Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blastocyst & Implantation

Default Blastocyst & Implantation

Hi Girls

I had one blastocyst transferred yesterday and wanted to know how long does it take for a blastocyst to hatch and implant after ET. I am assuming it would be different to a day 3transfer

Thanks

Jade

Jade
    A blastocyst is generally a 5-day old embryo and implantation happens between day 7 and 10 generally speaking.

Sorry I don't know when they hatch.

Good luck.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hatching tends to happen between day 5 and 7.

Good luck Jade!

I'd Agree with the other girls...Good luck

Thanks girls for your replies.

My nurse just called me before to advise that we have 4 blastocysts to freeze YAY!!!!!!

Jade

Good luck i hope you get a BFP from your little blastie. I was told the same also about 5-7 to hatch and then a few more to implant.

Jade
    well done on four blasts! Fingerscrossed.

Default help

Hi I was wondering if some one could tell me how long a frozen embryo day 3 / 6 cell takes to implant itself after and transfer??? Had it done last tuesday and was wondering if it had taken would it be done now. Also would a home pregnancy test show it up now?????

Missy

Missy
    It is probably a bit too early to test although some women do get BFPs as early as d10. Most don't though and you will more than likely get a negative and if you are anything like me, that will mess with your head. I can understand your burning desire to POAS tho. It is so hard waiting.

Implantation still happens between day 7 and 10 so your implantation window was probably between last thursday and tuesday (today).

I didn't get a BFP til d16 and had BFNs on d13 and 14.

Are you on a natural FET cycle?

Best of luck Missy. Fingerscrossed for you,

Hi there

Thanks so much for the info and yes its a natural c. I hate this waiting so much. I did end up doing a pg test and it came back neg(((bugger)))) and yes stuffed me big time. I though being natural it might have showen up but maybe im to early or not pg. God I hope its cause im go early...

Missy

missy,
    I know exactly where you are coming from. The urge to test is so huge but then the finding a negative is worse - I instantly want to have not POAS when I get a BFN. In the end my DH banned HPTs from the house because I would give in and use them and then get all messed up. It made me wait for the blood tests at my clinic instead. It was the only way I could even vaguely cope. But there is no denying that you go from desperately wanting to know to desperately wishing you had put it off when you test negative.

Are you having a blood test? And if so when will you get the results? I hope it isn't too far away and that you get a BFP!

Hi there

Im having a blood test done on the 18th and should get the results in the afternoon. Im hopeing it comes back ++++ as my first time did and I have a baby boy 7 months. I guess cause it happen the first time im wanting it to again... Wow this is horrible having to wait....have you got kids???

Missy

what is happening with you and IVF

Goodluck Missy, hope the 18th comes around fast for you.
    I'm pregnant with my first child now, and we were on IVF when we concieved naturally. It is a bit of a miracle. I have wanted children badly for about 13 years now. So finally we have our dream come true.

Awwww im so happy for you.

Yes come on the 18th.... Just concerned as when i fell pg through IVF with my son, I got sick and just knew I was pg. Feel nothing now and feel that im not. Just hope I am.

Good luck for your pg and thanks for the advice.

Missy

dolphin22 Guest

Hi Missy,

Dont stress about the HPT being a negative. My last cycle was natural and on day 12 i got a faint positive but a few days before that it came up negative i was abit down but thought i would give it another shot and if its a neg then i will try and get over it but it wasnt,but unfortunatley the preg didnt last. I hope it was just a tad too early to test and that you get a BFP.

All the best with it and my fingers are crossed that all goes well for you.

Love Cindy

woke up this morning and notice ive started browny spotting...hope the embie is just settleing and its not AF coming.....

Missy
    Dont want to get your hopes up too high, but i've heard brown spotting is a good sign of implantation!!!!!! Fingers crossed for your BFP!!

Jade, Hows it all going? Hope ur well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast