Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Follie ... again !!

hi my fs gave me a script and i got it at a compounding chemist. If you google them you should find some in your area.
    Good luck

embie survived the transfer process ... yay !!! grew to 4 cells by the time of transfer. is hopefully now doing its job multiplying and will stick. the 2ww has begun. hopefully this month will bring a BFP. how stressful and exciting at the same time !!

Sending you all the growing vibes Lulu and i hope this month will bring you a BFP!

Oh Lulu! Good luck sweet!!! Finger's crossed that this little embie is strong little fighter and you'll get your much wanted BFP

Went in 1 day early for my blood test as I was starting to suspect AF was coming and sure enough result came back as negative Am now looking down the barrel of another stim cycle ... worst part about it is my FS wants me to do the same thing as the last 2 ... which means I'll probably only get 1 follie again (if i'm lucky). My FS does not think I will have much success due to my age and poor egg quality and I guess they figure I'm lucky to even be getting 1 follie. I asked whether I would be able to try DHEA and my FS flatly refused to even consider it. So now I'm stuck. Do I blindly go ahead and try another cycle - and be happy with 1 follie? Or do I get the hell out of there and try another FS who is more open minded to trying alternative approaches? And if so, who in Melbourne?

Blossom can I ask who is your FS as they sound willing to try supporting patients on DHEA?

Thanks for all the support girls - I know you can all sympathise with me and the horrible roller coaster road ivf can be.

Hi Lulu, so sorry to hear that your blood test was negative I'm not sure where in Melbourne you are, but I was seeing Dr Weston in Sunshine (he also work in Clayton and somewhere else I think) and he was wonderful. He's with Monash IVF. I also originally saw Dr Toledo with Melbourne IVF (at Freemason's in East Melbourne) and she was great too. The only reason we swapped to Monash was because we didn't feel confident with the particular geneticist we saw at Melbourne IVF.

Do you mind if I ask you what meds you were taking for your cycles?

Hi Mylitta,
    Not at all ...

Cycle 1 : 200 Puregon daily for 10 days, Orgalutran (2 times), Ovidrel as the trigger, Crinone cream as luetal support for 14 days following transfer
    Result : 1 Follice (18mm), didn't make it to transfer

Cycle 2 : 200 Puregon daily for 13 days, Orgalutran (8 times), Ovidrel, Crinone for 14 days
    Result : 1 Follicle (17mm), transfered at day 3 (divided into 4 cells), did not stick

Cycle 3 : Which I'm supposed to start in 2 days time ... 200 Puregon daily ... and then wait and see what the scan will reveal ....

hi lulu sorry to hear about your bfn!
    My FS is Dr DeAmbrosis from QFG in Brisbane.. I travel to see him from sydney.
    I have just had egg collection and i had 12 eggs. My last cycle i only had 5.
    Out of the 12 only 5 have fertilised last time only 2 fertilised.
    I have ET tomorrow so fingers crossed.
    Good luck and personally i would change clinics as time is of the essense and all FS have their own way, i find my FS now fantastic and i know that he is trying everything he can for us to fall pg.
    We have been to 4 clinics in total, havent done cycles with each, and they are all so different and if we had stuck with the first lcinic we would have given up years ago.
    Good luck with your decision.

That is a fantastic result blossom73 !!!! That's more than doubled All the very best with your transfer tomorrow and I hope the next 2 weeks go quickly and stress-free for you and most importantly you get a BFP !!!!!!! Sounds like you have some great eggs there ready to turn into healthy little bubs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12