Thread: Jessica Rowe - an inspiration

Default Jessica Rowe - an inspiration

I don't know if many of you saw Jess interviewed by Karl Stefanovic on the today show this morning, but her and her husband Peter had 4 IVF cycles to conceive their child. I find it fantastic that someone like Jessica can come forward and tell everyone about their IVF journey, and how for us that have fertility issues to never give up hope.

Sometimes the general public can perceive people like Jessica and Peter to have the perfect life. Good looks, nice home, great job, but it just goes to show that infertility can affect ANYONE. Rich or famous!

May Jessica and Peter have a fantastic pregnancy and I am sure their precious bundle when it arrives early next year, will bring much happiness and joy to both of them.

three cheers to Jess for bringing the scary and secretive world of IVF out in the open!!!!

Leis

If anyone hasn't seen it, it is on the SMH website (video link).

While I am pleased she has been brave and open enough to present her difficulties and IVF journey, the cynical part of me hopes she did so willingly and not for the benefit of the broadcaster. It is still very early in her pregnancy (although that is probably the hesitant part of me based on my own experience) and I just hope and pray everything continues to progress smoothly for them both.

However, her description of her feelings and particularly the impact of others falling pregnant without trying around her was so very reflective of how I (and probably many others) feel on the road to (hopefully) getting a much longed for baby.

I agree Leis. I know a lot of people don't like to talk about their infertility/IVF treatment, but I have always been very open about how Noddy was conceived. It is good to see a well-known person "coming out" about their fertility problems for want of a better phrase.

Alex Kingston (the English actress who played Elizabeth on "ER") also used IVF to conceive her daughter. I remember reading her story some years ago and appreciating her honesty and openness. At that time I never imagined I would be in the same boat. In a way, it helped me when I was going through that experience and gave me hope as well. It's probably one of the most positive things you can do for others with fertility problems.

I thought it was a lovely thing for Jessica to do.
    So many people do feel so alone, I know I did before finding BB.
    And having her say to never give up hope was really comforting.
    I also think that it will help family and freinds understand just a tad bit better. ( those ones that dont anyway)
    Cant wait to get my Womans weekly hand-me -down, from my mom to read her story.

I agree that the interview with Jessica was comforting. Hearing that she had gone through similar emotions and experiences that many of us are going through was empowering for me and gave me that extra boost I feel that I have needed at the moment. It reaffirms that you are not alone, even though you may feel like you are, and that infertility can affect people from all walks of life. I must say that I have only recently become more of a fan of Jessica's. It amazes me how she kept her self so professional and sane when a lot of people were really horrible to her and knowing how IVF and hormones affect your normally 'even' persona. She has a lot of strength and has inspired me to stay determined and to persist until I get a BFP!

sophabulous Guest

Wow - what an amazing story, and Ithink so worthwhile to anyone who is having difficulty in TTC including those courageous IVFers. Good on her!

Ali, I to have warmed much more to Jessica after hearing of her IVF plight. And yes you are right, she has been through so much in the last few months, with her court case, slander from the public and managers at her current place of employment, and then to top it all off, falling and breaking her wrist... Good on you Jesse, you have fought tooth and nail, and come out on top.....

Leis xx

Hello,
    I haven't seen the interview but am curious to know what her infertility issue was? Endo, PCOS, Tubes ??

I have heard it was PCOS but I can't be sure... leis xx

Yes I think it might have been PCOS from what I gathered from the research I did on the net. All they kept on saying was a 'hormonal problem that affected her ability to produce eggs' So sounds like PCOS! However with all the recent awareness of PCOS I am surprised she hasn't come out and said it.

I remember my Dad (who was working in a Melbourne private hospital) mentioning that he kept seeing a very high profile couple coming in for IVF and he remarked the exact thing that others here have said..."you'd think they'd have it all wouldn't you? how sad"
    I don't think they've ever publicly said that they tried IVF in the media so I won't mention who they are but it is great to see celebrity women & men coming forward, if nothing but to raise the awareness of couples with fertility issues.