... 614151617

thread: IVF with PGD #4

Apr 2009
    central coast

Hey girl's very quiet in here i am still waiting patiently (NOT!) they are cutting it real close the PGD nurse told me if i feel my period comming on to ring her and she will chase the scientist down and find out how close our test is to being ready ,talk about nerve racking torture the whole medicare rebate january nightmare is looming and making everything so much worse.

Apr 2009
    central coast

OH MY GOD!!!! GOOD NEW'S
    I just got a phone call from the scientist our test is finished and is being sent today for it's second check and he said stop panicing i will get the green light next week and i will definately be able to start in oct yippeeeee!!!!!!! finally after 6mth's i can actually try for a healthy baby .

BellyBelly Member

May 2008
    NSW

Ferrals I haven't posted on this thread for a few weeks but have been quietly watching from the sidelines. Just wanted to wish you a world of good luck for your cycle in the coming weeks

Sep 2009
    central QLD

YAY!!! Great news , now you can relax and let it all happen!

Are you doing a short cycle?

I am this time so i am taking very close notice of my body this month to try and gauge next month, i have never been able to keep very good track, lol.
    And because i spot before i get a proper flow im really scared ill miss the window as the nurse said to go for the BT the first day of heavy flow. And i have to drive over two hours to get a blood test i don't want to mess it up!!

Apr 2009
    central coast

Thank's Where theres hope i will need it.

Jaki-I am doing the short cycle as i can't take the pill and i have heard many good storie's of women responding well to it i hope i do.
    I have a pretty good idea of what my body is doing i am very regular 28-29 day's on the dot and i can feel when i ov but i never get any ewm so no help to me there and when AF show's it usually just start's with a light flow the first day then full on the next day but this month i started accupuncture and i am on cycle day 17 and did not feel myself ov this month so not sure if the accupuncture is the reason or not but i'm due for AF on the 11th or 12th of oct so we will see anyway i am so excited and terrified at the same time.
    I do have a question for you ladie's where did you find was the best and least painfull site for your injection's.

Sep 2009
    central QLD

Fingers crossed it comes right on time for you then!

As far as the injections go i was on my own there, my Hubby said no way im doing that! So that ruled out the tooshie, i did the tummy cause i have a wee bit of padding, lol. Never tried the leg. The injections don't hurt at first, but the further you get the more it smarts, and the big killer is the trigger, it hurt! Same for the Pregnyl after the EPU. Ouch....

But don't let that scare you! You just get it done cause you have to.
    xx

Apr 2009
    central coast

Hi ladie's very quiet in here!

All the rest of my medication's are comming today.
    I'm starting to get worried what if i don't make enough egg's what if they don't make it to blast stage what if they are all effected what if it dosn't work how do you stay calm? i'm trying to stay positive i am doing my acupuncture avoiding caffine i even lost 2kg's in the last 10 day's what else can i do to help me get throught this and get my BFP.

Sep 2008
    Campbelltown (Sydney) NSW

Hi all,

I agree with Ferrals, very quiet in here for sure.

Ferrals in response to your anxiety!!! I know exactly what you mean. I will commence my Lucrin Injections tomorrow for the start of Cycle #2. I really believe that the first time around I was so much calmer not knowing can be a good thing . Cycle #1 was cancelled due to not enough eggs . I only had one good one and possibly one other and so the heart breaking decision was made to cancel the cycle, only because as you mentioned, there is so many things for the little guys to get through just to get to ET.

Staying calm, well I try my best and am also doing accupuncture. I try and re-assure myself that if its meant to be it will be and just to go with the flow. This sometimes works but for most of it, especially now being so close to starting again, doesnt work too well. I have found that the past couple of nights I have been rather easily upset. I think this is because its all on my mind. Im sure you know when I say all the "What Ifs", especially seeing as I now have something to compare to and worry that it will all end terribly again just like Cycle #1.

All we can do I suppose is provide each other support. It helps knowing there are others out there who know exactly what were all going through and the pressure on us, especially in the PGD area to pull great numbers of eggs.

Apr 2009
    central coast

Ok now i'm freaking just spoke to the pgd nurse about a cycle in dec if this one dosn't work and she said a lot of women have a anovulatory cycle (don't ovulate) after ivf so if that happen's to me she said i might not get a period in dec to do another cycle before the new rebate system kick's in and we won't be able to afford it in the new year WTF! talk about pressure for this cycle to work.

Motherhood-thank's i will do my best to stay calm i just can't believe we managed to make it for oct so we could have another go in dec only to be told that most women have an anovulatory cycle i wish they didd'nt tell me now i would have delt with that issue later now it will be in the back of my mind that this might be our one and only chance at pgd ivf.
    Anyway good luck with your injection's i got all my bit's and pieces half hour ago i put them in a bar fridge in our bedroom so kid's wont play with them i'm just waiting for AF due on sunday wish it would hurry up.

A question i flicked through the injection pen booklet and it say's the cartridge should be at room temp before injection but the drug's need to be kept in the fridge so how do all you ladie's do it take it out of fridge half hour before injection or what doe's it matter if it is cold when you inject it? sorry to ask so much i want to make sure i do this right.
    Last edited by ferrals5; October 7th, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

Sep 2009
    central QLD

Thats strange, best thing to do is check with the PGD nurse, i found with my cycle that you prob shouldn't go by the drug pamphlets anyway cause sometimes the dosage etc is different. Im also confused as last cycle i used lucrin which was fridge stored and now ill use orgalutran which does not need to be refridgerated, however i will check with nurse.

I also couldnt not believe the price difference between lucrin and orgalutran!

Don't stress ferrals... you need to concentrate on this cycle, not future cycles. And even if you say this it it, you will feel differently at some point. Hope your period comes on time and its all smooth.

Motherhood, sounds like we had a similar first cycle, i did get enough eggs but they were poor quality and did not make it to ET. It is upsetting going into a 2nd cycle after a bad 1st cycle, i will be doing it myself in 3 weeks.Stay possitive and make sure you keeps us updated if possible as we will be cheering 4 u.

I have estimated to get my period on the 30th Oct so lets see how accurate i am, lol.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Apr 2009
    central coast

Hey jaki i was only confused by the fridge room temp bit but nurse said put it all in the fridge and even orgalutran and take out and let it sit at room temp while i get all sorted for injection so that is what i will do and i have decided not to worry about future cycle's if oct dosn't work and we miss dec we can't afford next year so we will just have to go back to trying natrually it is not the end all and be all i have to be positive.

Sep 2009
    central QLD

Ok, thats good to know, i'll ask my nurse too as i have mine in the pantry. The pharmasist had not a clue! lol.

Sep 2008

Smile Cycle #2 has Officially begun!!!!!

Morning Ladies,

Well last night, took my first Lucrin 10unit injection so its official now, cycle #2 is on its way. YAY!!!

Re your refridgeration questions. Last cycle, I was on Lucrin and Puregon and I was told to keep both in the fridge and as I think Ferrals has been told, take them out a few minutes before the injection and all should be good.

Im excited to have started my cycle #2. Cant wait to start my FSH injections just to see what dose they put me on and then after that, cant wait to see my first US lol. Gee the things we get excited about lol.

Jaki I wish you too the best of luck with your next cycle. Heres hoping the two of us have much better cycles. Like I said to DH the other night when I was all teary, I just want to experience the whole thing this time around, not even getting to harvest the eggs was devestating. Heres hoping my acupuncture is helping with that .

Talk again soon ladies and be sure to keep me posted on your progress as I will of mine.

Apr 2009
    central coast

Morning ladie's

Motherhood-good to hear your cycle has started i hope this one turn's out much better than the last one.

look's like it's happening for all of us let's hope we all get our BFP's at the end of our cycle's.

AFM-I'm still worried about the whole not responding, not enough egg's, no embryo's to test,being my first cycle i know it's trial and error but i hope my body doe's the right thing for me i'm starting to get slight period pain so AF should be here on sunday when due i have a question if AF turn's up tomorrow and i am supose to have blood test on day 1 of full bleeding that would be sunday how will i have blood test done when no pathology is open?

Sep 2008

Ferrals,

Re the BT on a Sunday. Sorry cant be much help here on this one as because Im going through SIVF here in Sydney, its open both Sat and Sun mornings for all that sort of stuff.

Maybe call and ask the nurse what you should do in that instance.

Have a good weekend all!!! Will be watching for any new news!!!

Sep 2009
    central QLD

Ferrals my nurse told me to go mon morn if that happens.
    Im praying mine comes early in the week as i have a 2 hr drive to the pathologists

Motherhood- whoot whoot, is is all very exciting!! Im sending out lots of eggy vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

Apr 2009
    central coast

Thank's ladie's i'm only 1 hr or so away from sydney so if need be i will drive down there the ivf web page say's blood collection between 7am and 8 15am oh well! it's for a good cause i just hope AF turn's up sunday then i can go to my local pathology 5 min away.

Jaki-2 hour's drive for a blood test you poor bugger you will need a packed lunch.

AFM-had another acupuncture session today i am feeling good so i might go make somthing yummy for dinner enjoy the weekend ladie's.

Apr 2009
    central coast

AF is here the nurse has told me tomorrow will be day one as AF started this arvo and i have to have blood test early monday morning and they will ring me that day with the dose i have to inject so monday night will be my first needle the only bummer is i have to drive 40 minute's for blood test the pathology near me does'nt do same day result's so i have to go to gosford but that's ok.
    I am so excited and terrified at the same time wish me luck and i will keep you posted.

... 614151617