Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - October '05 #2

In my defence, I was just testing my theories LOL, and the conclusion is what I have always beleived, HPTs do f*ck with your head O

Sorry, young and lovely Sheree. At least you learnt from your mistake and won't do it again...will you... 8-[

Forgot to tell you, I had about 8 follies on either side and have upped GonalF to 300. I've never been on 300 before so I'm very eggs-cited \/ I go back for another scan on Fri and should know then when pick up is.

Oops...can't have babies and can't use the computer properly either... 8-[

Bee your follie numbers are excellent.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

yeah Bee you have a bumper number

goodluck

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen, hunny, it is hard, this up and down and up and down, not knowing when the hell it's going to work, whether you're going to get to the finish line. It's emotional and it's tough, and it's understandable that you need time to grieve, be angry and be torn apart.

I always hear about how IVF/ LT TTC can change a person, how it's one of the most challenging things you can do in life. I think that's particularly true of IVFers/ARTers who have to face cycle after cycle of BFNs and disapointments. It's like nothing in the world to feel like your body is letting you down, like you're such a failure to not be able to do what even the crack addict down the street can do when she's off her face. I know how that feels.

And that's why I think this particular forum is so important. We all know how you feel, my sweet, and we feel it with you. And we will support you. And we will embrace you when you finally get that big pg belly (like they have me, thanks girls) You know we love ya, Keen!

Humphrey,

I tell everyone not to POAS, but I never intended it to apply to me!

Actually I am, and have always been, all for POASing. How could I not be when I've never done a cycle without spending at least $50 on various HPTs?

But I turned out to be the perfect example of why you shouldn't trust 'em. 11dpo with a -ve HPT and I was pg. You hear that, Sheree? Got an incorrect result at 11dpo, let alone 6dpo.

To all and sundry in the TWW, POAS to your heart's content! I suspect I encouraged Ali (bbtrail) so much she was using 4 a day!

love
    sushee

Oh and the fact that I got the "Thelma/Selma" thing shows you that your'e not the only one who watches too much Simpsons, blue! Lucky my days of working the counter at a Licensing Centre are long behind me!

Bee, excellent number of follies, hopefully more to come with the increased dose!

SuziQ, where are you?

love
    sushee

Sorry guys - have edited this post so as to not offend anyone.

Sheree - you go girl - I know this is the cycle for you.

Hey Humphrey, if I had a magic wand I would give all the ladies a BFP so that we all can progress to the pg threads. All I can do though is let you know how my experiences have effected me. I detect a tone of offense from you??

Hi everyone, just another real quickie - at work - they're pretty strict here. Behave Trish!
    Got my BT results, all baseline levels are nice and normal. Nurse gave me the figures which actually mean nothing to me - I can feel a spreadsheet coming on....
    My ovarian reserve score was 10.1. That's a little higher than I would have liked, but the doctor has no concerns about it at all so I'll trust him. That won't stop me hopping on the puter tonight and checking it out though!! We all have our little weaknesses don't we?
    Ciao for now
    Sue
    :luck:

Hey excellent news Sue. If you like, email me and I can give you a link to a site that goes through the different hormone levels at different times. Plus you can have a look at my pride and joy, spreadsheets that is LOL

God no Sheree!!! I'm just trying to be funny. Sorry stoopid internet doesn't pick up my sense of humour very well. Hope I didn't offend you honey!! This whole thing just sux and I just try to lighten the mood a bit. I admire your strength and determination and it's good to see you do silly things like POAS way early like I do.

Think I'll go and bury my head in the sand now - gotta keep my big trap shut.

Hi girls,

just wanted to know if any of you received a reply from Tony Abbott re the Medicare cuts to IVF from earlier this year? I wrote to him easily 5 months ago at least and only recently got a reply.

His letter to me talked about sympathy for my personal situation (not in those words) but how the govt must decide the most cost effective way of spending taxpayers money, and must make hard decisions on all sorts of treatments and their value for money (again I'm paraphrasing, but you get the picture) and that Australia has the cheapest IVF avlb in the world.

I feel like writing back about how, after 5 stim cycles and 3 FETs, I finally fell pg, and had his '4 cycles a year' rule come in, I would not likely be pg today. That while his govt thinks nothing of funding abortions and an increase in maternity payment, it seems hypocritical to then say that IVF should be more expensive when nearly 1 and 6 women will need assistance to fall pg at a time of Australia's declining population.

How does it make sense to make it more attractive for one segment of society for fall pg (the fertile ones) and on the other hand make it more difficult for another segment of society (the ones struggling with infertility) to have children? DH and I spent over $15k on IVF, and have never asked for it to be free, but would simply like a fair go. If you can hand out $3000 per child (soon to be $4000), whether unplanned, unwanted or uncared for, why not then help people who are getting into hock already to achieve their dream of having a child. These children would definitely be planned, wanted and cared for. What sort of parents do we want for our children anyway?

While he did say in his conclusion that no decisions about IVF funding would be made until the independant review was completed early next year, I think the outcome may already be a foregone conclusion by the way his letter was leaning.

Just thought I'd let you girls know.

Love
    sushee

=D> With you 100% on that one Sush. Totally!
    How is everyone?
    Doing a sneaky at work so can't do personals, but hope you're all and travelling ok. Especially Sheree and *Tam* wading through the murky 2ww.
    Hormones are playing havoc with me already. Hate to think what this 2ww is gunna be like if the last 2 days are anything to go by....
    Love
    Sue

Sue, how's your ready on ovarian reserve going? There's always something new to learn isn't there.

Sush, not sure what to say about the letter, damn pollies!

Bee, happy follie growing

Trish, have you seen the witch yet?

I've got a spotting problem, started Tuesday night. I spoke to my clinic & she said that it's probably from the low P4 levels from Monday's BT. I thought it'd gone but it's still there, Not much, but a bit too red for my liking.
    Nurse said not to worry but it's going to make for a long week.

Hope you're holding out too Sheree.

Tam - hang in there & Sheree too

The witch has been here but hopefully heading away for 9 months [-o< from all of us

Hi everyone
    Oh *Tam*, that first spot feels like being kicked in the g*ts doesn't it? We all know it can be implantation bleeding though so try not to worry?
    How are you feeling Sheree? Hope you're going ok.
    Hey Blue, where are you.....
    Hi Trish, Sush, Keen, Bee and anyone else sashaying in here, hope you're all rolling along.
    I'm having a Mental Health Day today. Safer for my colleagues. Can't believe the effect my meds have had on my head so quickly. Or maybe it's the fact that the go-ahead happened so quickly when I'd just about resigned myself to this ride being over for me. Teary, snappy, paranoid 8-[ So, I'll be flopping around and having a nice rainy day on the lounge.
    Take it easy.
    Love
    Sue :luck:

Hi Sue
    have a nice days sweet and not too many Mint slices
    have you got lots of sick leave - good you work for council.
    I checking messages quickly then have to work today :-s

BBL

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast