Thread: anyone remain pg even if hcg not increased?

Default anyone remain pg even if hcg not increased?

Dear all,

I am new to this forum so sorry if I am not posting this thread in the right place. I have been anxious and completely heart broken and then hopeful and then heart broken again in the past week. This is now my 4th IVF (2nd stimulated cycle). My first 2 were negative and my 3rd was cancelled because the embie did not survived. This time around I started to bleed on day 13 (after egg collection). I was convinced it was unsuccessful but when I went for a blood test my hcg was 105 (day 16 post egg collection). I continued to bleed on and off. Today (4 days after the 1st postive blood test) I requested another blood test because I had very small clot in the morning. The level came back 112. The nurse said it's a very bad sign, m/c for sure. But funny enough I have stopped bleeding since the clot passed. What does this mean? Has anyone ever experience something similar but continue to a viable pregnancy? I have little hope and had cried most of the day but can't help from holding onto some hope.

Kahlan

Kahlan

I'm really sorry you are going through this. The rollercoaster can be terrible. Hcg levels are meant to double every 2-3 days so I have to admit it doesn't look great but there is so much we don;t understand still about pregnancy....

I just wanted to send you lots of hugs and comfort

Sasha

How many embryos were implanted and how many days post implantation were you?? If you had 2 implanted (or there is a risk of twins in your family) you may have miscarried one and still be growing the other. HCG levels should double every 2-3 days so it isn't a good sign to have such a small rise, however the twin pregnancy aspect could be a possibility too. I wish you luck

paradise lost Guest

I'm sorry you're going through this.

It's so hard to know in the early stages, what's going on. The numbers don't look good it's true, but as Michelle says if you had 2 embies put back or if the one you had put back had split into two then your numbers could reflect a twin pregnancy with one twin lost. I'm sorry to write it, but it's also possible that the clot could have been your baby. When are you next being tested?

Many and strength for you during this awful waiting time.

Bx

Quote Originally Posted by hoobley View Post
    I'm sorry you're going through this.

It's so hard to know in the early stages, what's going on. The numbers don't look good it's true, but as Michelle says if you had 2 embies put back or if the one you had put back had split into two then your numbers could reflect a twin pregnancy with one twin lost. I'm sorry to write it, but it's also possible that the clot could have been your baby. When are you next being tested?

Many and strength for you during this awful waiting time.

Bx
    Thank you Sasha, Michelle and BX for your kind words and encouragement.

I only had 1 day 5 embie transfered so the chance is very slim. It is 2 weeks since my transfer.. but twins do run in my family (my maternal grandma had twins).. that is one of the reasons why the doctor recommended single transfer only.

My hubbie said the same thing about perhaps the embie split and became 2 and that one of them didnot survive. I don't know.. there is one thing I am afraid to think about ... I am afraid of ectopic pg. Anyway, I have another week to wait until my next blood test... unless I start to bleed in excess or feel pain which at the moment is zero.

Kahlan

Well for those who are interested, I did m/c so it is back to the drawing board. Good thing is my levels are back to normal (had BT today) and my AF have started so I can startplanning for a FET in August.

i am so so so sorry Kahlan

big warm and just know that we are always here for you if you need to talk?

take care hun

So sorry to hear that Kahlan......absolute best of luck and all baby dust to you for August

thanks girls! with 5 blasts stored away, I hope that at least one of them will stick and stay this time around.