Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you rather live....?

No 2. In a very basic, almost dodgy house in a blue chip suburb.

(I missed the controversial post whatever that was... just back from the BB Birth Screening!)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, seems I'm not as crazy as I was thinking today as I looked at my ugly bathroom in desperation LOL

ohh- how was it bath? sorry off topic!!

It was great Star No doubt there will be a debrief thread starting up soon.... or maybe they will continue in the original Screening thread. I really needed something like that movie to put a few things into perspective today.... like my dodgy bathroom!

loo over flow???

PML nah, just tiles that won't clean 'cos they are too old. Nothing dire

Ahhh- i see- i suppose back to the thread....

I moved from our shack (practically no bathroom!!) into a small tiny house in the burbs with neighbours far too close (one extream to another!!!) But i had a flushing toilet and light switches!!!

To finally move into the best of both worlds... a huge modern gorgeous house- with a bathroom to die for- on slight acreage (not quite the isolation of the hill- but i cant see my neighbours anymore!!!)

Where i can have my animals (all 27 of them) and my DH can play his music as loud as he wants!!

Perfection!!

I had this choice irl too - small do-upy maisonette in a nice village for me! I could havea big house in a scary neighbourhood, but I want friends I'm not scared of and a good school for DS. Here, we lived in the dodgy area for a bit and no-one said hello back to me, now cars stop so we can cross the road and everyone is friendly, so I am happy with my choice. We also have great local grocers and butchers here, not just supermarkets, so food is cheaper too.

it's a hard one I think it also depends on what you call a dodgy suburb too, cos I'd have never though of Glebe as a dodgy suburb and its one of the only ones I like in Sydney (sorry Sydneysiders )
    but probably the second option.

Wink

would rather live in a nice house in a nice town, and not have a massive mortgage.... hehehe im a city girl that has recently gone country and haven't looked back

ps no traffic either

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123