Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone been treated with clexane and/ or prednisolone for IVF

Ellie - so good to see you back - i missed you - dial up hey, sorry!

Emailed Dr S yesterday and my own FS, seems like my clinic here doesn't want to take responsibility for my cycle but wants the payment.

will keep you all posted

PP - i don't think it's a case of the local clinic wanting money but not taking responsibility for your cycle. they're not suggesting the use of the prednisone or clexhane so they can't really be responsible for telling you how to take it - that has to fall back on the doctor that has prescribed them. the local clinic can only do "their part" of the process - monitoring O for natural FET, and then arranging transfer - the additional medication has been recommended by Dr S so only he can say when to start it etc (and no, i'm not defending the clinic just because i see the same FS - would say the same to anyone!!)

re the treatment - i would contact dr s by phone if you're not getting an answer to your emails - i believe you've had AF visit and you're now looking to do a natural FET - the last thing you want to do is wait on the email and find that you've started the prednisone too late to be helpful this cycle....

good luck hun - and don't forget to call mac re the metformin XR script today!

BG

Thanks BG

I have received an email from both clinics and it is my FS in Melbourne that had prescribed the treatment so i am no longer needing to consult with DrS. i guess i just go along and don't change anything until someone tell me to.

i guess in that case, just run with it - just take what you're told - and don't stop them until you're advised by the clinic to do so. and as BW said - don't stop them suddenly - if you decide to take a break from ttc to accommodate your studies, make sure to wean yourself off the prednisone...

good luck

PP - only just spotted this post, but have a very close friend who followed this protocol with Dr S - she's now about 20 weeks prg

If there's anything you'd like me to ask her, let me know. I know she was weaned off the prednisone, I can't remember what stage it was but I think about 12 weeks-ish, but she was on a whopping dose, I know that much.
    Last edited by Willow; February 19th, 2008 at 07:51 PM.

Ok one more question (BW if your looking!)

I am not taking the pred 20mg - i think you said that it is best to take it at night - so i will see how i go with this.

The q i have is how can i take the metformin with it - can i take them during the same meal? i have just picked up a script for the XR metformin which i will start by taking one tomorrow night.

Thanks again ladies for all your support

Forgot to add GP advised me to reduce my dose every three days if no BFP. but if BFP then i am to start to reduce the dose by 5mg every two weeks
    Last edited by Loula; February 19th, 2008 at 06:59 PM.

Are they having you reduce the prednisone before 12 weeks, PP?

I take my metformin and prednisone at the same time. I have so many tablets to take that I simply can't not take a heap of them together at times. I don't think it's going to be a huge issue if you have XR metformin, but probably best to ask a pharmacist if you are really worried.

BW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12