Thread: Dr. Kasan, Brisbane - do you know him?

Default Dr. Kasan, Brisbane - do you know him?

Hello,
    been lurking around, reading, absorbing, and sharing in all the stories shared on this site.

Long story short, v.v. early days, hubby has had one sperm analysis, and it's low 8million per ml 3.5 healthy. I'm ok.

Had an appointment booked with Dr. Kasan at Redcliffe, N. Brisbane.....believe it or not..having hung out for over 2 weeks to get some explanation and options for us....my hubby had to go overseas for his grandad's funeral, and I got caught up with my girlfriend taking her to doctor (she's suffering from inter-uterine wall fibroids and endimetriosis) and looking after her on the day...and I lost the ability to read the time!!! Yes I missed the appointment - I thought I was 15 minutes early...turns out I was late, and doc had gone home!

Dr. Kasan works at the private hospital at Redcliffe and at Caboolture...has anyone been to him? Know of his reputation? many thanks in advance for your replies.

Good Morning Airline

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!! I am also in brisbane but see a Dr at City Fertility at Spring Hill. Which clinic does Dr Kasan work through?

Shannon

Hey Shannon,
    thanks for the reply. I know it sounds ridiculous but we're a little confused as to which clinic he's linked to. We 'think' it's the IVF Sunshine Coast...but not entirely sure. My hubby and I were only discussing today how we should have confirmed it with the GP. I think we were a little stunned at the results, plus the GP was not comfortable discussing the results ... think he felt it out of his realm of knowledge, but gave us 2 options. One was a doctor in the city who he'd sent people to before and had received good feedback from, and the other was Dr Kasan. I opted for Dr. Kasan due to convenience....I'd read that you should take into consideration the fact that you will probably have many appointments...figured that Redcliffe and Caboolture easier for us to get to as we're northside, parking etc. However, if we're not happy with him, I guess we'll have to be referred to the city doc. ...and wait another few weeks!

When's your next ICSI/IVF?

Thank you Shannon (moderator) for that info. As my hubby says, the plot thickens!!

Northwest is my preference if/when I'm lucky enough to fall pregnant
    but continuity of care is something I'd rather have obviously.

I guess all will be revealed, but my GP referred us to him after the SA results and I advised Dr Kasan's secretary of our situation (I'd phoned to make appointment on behalf of hubby...and she's said 'but it's for you isn't it' and I explained - and then she advised he'd treat us a couple)

As an aside to Shannon22, is your Dr, Dr Warren De Ambrosis? That was our other choice of doc.

Lol the Shannons come out in force

Hi Airline - no i see Dr Julie Lindstrom (really fantastic), Dr Ambrosis was actually our other option too but i preferred a female, and i was told Dr Ambrosis is actually retiring now.

I live northside Bribane too but luckily work in the city so i see the dr before work.

Good Luck

mystery solved! Had my appointment with Dr Kasan. Firstly lovely man, totally put myself and hubby at ease, and also explained that he's linked to IVF Sunshine Coast. They're about to open up an clinic in Caboolture, and he's agreed to work there also. - opening in New year.

So if anyone has any queries re. Dr Kasan, his manner etc, I walked out 100% happy with him.