Thread: Have you heard of this?

sararms Guest

Default Have you heard of this?

HI

After my recent failure at my 3rd attempt at IVF, a friend told me to do some research into a thing called NaPro tracking. I wondered if any of you have heard of it. It has really excited me because I want to rid myself of clinging to IVF as the only solution to infertility especially as our infertility is male factor. I also liked the way they say noone leaves the diagnosis with unexplained infertility.

I look forward to seeing what you guys think.

Hi Sarams,

I had not heard of it.

It really sounds like the chart I did for my naturpath. And to be honest I do think it is a great idea. A doctor would/ should pick up more I would think. And in any case it is an extra tool that would or could give out more clues to what might be going on. ( does that make sence?)

I know my charts gave out heaps of information. ( like I knew my body temps were to low to ovutlate.) I also think that if they can pick up on a chart things like that you are low in progesterone it would save further heart ache down the track. ( it took 4 IVF attempts for my Doctor to look at my blood test results and say you have low levels of progesterone! But heh that is a whole other vent for another time!!)

I think if you can do it then go for it!

Hi Sarams
    I hadn't heard of it either (and I don't want to be a downer here) but just had a good look around that UK website. Something about it that is just not sitting right with me but it could be the statement
    Treatment to achieve a pregnancy is offered to married couples only, in order to safeguard the best interests of the child.
    that got right up my nose. This journey is hard enough without having to endure other people's value judgements.

Have you found someone to do this here? Perhaps they aren't so moralistic? There also seems to be a big absence of anything to do with age related infertility - its as if it doesn't exist!

What else have you found out? Do you want me to do some more digging in the medical literature? I've got access to a university library online.

I missed that quote Kar. And I also agree. it does sound way to judgemental. We get "put in a box" too much as it is on the TTC train let alone having the clinics do it too.

Sararms What do you think? How has the reserch going?

sararms Guest

hi all

Sorry its taken so long for me to reply, I've been having a break from all this.

I have looked into NaPro a bit more and I have discovered it was introduced in America so that Christians could have fertility treatment without full blown IVF. It is from that religious point of view that they insist on married couples. Karbent, I noticed their comments about single people and agree with you. I am married but am often infuriated by some policy regarding fertility treatment. I have used the information I have found and tried to implement it to our situation. I believe i don't produce enough oestrogen so have been taking a B complex to help that and I have noticed an improvement this month, combined with the preseed, we might get lucky. I will be gettin my husband some Q10 which is somehing NaPro suggest as well.

the whole thing is frustrating, but at this stage I'll try anything, and personally I don't think my body reacts well to the intrusion of IVf, which is why this natural approach appeals to me awful politics or not.

Have any of you found the information about NaPro useful or are think of trying it?

Sorry never heard of it!!

Shazz.

Sararms
    I just noticed your location! It's possible the reason we haven't heard much of this is that it hasn't hit Australia yet.

I am interested in learniing more about the techniques even if I have a problem with their organisational philosphies. Maybe you can PM with more info?