Thread: Embryo glue???

Default Embryo glue???

Just wanted to ask a question - has anyone heard of an embryo glue? One of my friends has a friend who's recently been through IVF and apparently her clinic used some kind of embryo glue during her ET.

I've never heard of anything like it, and my clinic hasn't mentioned it previously, so was just curious if anyone else has heard of it - or even had it used with any of their IVF treatments?

Sounds interesting!

Thanks,
    Marg

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Marg,

I have heard of it. Many clinics use it as a matter of course, but there's no conclusive proof that it actually aids implantation, last I heard.

With my history of failures to implant, I was very keen to give it a go, thinking anything that would increase my chances would be a good thing, but my Dr firmly believed that it only had a placebo effect.

Still may be worth you doing some research on it. Please let me know what you find out, I'd be interested to hear whether it's since been proven a useful aid to implantation.

love
    sushee

I've not heard of it - but I like the sounds of it... wondering if possible for me to consider it for this upcoming FET.... Time to get researching I think. Thanks Marg.

Just found this info, but will look for more of an explanation...

MIVF has had a number of enquiries about publicity surrounding the use of a new IVF product called “Embryo Glue” which has been said to increase success rates with IVF treatment.

The term “Embryo Glue” does not accurately describe the function of this substance. This is not some sort of new “glue” designed to ensure that embryos remain glued to the wall of the uterus. “Embryo Glue” is simply the trade name of a new culture medium in which the embryos are transferred back into the uterus.

This information was found on the site of an Australian IVF clinic who is about to start using it...

Known as Embryo Glue, the medium is designed to help embryos implant and “acclimatise” with natural fluids in the uterus.
    The culture media will be introduced into clinical services in April with confident predictions that it will result in a significant increase in successful single embryo transfer pregnancies .......
    Embryo Glue was considered the best of available culture media to protect embryos from environmental stress.
    interesting.... hope it is helpful to you all.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I reckon if it helps even a fraction, I'd want to have my clinic using it! When it first was introduced while I was still TTCing, none of the clinics were talking about it like it was of much use, but maybe some good outcomes have come out of it since.

love
    sushee

I also did some research this afternoon and came up with some of the same comments Keen. Some seem to think it's great and others are undecided.

But I agree with you sushee, if something was going to possibly make a difference I'd like to give it a go. I think I'll ask my clinic about it when I see them next - and at least find out their opinion on it.

Marg

Wow, I hope it works!!
    Sounds like a marvellous thing.