Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - October '05 #2

Hi everyone
    Gee, what a good day today's been - lot's of laughs.
    Trish, LOL at your comment. I wasn't thinking when I posted that. No, they don't give that out at the clinic.
    You too Sheree - the number plate. That's a damn good sign I reckon. All of the new vehicles coming into our fleet now have AF plates. We've had them for a few months now. I only made the connection yesterday and then you posted your comment. I tell myself it's good, AF is everywhere around me so I won't be needing it again. As for the dreaded stick, I'm glad you rewarded yourself with a Koala. Mint Slice for me though. We all know they're as hopeless as AF at getting it right though.
    How are you *Tam*? 6 pessaries - hmmmmm. I'm going the Pregnyl shots post ET this time.
    How did you get on Keen? I came away from my appointment feeling good, hope you did too.
    Hey Blue, where are you???? Come and play, do the homework after dinner.
    Well, Sushee, get much work done today? :badgrin:
    Hi Bee, hope you're rolling along ok.
    I had my CD2 BT today. The nurse asked if I wanted my FSH levels taken as well to check my ovarian reserve. Yes, I said, why not????? She said they weren't too bad last time so I'm feeling a little better about the age/quality of my eggs. Told her I wanted to stay very well informed this cycle re levels etc and she's more than happy to oblige. Good news also on the donor front. They've recruited quite a lot of potential donors - hopefully, they'll be fine by the end of the quarantine period. Love that word - recruited. Sounds like they're talent scouts or something. A lot of them are people who've had their family through IVF and want to help others. Puregon starts tomorrow.
    Take it easy
    Love
    Sue

yep I know. now i have the "other" test sitting my car calling my name - I will have to hide it on myself LOL 8-[

excellent news Suzi. I'm glad my desperation brings you a laugh LOL

Yes, but just remember one thing Sheree. You'll get payback in a coupla weeks. You'll be kicking back in PG A LT TTC. You can have a field day with me. I say, get the other stick out of the way now. You know it will be BFN cause it's too soon. Then you won't think about doing it any more....will you.......will you?

Hey SuziQ, good to hear that the clinic will keep you updated. Just make sure you ask for all results and copies of your tests and file. But then again I'm fairly "anal" about filing/records etc LOL

......I don't know!!!!!! :-#

SuzAn*l is my real name. I didn't realize I could get copies of my test results? Must try that.

Sheree, lol, I was wondering where the other test was when I was reading your first post, perhaps we should share a double pack!!!

Sue, I had to double check what went on at your clinic, I think when doing IUI that was my fastest 'quickie'.
    Re, the 6 pessaries, on my IUI cycles I had Pregnyl & pessaries, just give me the works.
    Hmm, wonder if I could substitute some pessaries for Pregnyl shots. I should learn to get used to them since I'll have to continue for my first trimester (does that sound possitive or what, I think I'm getting better)

Bee, can't remember when your scan is, how's the follie count going?

Blue Sky Guest

Hi All,
    Sheree - I want you to keep your eyes peeled for a 'PG 280' numberplate! Good to hear you're keeping your eyes open about those POAS! Hang in there.
    Tam - keep up that positive thinking!
    Sue - glad to hear your BT went well today! And yay to all the new recruits!! Lol on the name - took me a while to figure out... #-o
    Hope things are doing well for you Bee - did you have a scan today?
    Trish - hows the sniffing going?
    Sushee - do you get the Thelma and Selma jokes at your work? Or do I just watch way too much Simpsons?

As for me, nothing, nup, nada zip going on here. Waiting on AF and then decide on whether to go this round or not. As you might see from the ticker, AF is taking its sweet ass time but that's ok - the longer it takes to arrive, the more likely I am to say "BRING IT ON"!!
    Hope you're having a great evening.
    Cheers
    H

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Heather
    I was wondering about your CD - any chance on earth ? for al la natural ?
    I won't presume to know and can't remember why you are doing IVF
    or ask if you poas
    but have you ?

Tip: Red wine does not taste so good after a sniff ...

give me a hint what is PG 280 ?

STOP RIGHT THERE SHEREE!

If my memory serves me correctly, you are one of the original "I never POAS" claimers from way back. You and Sush make me laugh. Quick to dish out the advice but even quicker to ignore that same advice.

Good to know you're as weak as p&ss as the rest of us.

Have a tim tam slam after the next one - I highly recommend it as therapy.

Blue Sky Guest

Trish -
    Ahhh yes, I was curious and did a POAS about a week ago. Nah, no good. I've got PCOS and my cycles are all over the shop anyway. When I started my IVF cycles I had to take progesterone to bring on AF. Might have to do that again.

PG = pregnant. 280 = 40(wks) x 7(days).
    hehehe

- books are calling.. :smt079
    Cheers
    H

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hey I should have got that - #-o

Don't feel bad Trish, I would have posted the same question except my puter is on a go slow. So much for high speed broadband.

Sheree - am hoping the absence of symptoms is not an indicator for you, sweetie. But understand your feelings of frustration... and yep way too early for hpt - so dont you touch it... have yourself another Caramello Koala instead!

Bee - hope the scan went well. Did your gonal does get upped?

Tam - am hoping the sore bbs are a good sign. Despite having four pessaries a day I never had the sore bbs, so fingers crossed for you.

Sue - thats great that they are going to be keeping you well informed and great news for others who are going to be requiring a donor if they have "recruited" several new donors.

Heather - hope AF gets to you soon - she never shows when she's wanted does she? ](*,) By the way - how smart are you with the PG 280 thing - I didnt get it either #-o

Well today was the first time I cried at the docs surgery - damn it! Wasnt happy about allowing myself to cry like that, but really couldnt control it. Am going ahead again... a few things will be different this cycle. Closer monitoring of prog levels straight after transfer. Will be staying on the 100ui of Provera. Doc says does not want to go lower as is a fine line between not being enough and being too much (for me) and lower levels at the start do not give all follies the potential to grow... apparently.

You'd think Id be totally happy to be back in the game again, but am not yet. Cant explain why - guess as each chance goes by its usual to lose hope a little..

Hi everyone
    What you're feeling is perfectly normal Keen. It's only been just over a week since you got your -ve remember. It's a grieving process. Always remember that and give your heart and mind time to heal. You're entitled. I'm amazed at you and other women who can hop straight back on. I can't afford to wait now due to my age, but in years gone by always had a break of 6 months - always too scared to have that disappointment again. You'll be fine
    So, Sheree, how did you go?......
    *Tam* back to work? The distraction may be good.
    Blue, 42 day cycles as just not fair.
    Hi to everyone else, gotta go and jab.
    Love
    Sue :luck:

OK OK I'm a hypocrite, it was the indigestion that did it to me oh and the pessaries.............I left the "other one" in the car and am ignoring it. ](*,)

Keen, Suz was right (I think) in that you've only just experienced a BFN and that type of thing stays with you awhile. Just because you are starting off on a less than optimistic approach doesn't mean it will effect the results of the next "round". Frequent cycling can be tuff. I have no tips for getting thru it, other than if you have made up your mind to do another one, then put your head down and focus on the challenge ahead. Please plan for some "you" time and "couple" time though.

Aaaah Tam, good to hear you are on an "upper". LOL re IUI being quickies, I like that one. =D>

Heather, aahhh waiting for AF. I still marvel at how we wait for her to come and then we wish her to stay away. I wonder if she has an ego problem.

PG 280 - good one!!!

You ladies are definitely coming up with some gems.

Thanks, it helps me pass the time and understand/feel that I'm not the only one doing this.

Keen, don't worry cos I know exactly what you mean. For some reason just before the first down reg scan on every cycle I get competely ratty and have the sh*%s with the world. You'd think I'd be happy to be back on the wagon but for some reason I freak out. It doesn't make it any better when you keep going back and "there is no reason why it shouldn't have happened by now". Oh well, I keep thinking it will be even better than a normal pregnancy when it does happen...

Sheree, I rely on you and Sushee for the wise old owl comments and advice and you go and do something like POAS this early??!! Stop being naughty and start being a role model for me

Hi Tam, Blue, Sue, Trish and Sushee. Hope I didn't miss anyone 8-[

Enough of the old Bee

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast