Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - March 2008

slyder Guest

Default Long Term Assisted Conception - March 2008

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentially.

The moderators of this forum are:

Sarah_H - Admin
    sushee - Senior Moderator
    slyder - Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Your old thread is here

Sorry to start things off on a bad note... but... AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

IVF seriously sucks sometimes!

Our last embryo didn't make it over night... and I've got no freaking idea what the next move is - I'm too upset to call the clinic back and ask, and I think DH is pretty much the same - I've asked him to call for me, but he keeps finding other things to do.

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Oh BW I'm sooooo sorry to hear that.

Oh BW,

So so so soooo sorry - what can i say. Am thinking of you.

BW - Hun, I am so, so sorry xxx
    There are just no wonderful words I can come up with at the moment that will even be the right thing to say, let alone any help xxx
    Am hoping that you gain some strength (or determination or anger or whatever you need) over the course of the day to get a hold of your FS and find out where to go from here.

All of my thoughts are with you xxxx

Mel - The only cost that I have had with Dr S was for the consult - all of the tests etc have cost nothing.
    I haven't had to have the biopsy though (at least not at this stage).
    The consult is per person - DH didn't come with me as we decided we didn't really need him to be there for the first time we saw him (We're new to Dr S but not like we're newbies to the whole IVF thing )

DH can come when we go to get our results in a week and a half!

Good luck with everything - let me know if you need any help if you decide to come and see him!

Big hello to everyone else - Hoping you're all doing ok!

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I have been away for work for a few days and didn't have any net access.

Thanks to the ladies who have asked after me. I am feeling okay after the lap - just had my AF and it was much heavier and longer than normal, which I am hoping is a good sign? I still have a bump at the point of one of the incisions which doesn't seem to be reducing in size at all. Is this normal? Is it likely to be internal stitches that haven't dissolved yet? It will be 4 weeks on Monday since the lap so I thought they would be gone by now?

My FS appointment is not until April which seems like ages away still. I was a little annoyed when I got the bill for the lap to find that a biopsy had been taken. While I have read that biopsies are sometimes done, I don't recall my FS mentioning that she would do this and it wasn't on my financial consent docs either, so that was an extra $300 that I wasn't counting on having to pay. I also thought it would have been nice for the FS to mention she had done a biopsy when she came to see me while still in hospital after the procedure. While I was still a bit fuzzy from the anaesthetic, my DF was with me.

Anyway, I have been swinging from thoughts of giving up because I am feeling so down and depressed about everything, that I am too old now and that we just aren't meant to have a baby, to thoughts that we should give the new FS a try and that I am giving up too quickly. Even now I am fighting back the tears writing this, partly because I am hurting and partly because I am missing my DF who is still overseas for work and not back until Monday afternoon. The weekends are the hardest - it's just me and my furbabies. I wish I could feel more upbeat and positive, but some days are so hard, this seems to be one of those. Time to go and hide in front of a movie and have a good cry, after some chocolate of course!

Take care all, I wish I had the strength for personals but am having trouble seeing the screen at the moment through my tears. Talk to you all soon when I have dug myself out of this slump.

xxxx

Hi Chez hun

good to see you back on line

sorry i cant help you with the bump at incision but i do recall that i had mine for a while, have you thought about putting something on it - i swear by vit E OIL or taking zinc - hope that helps

Also with regards to having the biopsy - i had this dune too when having a lap and questioned by FS as to why and she replied it is common procedure when doing a lap and they do a D&C at the time.

GL with your next appointment - the time will fly by

Hi there,

Just wondering if I can join you on this thread. Im currently going through my 4th, fresh cycle of IVF and am on day 5 of GF. I have my first scan on Wednesday to see how the old follie count is going....

Basically my background is that we have unexplained Infertility, It was not until our last failed cycle that my specalist decided to do more specific BT's ie: immune testing etc. It came back that I do have problems with my anti-bodies which could be causing implantaion failure. I can not beleive that I've had to go through all of this treatment & tests before they actually decided to do these tests on me!!!! (very frustrating).

The good thing is they now have me on a different protocol, adding baby asprin and heparin from ET. I have also been doing acupuncture which I started about a month and a half before this cycle. I have already found the results from ACU amazing.... So im praying that with this new protocol we will have our long awaited BFP

Anyway I would love to chat with you ladies and I hope its ok that I have butted in on your thread.

I look forward to chatting to you x

Smartie, lovely to have you join us. I'm currently recovering from my second round of immune-related blood tests - 13 vials this time! When I did Dr S's tests I only had 11 vials taken, so I'm running on the assumption that there's a few more tests this time (or at least different ones)... and freaking out a little... also seriously dizzy and feeling sick, so I'll stop here...

BW

hi smartie - and welcome to the nut house!!

BW - take it easy hun - that's a whole lot of blood to have those vampires take from you!

Thanks so much for the welcome girls,

Butterfly_warrior: I know what you mean with those vials, Made me laugh when I went in for mine, my DH went in for his annual tests, he was freaking and he had one vial taken!!! He then saw the nurse getting all my vials ready and swore that he was going to faint - hehe so funny

Briggsygirl, sorry to sound so blunt, where abouts are you at??? Will you be doing a FET soon or are you on a break at the moment???

smartie - i had an FET at the end of Feb - and got BFN result last wednesday. AF has arrived on the weekend, so now, i'm back in waiting mode. i live in the middle of nowhere (well, not really, but far enough out of the city that we have a regional clinic) - so we only get to cycle every couple of months. think the next opportunity is late April. No idea what we're going for now as my nurse was on holidays last week, so i think i'll have to ring her on Wednesday... in the meantime, i'm on a countdown to a roadtrip - and meeting some of my bb girls over the weekend!!

Hi ladies,

Well I have just come back from scan, im pretty excited. I had 9 follies on my right ovary all measuring the exact same size, they doctors even said it looked like a text book ovary!!! Then they went over to my non performing left ovary (I have never had more than 1-2 follies in all my cycles collected) and oh my goodness there were 7 follies!!!!! 5 were smaller than right ovary and 2 were about the same size (im so happy) Hopefully over the next couple of days the smaller ones will play catch up

I defintely put in down to the ACU. Nurses are ringing me later to let me know when next scan is but thinking that its going to be Saturday....

Anyway hoping that you are all good, I will let you know when my next scan is.

See yah xx

Hi all

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very happy and relaxing Easter break.

Cherylxx

Hey Smartie

That sounds great! Hope all goes well for you.

'HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE'

Hello Ladies

Unfortunately DH and I are back from our holiday no BB for a week and am madly trying to catch up now

Firstly welcome Smartie great scan results hun and good luck!

BW - That completely sucks big time so sorry hun :hugs:

BG - Hope AF is playing nice and so sorry to hear about the BFN.

Chez - Happy Easter to you too hun!!

PP, Holly, Mel, Megan - How are you going?

Things here are okay holiday was fantastic nice and relaxing for the 2nd half. The first couple of days were stressful waiting for the embys to grow and hopefully survive, we have no reception so had to keep driving down the mountain in case the clinic had called.. and a small miracle from the 4 day 1 embys we got 2 great blasts on day 5 so they were put back on Monday and now we wait! Taking the asprin and praying!

Have a great Easter ladies

Shan

Shannon, welcome back. Happy to hear you had a relaxing break. What a great result to get 2 blasts out of your 4 day 1 embies. Hope the TWW is treating you well, and look forward to some good news from you soon.

Smartie, welcome to the LTAC thread. Great results from your scan, and good to hear you are getting such positive results with acupuncture.

I have finally jumped in to my fet cycle after a long break. Had a scan yesterday (I have never had such a painful scan) but knew it was way too early. Biggest follicle was only 9mm. Back on Monday for another scan and BT. Monday will be CD17. My nurse thinks it's late, even though she looked at my history when I met her last week and last 2 fets I O'd on 19 and 22. Why do they think everyone is text book? Obviously since we are doing IVF, we're not text book and they should listen to us. I'm getting really frustrated with them at the moment. I think half the time she doesn't even have my history in front of her when she calls me with results. Honestly, I feel like all the time.

Hi Ladies - Happy Easter

Shannon: Awesome results chick about your blasts, when is your test date??

Well I have just come back from 2nd scan, and I will be having my Egg Collection on Monday, still smaller follies on my left side, but hoping that they will grow a little be then

I hope everyone is well and eating lots of chocolate

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast