... 3456715 ...

thread: IVF with PGD #8

Apr 2011

Exciting JBear, keep me posted on how it goes!

If I do O which would be in about 10 days, then I would have transfer 5 days after that. If I don't O, wait for AF again and do a medicated cycle which would have me transfer about day 20 ish. *sigh*

Feb 2012

Thanks BF! I hope ur body is doing its thang and u O on time. I hate all this waiting, don't u wish u had a lil crystal ball sometimes!?

I'm feeling moody as hell so I'm thinking AF is on her way...I'm CD25 so it should be any day now.

Does anyone here cut out caffeine and sugar all together when doing a cycle?

Apr 2011

Hey JBear,

Hope AF hurries up!!! So frustrating isn't it! I cut out caffeine ages ago. I don't cut out sugar on a cycle, just alcohol, and try to eat lots of fresh food, eat out less & stay away from processed foods.

I would LOOOOOVE a crystal ball, if anyone has one I could borrow or buy, I'll pay top dollar!!

Hi to everyone else, how are you all going?

Add Sunbeam on Facebook

May 2009
    Gold Coast

Hi Girls,

brightfuture - If you find the crystal ball shop please please give me the address I'd love one. Mind you if I'd had one at the start of this I'm not sure I would have believed what it showed me! They have suggested PGD because of my age and really I'm happy with anything that reduces my chance on yet another mc. Not long till TF, does it look like it's going ahead?

Jbear - I do cut down to one coffee a week in a cycle usually only have one a day normally anyway. I cut out all sugar for a month earlier in the year (not in a cycle) and it did feel really good. When you eat no sugar you no longer crave it.

AFM - I saw FS yesterday. I will be starting the pill on sat/sun when AF arrives so if all goes to plan EPU should be around the end of Sept. FS wanted to put me on 450 of FSH but I talked him down to 350 since I managed 20 eggs on 300 just 2 years ago (and 12 on 250) and my AHM was still at 20 last Nov. I felt 450 would over stim me and I'd end up being cancelled.

Feb 2012

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I have just cut back until i actually start my cycle then i will cut it out now, as for sugar I am finding that one hard to cut out

Sunbeam I'm glad you got a good result from your FS, you must be so excited to have the ball rolling.

AFM - I am still waiting...... day 28 today. Had a call for genetics they need more blood from DH & I for the tests, it seems they ran out. Was a bit freaked out initially but she was really reassuring that everything is fine and they will be ready for us by the time we are ready to go.

How's everyone else?

BF - Any sign of O?

xx

Apr 2011

Morning ladies,

J.Bear, are you trying to cut all sugar out or just sugary snacks? If it is snacks, I changed my cravings for chocolate for things like sultanas, you still get that instant sugar hit and they're still not great, but slightly better!! Glad you're doing well on the rest of the stuff so far!! Any sign of AF?

Sunbeam, things are moving along for you!! Very exciting!! Any sign of AF for you?

AFM, yep I O'd on day 17, can't believe it, I was so sure this cycle was going to be a bust. I get to start the pessaries tonight (I've only done crinone before so will be interested to see the difference in the side effects) but only one a night at this stage, then if bloods are good on Sunday it will be a transfer on Monday! Woohoo!! My lining was 9.2 on Wed and type three so that was looking good. I am quietly excited but trying to stay realistic. My mantras for the next few days are around trusting my body, trusting my embie, trusting the doctor & trusting the embryologist to choose the right embie out of the freezer! Wish me luck & I'll keep you posted on how it goes!!

Oct 2009

hi girls,

im popping myself in here, short story is i have 2 children but have had 5 miscarriages trying to get a 3rd child, we are now going to pgd as they think the most likely problem is from chromosomal abnormalities (im 39).

im starting on Lucrin tonight and will have EPU mid september

brightfuture: fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly the next few days and you get your embie transferred without any problems :-)

jbear: are you just having tests at the moment ?

Jessir: congrats on your pregnancy, how far along are you ?

BooBoo: hi to you, are you just starting out on the pgd journey ?

sunbeam and i know each other so don't think i'm ignoring her if i don't respond to her on here, we talk a lot off BB :-)
    Last edited by minniemouse; August 28th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Aug 2007
    Newcastle

So much exciting news going on here at the moment. Hopefully a lot more too.....wishing everyone well!!!

Have just started my tracking cycle and am currently at day 5 and starting blood tests from day 10 to see when I ovulate. Similar to BF I think as looking to transfer 5 days after O. Have been doing accupuncture with this cycle (basically trying anything to up my chances) but apparently my blood is still low (?) according to my accupuncturist so she has given me some herbs to take for the next couple of weeks to help increase my blood. Only prob is they make me throw up! Anyone used TCM for a cycle? Am going to try to incorporate the herbs in some muffins to see if that will help. Been given a list of foods to eat as well that are meant to help. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Apr 2011

Hey Joe!

Just a quickie. I used herbs leading up to my stim but they didn't make me feel sick I feel for you!! My TCM Dr suggested adding honey if it was too strongly flavoured. My own recommendation, not from TCM, would be to not take them on an empty stomach - not sure if that will help you at all but wishing you every bit of the best!

Jun 2012
    Sydney

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA.

Sunbeam and Minnie - welcome and my heart goes out to you both. All I can say is never give up. I am sending you both the warmest wishes and luck with your cycles. All I can say is accupuncture, no sugar and healthy BMI. Before my last round which was successful I lost 5 kgs, cut sugar back (not out completely) and did G's accupuncture program.

Jbear and bf - how are you going?

Booboo and Joespratt - have are your cycles.

12 weeks this week and I have finally found an OB. Must say my first OB appointment was almost as traumatic as IVF round 1.

Jess )

Feb 2012

Morning all,

BF- Its just snacks im trying to cut back on, i would normally substitute with fruit but my acu man said no raw fruit or veg. Sultanas are sundries aren't they? So happy to hear u O'd in time....did u have transfer yesterday??

Minnie- I'm waiting for AF to arrive so I can start stim cycle. I had a Hysteroscopy & D&C on June and everything looks 'normal' in there so I started acu & FX this cycle gives us the golden egg! Good luck I hope ur journey is short but sweet, keep us posted.

Hi Lu! How r u? I've been so busy with work & study at home. Going a lil insane waiting do AF cos I'm on day 30 something ( need to check ). I just want to get started.

Better get to work...have a good day x

Feb 2012

Sorry the last part of my msg was at Jess not Lu sorry Jess It's early.

Add Sunbeam on Facebook

May 2009
    Gold Coast

Hi Girls,

Hey Minnie - Glad you joined us in here.

Joe - I've used herbs lots I love them its almost like I can feel them working. Are yours the sort you have to boil up into a tea? I have those sort and I add lemon and honey otherwise they taste like mud

Jessir - Thanks for coming in and inspiring us, congratulations on 12 weeks Good luck with your OB.

BF - How did the transfer go are you PUPO?

J.Bear - AF arrive yet? Mine is still thinking about it I think, starting very slowly! I think I must be about cd50 or so as I was on proygnova for weeks waiting for my ED to be ready. I hear you about wanting to get on with it already!!!

AFM - I should find out tomorrow if I will do EPU on 23/10 or 23/11. If it is the Oct one then other FSs will have to do my scans etc as my FS is away at a conference, if it is the Nov date then I will have to use Donor daddy's swimmers from frozen as he is overseas at that point! I hope I get the Oct date I really want to get on with things. The only advantage to Nov is that it gives me longer on my wight loss but I should still be down a total of 8-9kg even by the Oct EPU.

Apr 2011

Morning ladies,

Nice to hear where you are all up to!

JBear, hope AF turns up for you soon! Yep sultanas are sundried, and very sweet, and room temperature so might do the trick for you! I buy the little kiddies boxes and always keep some with me, so good when you need a pick-me-up!

Sunbeam, so hoping you get to cycle in Oct, I know what it's like trying to juggle all these perfect dates around. Not far away!!

Jess, great to hear from you! I can't believe you are 12 weeks already, that is awesome!! Good luck with your OB, what was traumatic about the appointment?

AFM, yep I am PUPO! Transfer went perfectly, the embie thawed beautifully and was hatching, a nice tight bunch of the cells that become the bub. I'm trying to stay nice and calm, BT next Friday. I'm going to stay away from the HPTs until Saturday, which will be about when I started to get positives last time.

A question for all you girls who have been through a cycle, did your embies get tested on day 5 or 6??

Add Sunbeam on Facebook

May 2009
    Gold Coast

Whoo BF sending heaps of sticky vibes your way

AFM I got my Oct date

Apr 2011

Thank you sunbeam and WOOHOO for you too!!! xx

Feb 2012

Just poping in to say yippee to BF good luck, try to relax & think positive baby thoughts. Fx for you. Mine are tested after fertilization I believe it day 4 or 5 it all a bit of a haze at the time. I'll have to take note this time. How r u feeling anyway?

Joe - I do acu but not the herbs. My dad is part Chinese & he is always cooking up special teas & they do not smell very tasty so I feel for u. I agree anything to up your chances! Best of luck : )

AFM - AF arrived yesterday so I start tonight yay!!! Had a minor panic attack when I realize the gonal f was not in the frigde...I googled it & most ppl said it is ok as long as its not over 25deg. Any thoughts?

How's everyone else?

Apr 2011

Hi JBear, YAY for AF!!!! What's the weather been like where you live? I'm in the chilly capital so I am sure it would have been fine here, as long as you're not in Darwin or anywhere like that I am sure it's fine Good luck with your first jab tonight!!!

I am an idiot, I POAS this morning, of course it was going to be negative but I had it in my head, and I had a drawer full of cheapies next to my head when I woke up, so I did it (it was negative of course!). I will try not to test again until the weekend!! In terms of how I am feeling, I've been crampy since the transfer and tired, and my heartrate has elevated every day since transfer. I am feeling confident we will get implantation but just praying every day for a strong beta.

... 3456715 ...