12311 ...

thread: Long Term Assisted Conception 2009 #2

Nov 2006
    Western Sydney

Long Term Assisted Conception 2009 #2

Welcome to Long Term Assisted Conception forum. This forum is for those that have been undergoing Assisted Conception for 12 months or more.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin

Gargy Moderator
    dusty Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

As it's easy to forget to remove your ticker, please be advised that we will remove it for you if it's posted in here. Just easier, is all.

The last thread is Here
    Last edited by dusty; June 3rd, 2009 at 04:33 PM.

barney Guest

thank you gargy may it be an extra special thread fulled with great news

by the way how are you going hun ??

Nov 2006
    Western Sydney

No worries - thought I would change it over on the extact number of 300 rather than come back later and find its up to 350 or something LOL.

How am I - well you've probably noticed I've been a bit quiet lately - I think I had to give myself some time to a) get over the really crappy IVF result from last year; b) get over the end of last year stress; c) find my feet in my new job.

However I am feeling really good at the moment, and if everything continues to be this way we will be trying again once we get our tax return in July/August again.

I have thought about using the Rudd money for a cycle but I'm still not emotionally ready yet and want to wait until I'm up to third term at school.

Right at this very minute I am an AFL widow as DH has gone to watch his beloved Carlton. I'm supposed to be cleaning the house but I really can't motivate myself to do so.

How are things with you Smithy?

barney Guest

OH HUN ITS REALLY NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU ,AS YES I HAVE NOTICED YOUVE BEEN A BIT QUIET (oh no caps ).
    hunny i hope all works out with your new job and your all ready to go when you get that tax back.i wish you all the luk in the world i could not have met a lovelier lady than you hun and i hope all your dreams come true soon .
    and good luk with the house work too lol!!!.

AFM im well hun thanks for asking im doing my fet soon and cant wait ,weve been so broke as of late i couldnt even afford $500 FOR A FET BUT WERE SLOWLY WORKING THINGS OUT . kids are all well as is dh.school holidays at the moment so there driving me mad to be honest lol.
    take care gargy im often thinking of you hun xxoo

Jan 2006
    Sydney

I for one hope to see you both back on the horse (so to speak) soon..

Jan 2008
    Brissy

i am still here, but it seems so far away for me to be doing anything again, we're going to be building again and havn't even got build aprovals from council yet.
    we are waiting to get council approval and a new home loan, while i am working , then we'll look at IVF/ ICSI again.
    prob be June or July.
    good luck to all

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

So many familiar people in here, which is kind of comforting but also really very sad that we are still all here. i have just realised that well it has now been about 18 months since we started the Ac journey and time to move over here. Smithy I have my fingers crossed that you can start your FET soon, I know who bad it is to have to wait to get started. JBM Hoping you can also start again soon. AFM still jabbing away hopefully trigger at the end of the week. Still getting used to having to call the clinic for results almost forgot to call on Sat ang got them just as they were walking out the door.vvvvvvvvvv vbbvvvvvvvvkmkm(Campbell just saying hello) He just woke up screaming as he has just moved out of the nursery into a big boys room (Thats positive thinking for you) Anyway hope everyone is doing well.

Sep 2006
    Sydney

Hello ladies

Hope you are all travelling along nicely.

Saph, good to see you. Shame its in this thread but hopefully we will be on our way out soon and into the pregnancy threads

I am now on day three of jabbing (Puregon 125u), in for b/t on Wednesday morning. Eagerly awaiting the next step.

barney Guest

SAPH AND PAULA..
    saph,thanks hun i just hope we can all get out of here by the end of this year ..all with our bfp.
    paula good luck on wed hun ill be ing hard for you

hi to every one ,raining here today,so ive just put a nice beef strog in the oven .
    take care girls and love to you all xxoo
    were all in this together

hello little campbell i hope you get use to your big boys bed

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Well the results are in E2 is going backwards so up the dose to 100ui. Doesnt make sense does it after losing 10kg I am responding worse than before have already put 1kg back on with this cycle. DS has been horrendously naughty today, he ran around clinic while I was waiting for a blood test, ran out while I was having test into ultrasound room thank god there was no one in there. He has been climbing on the table, shouting and even ran out on the road and away from me (paying out on me for leaving him for 4 days), I am not responding well I am really beginning to wonder if it is all worth it. My life would be some much easier if I didn't want another child, and I would be a lot richer as well. Sorry about the rant just a little, I dont know Blah. And over 2 year olds. All my friends at work ( who are much older than me) tell me that an independent strong willed 2 year old makes for a sucessful adult, that if he makes it that far. LOL

Jan 2009
    Melbourne

Hi Ms Pink - you are so lovely, such a compassionate girlie. I hope you doing well.

WLAB - go to Dr Nick and see if you like what he says. There is no rule that says you have to stay with one or can't interview them like you would any other service professional. I went to see him once and I liked him, he is direct, and so am I so suited me. if I change it will be to see him. he also does obstetrics which would be good too. Let me know what meredith says as worked for her.

hi to all you other girlies. yeah new thread, may it bring all you comfort and joy.

AFM - am concentrating on having my glass be half full. Cleaning out cupboards today, DD wants pasta for lunch. happy sunny day.

Random Act of Kindness Recipient
    Add Baby Dreamtime on Facebook

Jul 2008
    Gold Coast

Hello lovely ladies,

I hope you are doing well. I have been kind of lurking, I have some good news sort of after being so down my last IVF cycle was converted to IUI. AF arrived last week, a little early, just for fun I did a POAS and had the faintest line. Not thinking anything of it I saw FS 2 days later (Day 2) hoping to start an antagonist cycle. Even after 2 days of full bleed the scan showed my lining was still 12 mm, and I had 3 corpus luteum cysts still at 20mm. FS was concerned and suggested possible implantation and very early M/C even though I didn't mention the +HPT. Had a BT, E2 was 300 and P4 was 15, hcg was 9. Hmm. Based on my calculations and past history, I don't think this hcg is left over trigger (I have had 10,000iu trigger previously and a BT the same time and zip, this time trigger was 5000iu). FS was feeling positive and supported this view based on my lining and my prog levels and suggested we look at this as a chemical pregnancy and that some degree of implantation had taken place. If this is the case can I just say:

In 4.5 years TTC, 9 cycles, 6 ETs and 1 IUI, this is the first time ever I have had even a possiblity of implantation. I hope I am not grasping at straws but this is the best news I have ever heard, this is the farthest I have ever got, the closest I have ever come. I hope you all don't think I am pathetic or delusional, and even if I am wrong at the very least it has given me hope, after fearing this would never work. So that is my news.

I am waiting on results from another BT yesterday to see what E2 and P4 are doing, not sure if FS will want to wait for next AF and hope I have a full bleed or whether she will want to do a curette.

Gargy, Smithy, JBM, Saph, Paula, Lulu, hi to you all, I promise to catch up with personals soon. Love to all

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

BDT - it is fantastic to see you so happy & optimistic - congratulations on your faint 2nd line. I think all us LTAC-er's have to look for the positive even if it's not quite the 100% H&H baby in hand - it's the little steps and what you learn along the way that will eventually help us find our way to our goal.

For some reason, I don't usually find myself in this thread - but I know most of you - a big hi to you all!

Sep 2008

BDTime .. BullieJ wrote exactly what I was thinking, so I wont add to it . Just a little note to say, I completly understand, in no way are you delusional, you have a result, and it is a step closer to another result. And we all know what that is xx

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

BDT - I was thinking the same it shows that it is possible. I often wonder with not even a sign of it happening is it ment to be but after my melt down yesterday I will continue until I get my answer. I have given myself an unofficial deadline. DS starts school in 2011 if i am not pregnant by then well that will be it. So lets bring on the BFP. By the way I have woken up with a dreadful sore throat so really not confident now for this Cycle. So no treadmill tonight of to bedto save all my energy for fighting of this bug.( also sure that ice cream is a proven cure for a sore throat. LOL)

Before I go just a quick call for advice. We have had 4 OI cycles and 2IUI cycles after this one. I have ovulated in everyone. should I be pushing for IVF now I know that it is more invasive and costly but the failed IUI cycles are starting to add up. FS wants to do 2 more IUI cycles before investigating anything else. He said losing weight would help and lower the dosage required. Well I have lost 10kg and had to up the dose. Go figure. Sorry for the ramble just need to be empowered to take control of my situation, do I have the right to ask to move on to the next stage.

Jan 2006
    Sydney

Evening ladies...

BDT - delusional?? absolutely not....hysterical - yes!! I TOTALLY understand your excitement... you now know it CAN be done - this is half the battle. You have to laugh that something really quite sad can make us soooo happy..
    you're half way there sweetie...grasp that hope and run with it..

Sweet Saph - my opinion and mine only - time to push. Yes it will cost you a lot more, but then again, your chances are much higher.I understand your FS is thinking you are still young, have been PG before blah blah..but here's the thing in my eyes..it may not happen straight away...then maybe a few months pass etc etc and your eggs get older - yes even at 30. I so go for it. I wish I did...

Sam - glad u are concentrating on that half full glass... thankyou for your kind words. While you're feeling so happy and giving - wanna come and do my cupboards as well???

Paula - hope the BT shows some good news for your tomorrow..

Jan 2009
    Melbourne

BDT - great news, progress! that is what we want.

buliej - hi, hope you are well!

Paula - how did your BT go, was all good?

smithy - hi - I like your pink writing, so cheeerful

WLAB - good luck this cycle, was lurking in "older" thread and saw you are in progress so to speak.

Ms Pink - happy to be of service as long as you've got lots of lovely stuff to throw out. I am opposite of a hoarder!!!! The op shop loves it when I roll up to restock their shelves. Now only if I could stop the stuff getting into my house in the first place!

Saph - do what you feel best about. Your head space is most important I think. If you think IVF would be best then do it, if you think a few more IUI then do that. My AP who treats a lot of TTCers, says they are having more and more success with IUI, as less intervention. There are lots of different opinions

Hi all and lurkers, I have been lurking for a while! can only say hi to those I can scroll up and see posts as so often lose the whole post when try to go back a page and drives me to drink, hey thats a good idea!!

hey Gargy - look after yourself. Hope the kids at school are being good to you.

AFM - I am going to fortune teller tomorrow! Very excited. Love a bit of dingly bongly stuff ( that is my word for "new age" types things). Need to decide whether to stick with FS, he won't give me prednisolone as concerned for side effects and no proven reason to try it (according to him). I can get it elsewhere if I really want to try it and I figure that 5 days worth is not going to have any side effects that I don't want!!! Other decision is whether to thaw all 6 frosties and go to blastocyst, hoping to get 2 (got one out of 5 last time) or to thaw 3 and trf best 2 on day 3. The argument is whether the embryos have better chance inside womb or risk losing few good ones in dish by growing them and chosing the strongest, and whether being inthe dish weakens them. Any thoughts?

Any way happy day to you all.
    Last edited by Samandpoppy; April 21st, 2009 at 11:09 PM. : blathering on more

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Well good morning, Sam and Lulu thankyou so much for your advise. I think i will just get through this cycle as see what happens. Have further bloods tomorrow, hopefully E2 will be going back up instead of going down.

Sam good luck with the furtune teller, I have been thinking about going to see if i am ment to have another child or if DS is it. But I have never been and are a little scared of what they might say.

Paula good luck with bt today hopefully your levels are heading in the right direction.

AFM - 12th day of injections 3rd day of upped does to 100ui and I have a throat infection, so off to doctors for some antibiotics, hope this doesn't mean that I have to cancel cycle. I can say that I wasnt a picture of health when I fell preg with DS,I concieved 3 weeks after having a third of my liver removed, didnt realise I was preg until i was seven weeks as I thought I wasnt recovering well from the op. Maybe my body needs to be under the weather to fall preg.

Sending you all +ve vibes.

12311 ...