thought of it myself

that sounds gorgeous sushee!

actually you're probably the ideal person to ask - looks like i'll be starting meds for FET sometime around our wedding anniversary - DH and I are thinking of getting more ink for the anniv - is there going to be any issue with tattoo followed closely by FET (or maybe even being on the meds at same time??)

have been looking online and can't find anything, so was going to start another thread anyway!

The main thing you have to worry about BG is that they may make you do your screening tests again (the ones for HIV, Hep etc) though my clinic didn't ask me to. It won't affect your meds or anything, unless you're taking aspirin as it can cause you to bleed more. Cool anniv idea too!

Slyder, Karl still think 13 diamonds, but I'm definitely leaning towards the tatt. And there's nothing to stop you from doing something like that too at some stage!

Thats so nice Sushee! I'm pretty sure Victoria Beckham has a star for each of her children tatooed onto her back. Such a nice idea. I'd like to think I'd be brave enough to get something for my DP and Madeline, but i'm too much of a wuss.

you could always incorporate both sushee - rather than flat hearts, you could get them with the three dimensional (sorta balloonish) effect with the diamond on them to look like light is reflecting off them

that's a really bad explanation, but hopefully you can see what i mean..

i'm trying to work out a way to incorporate a shooting start sort of thing on my shoulder blade with the other tattoo for our angel babies - to represent the one we lost last year (have a gothic moon and heart to represent our first two angel babies. just not sure how to do it the way i want it... kinda sucks when you can see a picture in your head but not know how to get it onto paper!

i doubt the clinic will get us to redo screening tests - there has been no mention of it so far... and no aspirin here! might just have to see what i can organise...

i ahve intertwined roses on my shoulderblade that i got when we'd been married six months (dh and i gave each other roses as part of wedding ceremony) - DH wants the same on his chest over his heart for our anniversary.

ETA - Hayley, it's not as scary as some people make it out to be - i thought i'd get one and that would be it - this will be number 5!

BG, no no DH wanted to buy me a diamond ring with 13 diamonds so I wouldn't get another tatt! Lol!

Oh dear Posh Spice already took that idea? I may have to reconsider....

maybe you should be cheeky and get both!!

i think ink is more permanent - your hands could swell and you take the ring off - the tattoo will be with you always...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast