12311 ...

thread: IVF with PGD #4

Nov 2006
    Western Sydney

IVF with PGD #4

Welcome to IVF with PGD forum. This forum is for those that are undergoing IVF with Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis..

This forum provide a space to discuss the issues associated with undergoing IVF with PGD. Please keep the discussion relevant to the forum topic. If discussion becomes more general in nature you will be directed to the LT or LTTTC/AC general discussion threads.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Sarah_H Admin

SeaChange Moderator
    dusty Moderator
    Lenny Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

As it's easy to forget to remove your ticker, please be advised that we will remove it for you if it's posted in here.

The last thread is HERE
    Last edited by Caramello; September 19th, 2009 at 01:53 PM.

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Hi Girls,

Starting this thread with lots of

My news is unfortunately not so godd - pretty sure I am out. I know how my body feels when I am pregnant and definitely not feeling that way any more. Right after ET and the day after my breast were very tender, I was breathless even when walking a few stairs and sleeping lots, it was a bit less the day after but then again after the Pregnyl injection. Now with the Pregnyl leaving my body I am just feeling normal, starting to get my energy back as every time when the drugs leave my system after a cycle. I am a bit disappointed but it's all good, just wasn't meant to be this time woudl have been too much of a miracle.

Sara

Jan 2006
    Sydney

Lovely Sara - I am certainly not one to build up false hope...but honestly the Pregnyl mimics Pregnancy. I get very sore BB from it. Last needle was Saturday and still have them. I know it's enough to send you mad - but it does give false symptoms and tests. It is the actual hormone HCG you produce when PG - hence the mimic effects.
    You are down 1week in the TWW I think - and too early for most symptoms or tests - promise..

Hang in there..

Sep 2008

Sara; on the way to work, I was thinking of a quote to put under my name to keep my thoughts positive, and in this instance I think it would be very suitable to you, and it's quite ironic that you mentioned the word miracle, because "miracle's happen everyday"

Something a little funny, I posted a hug to you and it came out as a smooching kiss, lucky I looked at my post

Oct 2008
    Brisbane, Queensland

Thanks everyone. It's not looking good today, though; I had some cramping this morning so AF may just show her ugly freakin' head tomorrow after all. The lines on the HPTs have not been getting any darker and this morning's was fainter than yesterday so I'm starting to think that it's all going to go pear-shaped tomorrow. I know it's still only a few days after possible implantation, but surely I'd have gotten a good, solid BFP by now if I was PG. Feeling very, very sad today.

Sara: Hang in there, hon. It's early days yet.

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

Kel - in the initial days, the 2nd lines can be very, very faint - don't lose hope yet. Although my pregnancies didn't make it down the road, both times it took a while for my 2nd line to darken and my numbers on BT day were good.

Sara - I posted to you in another thread...

Oct 2008
    Brisbane, Queensland

Julie: I'm 14DPO (9dp5dt) today, do you think it could still be too early for a BFP?

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Thank you girls, I am feeling quite calm about it atm and still doing everything that I need to do, really appreciate your support and still have a tiny bit of hope as I agree our body can do funny things - but the thing is that I had the symptons even before taking the Pregnyl injection and they have now gone away...

One good thing is that now being off DHEA until BT my skin is starting to clear up - Buliej how are you going with the DHEA - wondering if I should increase the dosage from 50mg to 75mg when I go back on.

WLB - like quote and deifnitely beleve in it, think it definitely was a miracle I got this far independent on what happens now.

Kel: Really hope you're wrong - I have heard many girls talking about AF like cramping (I think Meredith might have been the last one) only to have a BFP - I am keeping everything crossed for you

Lovely Lulu: Thanks for being there for me with everything you're going through yourself.

Sara

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

Kel - I would love to be able to promise you something - but so much of this is still a mystery. What I tell myself when I panic during the TWW, is that they pick the BT day for a reason - that's when they expect the levels to be there for a definitive BFP. So I'd say, until BT day (unless AF comes) there is - of course - a chance you are pregnant.

Sara - the dr put me on 20mg - but I called him yesterday to tell him I had m/c (I was not taking the DHEA while pregnant, but had the script and filled it when I started to bleed) - I asked, and he agreed, that I should increase it to 40 mg a day. He said to watch my skin etc (and I do have 2 pimples right now and that's pretty unusual for me). He is reluctant to have me take too much and I'm going to defer to his expertise - although he did acknowledge that all the DHEA fertility studies were based on 75mgs of DHEA. He said this is a lot for most women to handle without having skin/extra hair growth so he wanted me to gradually up it.

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Julie: are you saying you took 20mg while you were pregnant? My FS said I can't take it after ET but I know at least one other lady who took it at least until BT.

Sara

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

No - I'm saying I didn't start until I m/c. They don't want you to take it while pregnant. My sense is that if you are doing ivf or iui you stop on date of ET or IUI - but if you are trying naturally, many people are on it for the first week post O / conception because they just don't know they are pregnant and don't really want to stop. You definitely are suppose to stop as soon as you are pregnant - there's too much testosterone in it - it could have an impact on the sex development of the baby.

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Sorry Julie I only correctly read your post after I had posted the question - tried to delete it but the site crashed.

Sara

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

No problem - it's important to make certain it is clear - we seem to only have each other when it comes to all these alternative treatments

Oct 2008
    Brisbane, Queensland

Spotting and cramping. I'm out.

BellyBelly Member

May 2008
    NSW

Kel - I am sorry, hun and hope the spotting stops. I did cramp around 13-14 dpo and believed AF was around the corner, but do not want to unfairly get your hopes up... You have come a long way. You know that you can actually do a cycle and get a normal blast for transfer. That is a big step. Take care xx

Sara
    - I was on 3x25 mg of DHEA until the BT. No pimples and no extra hair growth except when my progesterone levels got high with the HCG trigger. Just sharing info I would like to totally back what MsPink wrote about Pregnyl. You will always start to feel better as the high HCG hit lessens (which it will to start with, regardless of working towards a BFP). These hits are in the 1,000's, yet your BFP at the time of the BT may only be a couple of hundred. So my theory is, you will feel normal at the in-between stage you are in now. Hope this makes sense....

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Kel This is such a terrible rollercoaster - really sorry you have to go through this. Agree with WTH - if things go pear shaped and I am keeping everything crossed they are not - the main thing is you have done a cycle and had a blastie to transfer - you will be able to do it again, you are still young. Look after yourself.
    If AF does not come perhaps consider going for an early BT even tomorrow so that at least you know what's going on.

WTH: What I am worried about are my symptons before I took the Pregnyl but you're making me feel better. I actualy took 1500 of Pregnyl so that's quite a hit and you're making total sense - I just really don't want to get my hopes up, quite calm at the moment but think it will be devastating actually allowing myself to hope it works and getting those hopes crushed.
    About DHEA I am having both those side effects on 50mg - Sorry I have no idea about hormones - are you saying it get's worse once taking Pregnyl? That would make me feel better since I actually took Pregnyl already during my cycle so it might have partly been responsible.

Have called the clinc and moved BT to Wednesday from Thursday - just doing a bit of damage control as DP is around on Wednesday but will have to go travelling Thursday to Saturday so whatever happens I'll have him around.

Sara

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

Kel - I'm so sorry, it's incredibly disappointing - but as the other girls said - you came so close and it will happen for you - you have age on your side, and you've learned you can produce a healthy blastie.

Sara - I think the DHEA is already making my skin oily - I noticed today in the afternoon that I had this shin on my face, and I have a number of pimples on my forehead...not the norm for me. But it's not enough to make me stop the DHEA and, as I mentioned, I even up-ed it to 40 mg/day. If I start growing hair on my face & losing it on my head...I'll quit

Hi WTH and WLAB...and anyone else who is out there.

BellyBelly Member

May 2008
    NSW

Sara - I have read the DHEA can cause oily skin and even temporary hair-thinning, but that fortunately did not happen in my case. I was only on it for just over two months so maybe things like this may have happened over time. The Pregnyl (HCG) makes your body think it is pregnant, so it increases your progesterone levels (luteal phase support). You may know people take prog. pessaries or crinone for the same reason. Anyway, this is definitely what caused a bit of an increase in hair growth (faster under the armpits, the odd surprise on my face ). It is the same hormone which causes the odd pimple before AF each month. You may already know this, but just wanted to clarify Glad you have moved your BT to Wednesday. I would rather know sooner and with the support of my partner, too. Good luck

Buliej - sounds like you are having a good strong reaction to the DHEA I am glad you are giving it a go as like Sara, according to my (limited) reading you are the perfect candidate for it. I really hope it brings you success

Kel - hope things are looking brighter for you today? xx

Cuddlepie, WLAB, Lisa and anyone on our supporter's sideline

12311 ...