Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bio chemical pregnancy

Krusty Guest

Unhappy Bio chemical pregnancy

Hi Ladies

I was wondering if any of you ladies had any ideas for me.

I was told today that I have had another bio chemical pregnancy through IVF and this is about my 4 or 5 one and Im starting to get sick of it, I feel like Im killing my babies I keep getting an embroy put in knowing that the chances of it sticking are very high but the chances of me being able to give it enought hcg is very low.

Has any one else had this happen and if so was there something you did to help you to raise your levels. My hcg levels today were 9 and I have been on vagiferm 2 tables a day and pressies 2 a day. I don't want to get another one put back until we know we are doing everything to help with the levels.

Kris- I am so sorry honey. Please know it is not your fault. I do think you need to have a chat with your FS. Just so you know you have covered all your bases. Then you will know for sure. There is so many different things you can do, so ask you FS of other options.
    What is vagiferm? I have never heard of it.
    This whole IVF ride can really suck cant it. Please dont loose faith. Your turn for thoose fantastic HCG levels is just around the corner.
    Many Hugs to you!
    XXXXXXXX

Krusty Guest

Daisy

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to give my FS a ring and see what he has to say hopefully he will have something that we can try next time but I think I might have a couple of months of before I go back as we have been doing IVF every second month for 2 years and I think I need some time to get my head together.

Vagiferm is a sort of HRT it just gives you a thicker lining.

Kristy - hugs for you. IVF is such a difficult journey. The HCG is not something you create as such (not like progesterone say). It is the hormone released when the embryo implants into the endometrial lining. You are not doing anything wrong and to my knowledge (I could be wrong though) there is nothing you can do to increase the HCG. Talk to your FS and see if they can give you any answers (or at least clarify what the chemical pregnancy means). Take care of yourself.

Krusty,

I've had 8 attempts and the only time anything happened was a biochem pregnancy. I'm sure I can't console you because in the end you haven't got what you aimed for but I took comfort in the fact that at least SOMETHING happened. It kind of gave me hope after all the zero results. Good luck!

suzy Guest

Hi Kris,

Michelle is right, hcg is a hormone made by the pregnancy once it implants. Biochemical pregnancies are just early miscarriages, the pregnancy fails for some reason after implantation. I would get your doctor to do a series of blood tests, testing for reasons why it might be happening (like clotting disorders, coeliac diseas and there are a few others). Some of these conditions can be treated by medications during your IVF and early pregnany, such as baby aspirin tablets or other medications which improve your chances of the baby growing and not miscarrying. I'm 40 and have had 3 biochemicals and am having the tests done on Monday.
    Good luck,

Suzy

belmarks Guest

Krusty - which clinic are you with SIVF or Hunter IVF? I went with Hunter IVF and depending on your initial diagnosis, you could try metformin?

Krusty Guest

Michelle & Bee

Thank you for your replies, I just think that it is just a bad phase it sounds so cold and heartless 'biochemical pregnancy' it sounds like it wrong.

Suzy

I have had all the blood test done for clotting disorders and that but they can not find anything so they can not really tell me why it keeps happening.

Belmarks

Thanks for you reply.

I'm with Hunter IVF my DR is Dr Hedges, I have been taking metformin for about 3 years now and it does not seem to do anything for me, I take 3 tablets a day.

belmarks Guest

Kristy, Dr Hedges is my dr too, he's really good, but I know that when I was going through IVF with biochemicals all the time, I got really frustrated with him, but I had to step back from it all and realise that he knew what he was doing and that he was the expert so I just listened to what he had to say and followed it. Have you spoken to Marlene? She might be able to shed some light on it or at least give you some support/statistics to work with - shes the counsellor up there...

I guess its all out of their hands IYKWIM - they can only give you the best service/support and after that its up to fate I guess...

Are you a PCOS patient?

Hi!
    I am also a patient of Dr Hedges and have had one, my first, bio chemical pregnancy. Like you I have had heaps of blood tests to check different things but all came back with nothing wrong (and they were VERY expensive!! ). I am now waiting to do a FET but don't want to go ahead until we can work out why the embryos are not sticking...getting the feeling though that I may not get a reason as quickly as I want. It's a really frustrating process to be going through. I am not on any medication yet. What do the ones do that you are on?

belmarks Guest

I have no answers for you, but as you know when you go through the initial IVF information session, it takes heaps of things before an embryo becomes a viable pregnancy. Temperature, hormones, thickness of lining, optimal embryo etc etc of course they check some of these things, but there is always the unknown, like the cell division of the embryo, whether it will keep going or whether it will implant, it has its own life force I guess you could say, and beyond what they can detect such as fertilisation and division to a certain point, they cannot detect anything further, there is always an unknown. I know its frustrating, but my best advice is to be patient and remember that they are doing everything they can to achieve a pregnancy/live birth for you.

It took us a very long time to conceive our son, so I know exactly what you are going through and how very frustrating it is, because once they put back your embryo, you are technically pregnant, but then to be told in two weeks that you aren't, is just a massive blow. Its just so hard to comprehend why it wouldn't have turned into a pregnancy.

Can I make a suggestion? I have heard that in some clinics they are actually recommending that patients go to see an acupuncturist whilst they are undergoing treatment. The acupuncturist provides treatment with both acupuncture and herbs/vitamins which is a whole body process. Im not saying its guaranteed, but if it is going to produce optimal conditions for achieving a pregnancy, then I reckon give it a go. I am going to see one ATM and already she has given me back my "cycle". Put it this way - it can't hurt...

Krusty Guest

Belinda

I have though of going and seeing Marlenebut I had this thought that I have not been doing IVF long enough to see her silly I know but I think I might have to take that step and go and see her.

I am having a break at the moment from IVF after 3 years of doing it every second month, I am on the weight loss path at the moment to see if that will make a difference and I will be going to an acupunturist soon to see if they can help before I start baack on IVF.

Thanks for your reply you have been so helpful.

Ali

Good luck with your next FET and hang in there we will both make it though this.

Hi Krusty
    Goodluck with everything while you take a break IVF is just so consuming in every way of your life..enjoy the break. Fingers crossed for you!

belmarks Guest

Kristy, I hope that I have helped, if you ever want to chat you can PM me if you like, sometimes its good to hear other people's experiences. Have a nice break from it and see what happens then....

Krusty Guest

Thanks Guys

Belinda you are right hearing others experiences are good it helps you understand where you are at.

belmarks Guest

Krusty, how are you going honey?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    I have though of going and seeing Marlenebut I had this thought that I have not been doing IVF long enough to see her silly I know but I think I might have to take that step and go and see her.
    TWO YEARS on IVF Kristy is long enough and so are 5 biochemical pregnancies! Make an appointment with your FS and ask for a review. Go and make your concerns known and ask what they can do and are going to do about what is happening!

Krusty Guest

Belinda

I am good at the moment as I have been on my first IVF break but we are about to go back so things are about to get rough again.

How are u going.

Kar

My FS gets sick of seeing me I'm always there or ringing him asking questions and trying to get answers out of him but I have a problem with thinking that I don't deserve to see the in house counsoulor as I feel I have not been doing IVF for long enough I know that it is silly to think like that and some times I wish I could just take that step and ring her but I never do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast