Thread: Crinone

annie39 Guest

Question Crinone

Hi,
    I've just done my first down reg cycle and had 2 embies transferred back and am now a day off testing. As I haven't got a period yet (very unusual), I am feeling optimistic but have a question lingering in my head. Does taking Crinone post EPU stop/delay your period anyway or could it be that ...? (Obviously I am trying to 'manage' my expectations?)
    Regards,
    Annie

From what I understand no it doesn't. This could be a great sign :goodluck2:

Annie not when I have been on it my period arrived straight away

I also had no problems with Crinone delaying AF.. hope there is good news for you at your blood test!

annie39 Guest

Smile

Thank you very much for your replies - that is encouraging!

not wanting to be the one to put a dampener on anything annie, but crinone is a form of progesterone support - AF arrives when progesterone drops at the end of the luteal phase, so crinone CAN delay her arrival. the one and only time i used crinone, AF arrived early, and from what the other ladies here are saying, i would say more often than not she does arrive irrespective of the crinone, but i just wanted to jump in and say that any progesterone supplement in the luteal phase can delay the arrival of AF

hoping that isn't the case with you!! good luck tomorrow

BG

I was put on crinone to boost my progesterone levels right after EPU, after the down reg cycle. The nurses told me that I would remain on it until my progesterone levels natrually came back. This could be anywhere up to 12 weeks when the placenta takes over the job.

From my limited understanding progesterone is what supports the pregnancy, which is why we get put on crinone.

my transfer was the 30 May - first few days 1 crinone then 2 crinone until yesterday (5 weeks) when they told me I could go down to 1 again until whenever.

Be aware of the side effects - I had cramping, which I thought meant AF was coming any second - it was just a side effect of the crinone and it has eased off a bit (thank goodness).

Good luck

Annie how did you gO?????