Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - October '05 #2

Hi Shazey and welcome.
    Glad you're here but sorry you meet the criteria iykwim.
    I'm on an ICSI flare cycle. Started my meds this week too and expecting opu early November.
    Tell us a little about yourself.....

what would you like to know

Anything you feel comfortable sharing with us!! I'm not being a sticky beak. Just getting to know you. Which clinic are you with?

Blue Sky Guest

Hi All,
    Hope you're having a nice evening and gearing up for a great weekend!

Welcome Shazey - pull up a pew! Or maybe make it a deck chair so you can pack it up & take it with you when you graduate from here!!
    Sue - how are you going after your MHD today? Nice & relaxed I hope.
    Magic - Nooice moniker luv. Found that numberplate yet?
    Bee - great follicle numbers petal! Good luck for your EPU next week!
    Sushee - Hi! How are you today?
    Tam - hope the spotting has stopped. I too am crossing things for you!
    Mel - Hi! Hope that dredded work lets you be soon!
    Keen & Trish - Hi - hope you're doing well!

Well, AF still hasnt arrived and Dr said to start on the tablets to bring on a bleed. I POAS this morning just to double check... hehehe who was I fooling!! Am now a bit aprehensive about it... do I start now & have the TWW hanging over my head during exams? Or do I wait it out & give it a good go when exams are over & stress levels are back to normal? Hmmmmm
    Take care!
    H

Blue Sky Guest

LOL - My ticker just keeps stretching longer & longer!

Double LOL - just checked this morning's POAS in case it changed it's mind from this morning. I think I heard it laugh at me...

Im I with Hunter IVF, I have a DD 13 years and a DS 11 years from my first marriage and a DD 6 years from this marriage. I had my first tubal pregnancy in 93 and lost my fallopian tube, so I guess I am pretty lucky to have my DS and DD. In 2003 I had 2 more tubal pregnancies the first one grew in a part of the right tube (stump) that wasnt removed the second one in the left tube a few months later. My husband and I decided we would give IVF a go as we had not completed our family.
    The first cycle I got 6 follicles and all fertilized, I had a fresh transfer with two 8 cell embryos - BFN
    I then had a natural FET with 2 4 cell embryos - BFN
    I then had a medicated FET but the 2 embryos didnt divide over night and they had lost a cell each - BFN
    My husband wasnt keen on going through anymore treatment but I feel my childbearing days are not over ( probably selfish) I think what makes it hard for me is that I work as a midwife and deliver babies everyday and the joy and love I see makes me want it even more, also because I have a 6 year old bugging me continuously about when is she going to get a baby brother or sister like all her friends.
    Sorry about the long post I hope I havent bored too many of you, I think you all now know all about me in a nutshell. LOL

Hey Blue, good to see you.
    I take my hat off to you for only poas a couple of times. I'd have been doing it daily every day from CD30! You're not fooling yourself - pretty normal behaviour I reckon.
    What to do with you? Hmmmm. Do whatever will cause you the least amount of stress. When are your exams? You don't want to miss one because you have to attend the clinic for a procedure. You don't want to be putting too much on yourself eg exams and IVF at the same time. On the other hand they may both be a good distraction from the other. If you think you can wait for IVF and get through your exams without obsessing about delaying IVF, I'd do that. Hmmmm, not being much help am I? Did you find out if you will get caught in the clinic closure?
    Great to see you in here - love that sense of humour.
    I've been a big yuk-ball all day. No valid reason for that except the meds.
    Love
    Sue

Gee Shazey, you certainly have been through the mill.
    And being surrounded by bubs at work must compound things when you're having a bad day. Must be a rewarding job though. Nice happy customers....
    You're not being selfish in wanting another child. And, I sure can't comment about long posts!! I just thought it would be nice to get to know you.
    I wish you good luck with everything.
    Sue

Hi Blue thanks for the welcome, I was just wondering what you are studying you can tell me to mind my own business if you like curiosity got the better of me, try not to study too hard its not good for the brain LOL I know when I study my brain hurts I think its filled to maximum capacity I no longer retain information because there is no where else to store it so it goes in one ear and out the other ( I always thought I had a hollow head ) now I know for sure.
    Good luck with your exams

Blue Sky Guest

Hi again
    Shazey, am studying Health Info Management part time. Also working part time. thanks for your good wishes. I feel for you & your IVF rollercoaster ride to date. Hoping this cycle is the one for you!

Thanks for your advice Sue. Exams are mid november. Am going to take some time off work. So one less stress to deal with. I have been playing with my trusty spreadsheet to work out rough dates of when the witch might show, when transfer might be and the beta date. not helping. I need a formula to tell me what to do...

Hi girls
    Blue, I suggest asking Magic for a formula. Not only is she a wizz with spreadsheets, she also has a wand!!!
    How are you going Magic? Getting close now. Can you sit still?
    *Tam* are you feeling better? When is your Beta?
    Bee, hope you'll have a relaxing weekend, so you'll be nice and ready for your huge harvest on Tuesday.
    What's new with you Trish? How's the cycling - both kinds.
    Yoohooo Keen, is everything OK?
    Hope you're travelling well Shazey, don't get too comfy in here. With a bit of luck, we'll all be outta here by Christmas.
    Hey Sush, hi if you manage to boot the kids off the puter over the weekend.
    I think that's everyone. Hi to anyone else visiting.
    Up nice and early today for my 2 jabs. Looks like a nice day coming up. Good, I'll be able to get outside in the garden and get my hands in the dirt. I think that's what I need to fix my head. And, no, I don't mean rubbing dirt onto my head Blue.
    Have a good weekend.
    Love
    Sue
    :luck:

Boo Sush

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Wow - Shazey - thanks for sharing your story - yay at starting Synarel ... I am a week ahead of you but we will be in 2 ww together

it is hotting up in here

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning girls,

am on the puter trying to reformat the flash drive I got my dad for his bd. Seems like it's not working, which is a poo coz I got it from the USA, so returning it will be hell.

Magic, my love, since I'm here, good luck for your beta in case I don't see you before then. Don't forget to sms me!

Bee, I personally found that less stress made cycling easier, and I seemed to respond to the drugs better too. No surprise that my first cycle after Shay moved to his dad's was the one where I got the most follies and the most mature eggs. But if you're having time off from work, it probably balances everything out, IYKWIM.

Sue, nice to hear the weather is better over there. Still al little overcast here in Perth, but am getting a haircut today, so am feeling great myself!

Tam, was hoping you'd checked in re the spotting, but I'm also hoping no news in good news.

Shazey welcome, as a mum of three kids prior this this IVF pg, I have to say that I understand how you feel about wanting more. I too feel greedy sometimes, but doesn't make it less hard.

Keeeeeennnn....? where are yooooouuuu????

love
    sushee

Hi girls, how are you all?
    I have a question. Sorry if it's tmi!
    I have had loads and loads of EWCM since yesterday (Fri). Only started my FSH (Puregon) on Wednesday? Lucrin on Monday. I always end up with plenty, even on natural cycles. But, has anyone ever had it happen so quickly?
    Maybe I'm gunna go off real quick, so to speak....
    Love
    Sue

Keen, wherever you are, I hope you're ok.

Agreed Sue ... it's unlike Keen to be missing for any length of time without telling someone. Keen, hope things are okay.

Sue, your early EWCM sounds pretty promising. It's great that you always get so much because I used to get just about nil! Still I know what you mean ... you don't want to be sitting there worrying that you'll miss the boat after all the preparation. What does your clinic say?

Good luck for tomorrow Sheree ...

Bee darling, thinking of you for your OPU. Are you going to the Moneymasons or the Womens?

Good morning everyone. Beautiful day here by the look of it.
    Thanks Melbo. I'll call my clinic tomorrow. Not due for BT 'til Tuesday but I'd like them to do it earlier if possible. Considering they only do EPU on the coast on Thursdays. Don't really want to go to Sydney unless I absolutely have to. My clinic is closed on Sundays and Saturday arvos unless they have ETs to do.
    Magic......how are you?
    *Tam*, are you hanging in there? Only 3 more sleeps.
    Blue, is that ticker getting any shorter?
    What's new with you Trish? How's the deadly treadly?
    Hi to Bee, Sush, Shazey and anyone else popping in. Hope you're all having a relaxing weekend. Still looking out for you Keen...
    Love
    Sue :
    :luck:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast