Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - June 2006 #2

Hi to you all, I'm a bit tired & just about off to be but just wanted to pop in to say hello to you lovely ladies.
    Nice to see you back Bee (well, you know what I mean)

Take care

Just popping in quickly to say hi to everyone from sunny (NOT) QLD. But, it's a nice break.
    Bee. Glad you're back although sorry to hear things have been pretty cr*ppy for you. Hope all goes well at dinner tonight.
    Hi to everyone else in here and hang in there - spring is just around the corner and that just has to be good.
    Cheers

Hi guys, hope everyone is well

Suziq I hope you are going well up north and enjoying your time there!
    Tam all the best for the following months
    Me Went to my GP today, he is just so nice, have ordered some day 21 bloods, which will mean monday for test, including thyroid prolactin and the likes, also, we will be having 3 months off TTC as i am desperatley needing a rubella vax and today my GP said, 'no babies for 3 months, be careful, or it could be a disaster, you promise me?' God this is crazy this TTC stuff... so i guess poor DH will have to use frangers!!! Talk about extremes!!!! It has been along time since we used them, I think when we first starting going out with each other, which let me see, would be mmmm nearly 8 years!!!!! LOL

I'll still be popping in to see where everyone is and send all my love to you all and of course STICKY VIBES!!!

Take care leis xxx

Leis, OMG @ frangers, I haven't heard that term for aaagggeeesss. Feeling a bit old now. Bugger on having to use them, but it's for the best.
    A question though, does Rubella immunisation run out? I had mine when I was 13 at high school.

Have a nice weekend.

Tam hun in answer to your question... yes rubella immunity can run low, mine was 74 two years ago and in that time it dropped to 25. It is suppose to be > than 10, but apparently a nurse in my health service was supposedly immune, but low like myself and she got german measles and the baby she was carrying had some deffects when it was born. Being in the environment i work in, i need to be very careful, not only for myself but for any of my patients. My GP said that it was unusual for it to drop so rapidly in such a short space of time, but hey I am a freak!!! Usually they run bloods prior to IVF and this is one thing they check. You should probably go and get yourself checked out for your immunity status. My first and only shot like yourself, was when i was in year 7!!!

Take care leis x

ann Guest

Hi Girls,
    I thought I would just pop in to say Hi!

Nothing much happening in my part of the world.

Leis, there is always something isn't there!

Hope the time flys for you so you and DH can jump back on the TTC band wagon.

Keen, I hope everything is going well for you.

I think we all have to get our act together, adn start getting a few BFP's in here. I think we have been slacking off for a while, so come on lets get going!

If only it was sooooooo simple, hey!

Luv to all

Ann (to all of us on this journey)

I know Ann.... it is becoming incredibly still in here - no one has made a permanent move out for ages! I really hope that means we will all escape together!

I tell you I was surprised to see that Rubella drops down like that - last test I had was when we first started IVF back in 2004.... wonder if I need to check it again??

confusedegg Guest

SuziQ: How are you? Hope your stay in QLD is relaxing and the weather is nice for you.

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well.

Chris

Hello everyone!
    I hope you all have sunshine! I was also suprised that the rubella could drop like that. I know I have had mine tested, but all I know is that I dont have to worry about it. I have very fond( not) memories of having the needle twice in year 7. I hated needles back then. I still do, but am used to it now.
    It is crazy Leis what we do on the TTC train heh!

I am hoping that with so many FET coming up in September that alot of you get to mass migrate out of TTC land.

Anne- miracles can happen- even to you!

Just wanted to wish all you lovely ladies a wonderful weekend.

I'm still struggling with the whole staying positive thing at the moment. Definitely need lots of LT'ers to get BFP's in the next few months to lift my spirits! We deserve it!

Take care,
    Marg

Yeah its been a bit disappointing lately hey Marg... actually I saw a post out there in the preggo forums where someone posted that they had been in here reading our posts and said "how sad it was" in here...

We must get out.... and soon. Im happy for a few others to beat me off the mark, if need be - Ann, Marg, Tam, Leis, Sue - damn there is just so many...

time to start smiling again ladies - any suggestions on how we can lift our spirits in here?

Melody Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keen
    time to start smiling again ladies - any suggestions on how we can lift our spirits in here?
    Normally I would suggest wine..... folate just doesn't give you the same buzz

I wish I could drink! I am just not a wine drinker. half a glass does me and I then put on the kettle. Sad heh! I have alwasy been like that. It worked out well for all my freinds when I was in my late teens, as I always ended up as the driver when we went out.

Krusty Guest

Hi Ladies

I have been MIA for a while and I just wanted to wish all you lovely ladies lots of and for August and Septemberhopr all is well with every one and keep your chins up I know I will be tryin.

Yes, I have noticed Folate lacking in the 'buzz' department - perhaps thats something we can work on

Like you Vic, Im not a drinker either - maybe I could hit the sugar buzz for a grin....oooohhhh remember Wizz Fizz Sherbet? That stuff would put a permanent smile on my face for hours (while I ran around in hyper mode, of course!)

Cheesecake and chocolate would do it for me! But am being so ever good and keeping it for my cycling only. Well that is the aim anyway!

I finished the book "the child within" by Linda Fiske. To be honest I did not get much out of it as really the whole book was small discussions with women who had gone though the IVF process. I have gotten alot more out of chat talking with all you girls. But saying that it would of been really helpful prior to me finding BB. If any of you girls want the book, it is yours free! Just PM me. If not I am going to see if the IVF clinic will take it. I would like to see it go to a wanted home.

I hope you all are having a good weekend. I am having a very wet weekend, which I dont mind as the water tanks needed a top up!

Hi everyone
    Hope we have some BFPs in here soon. I can't wait to see all the action in September.

And LtJules - this is the current LTAC thread. Please make yourself at home and introduce yourself. Here's hoping that you wont have to stay long and that you take the rest of the girls here out with you. I need company over in PALTTTC - especially now Humprey's just delivered Lily Sophia.

Welcome Jules! Im also with SIVF, but in sthn Sydney. Sounds like the esky adventures will be fun

LOVE Hugh Jackman, too!

Hope this time around is the one for you

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast