Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - October '05

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Long Term Assisted Conception - October '05

Hello Ladies,

Welcome to October If you'd like to join the list, please include your details as per below and if you have any suggestions as to things that might like to be added to the list, please email one of your Forum Moderators, Keen, Lucy or Cailin.

Name -
    State -
    My Previous Cycle Length -
    Cycle Type -
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC -
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra Info -

Name - SuziQ
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 49 (stim) - 26
    Cycle Type - ICSI (donor sperm)
    Months of TTC - 15 years (with a 4 year break) - 43 years old, no bubs (yet)
    Medications - Too many + various herbal potions
    Important Dates - Donor shortage has put things on hold for me - temporarily
    Extra Info - 43 years old with no kids (yet). 11 years TTC with ex-hubby. Biological clock says 5 minutes to midnight so flying solo now

Name - Blue Sky (Heather)
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - 37 - 21 - 38 - 30 -45
    Cycle type - HRT FET (once AF shows... waiting waiting!)
    Months of TTC – Many years pre AC, 12 months AC, almost 12 months IVF
    Medications – None at present
    Important Dates – Waiting on AF – ETA 12/10

Name - Baby~amore` (Trish)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 33 (FET cycle with Pregnyl) , 22
    Cycle Type - Long down reg Stim cycle OCT / NOV
    Months of TTC - 12 years # 1, 12 months #2
    Medications - Elevit, Synarel 13/10, Puregon etc
    Important Dates - 13 wks to Christmas
    Extra Info - Adopted DS 11yrs ago
    DD born still 1/9/04 @26 weeks no known cause of death
    IVF #1 & FET #1 BFN, FET#2 - Embryo failed thaw
    Right salpingectomy. Fibroids. Unexplained infertility.

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

[-X Keen, no more of those bad birthday present thoughts, OK? Symptoms, no symptoms, symptoms, no symptoms..... you know there's no rhyme nor reason to them. But, I know, they muck around with your sanity. Some women have heaps of symptoms but it's just those hormones playing evil tricks. And, some women have none and.... Wahlah (I think I just made up another word). It means 'hey presto'. And, what a birthday celebration you will be having this year.
    IVFA charged me an extra $500 for ICSI. I think on the whole SIVF are a little more expensive - they all seem to run their own race. I was with SIVF years ago - Dr Bowman (he was just starting out...)
    PS I had relatives who used to live in Wollongong. Also, when I went OS I met a lovely lady at Heathrow airport. Long story, but turned out she lives in Port Kembla and her brother used to teach me at High School here on the CC. Small world. We got lost together on our first day shopping. Anyway, her name is Rose and she works at Grace Bros in Wollongong. Gee, I'm sure you know her #-o
    Anyway, I've just finished that book that has taken 2 months to read. Off to flick through some Africa brochures. Lucky I'm loaded.
    Sue

Blue Sky Guest

Took me all day but I got it in the end... wahlah = voila!! tehehehe
    Keen, I think you're in the throws of the 2WW madness... hold on, it will all be over soon!! Thinking of you and bib and bub!
    Sorry for the short posts everyone, have finally finished an assignment and my head is spinning/throbbing/doing cartwheels - hope you're enjoying your long weekend! will think of you when I'm at work tomorrow...grrr.
    take care
    h

:chairfall: ok ok so I can't spell French (?). Well done on getting the assignment finished Blue

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I just found out about this very interesting study on poor ovarian response -premature aging ovaries and a new treatment with significant results - I can PM the website

Damn it! Just lost a huge post! Hate having to retype it.... never comes out quite as well.

Heather - well done on finishing an assignment! One less thing to worry about, although I bet you probably have more anyway - they seem neverending dont they??! #-o

Sue, Im loving the Wahlah! You've put a nice aussie spin on it . By the way had to crack up when you mentioned Rose - because I DO know her! Not very well I might add, but I used to work at Grace Bros in Wollongong too, so knew her from there - but we were on different floors in different depts. OMG Wollongong is always like that - everyone knows everyone else and what everyone is doing!

Trish, that study sounds very interesting - gotta love it when they find a new treatment that actually works! I personally have not had any problems with ovarian response (yet).... just everything else! LOL!

Well, I'll take your advice Sue and TRY not to think about symptoms or the lack of them.... I know is not much point just have to wait untilo Sat to know one way or the other... Am hoping so much for a lovely birthday pressie.

Hi everyone
    Happy 3rd day of the weekend to all of us NSW'ers ...
    :shock: that you know Rose, Keen. CC is a bit small like that too. You're on the home run now kiddo.
    Trish, that web site is really interesting. Some things there for me to mull :-k over. Wish we had more organisations like that here in Australia! Mind you, I still haven't really done too much research. Keep pushing the whole thing to the back of my mind. Then it sneaks back in.
    Hi to all you girls who are working today. At least it's a change from assignments Blue. Hope you're all well.
    I'll be heading back outside to start a new book and make the most of this gorgeous weather.
    Love
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

'Lo all,

Yes, I am this first to admit that I could not get on the puter this weekend. And not coz of the kids so much as the fact that I went for a big walk on Sat, then was a bit sore after, and spent most of the weekend in bed.

The good news is that my mum and I went for lunch on Saturday morning and had rather a civilised conversation for once, and she admitted that she can be inconsiderate of me sometimes, but it's often petulance at the ease in which I don't seem to need her. She compared me to my sister, who is very dependant on my mother, and she explained that she feels sometimes like she is closed off from my life. I explained that this has happened over time, and that if she wants to be a part of our lives, she must learn to respect me as a person, and to understand that criticism is not going to bring me closer to her.

Not being jaded, but we'll have to see if the truce lasts.

Sheree, sound like you're going great guns! I am amazed that they could see any follies, so am heartened by 5-7 visible ones. Sounds very hopeful for a good batch. I am really really [-o< this is the one for you.

Sue, none of the ones here were single, unfortunately. But hey, I haven't stopped looking! A single man would be far easier to vet for the donation, I gather?

Ann, I gathered when you didn't post that the news wasn't good. I remember with your last cycle as well, the Doctor reckoned your progesterone levels were optimum for a pg, and didn't understand why it hadn't worked. I don't get it either. I hope that this isn;t truly the end of the road for you.

love
    sushee

Hey Sushee. Sorry you're sore from your walk. See, exercise, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Sounds like you got plenty of rest yesterday anyway.
    So happy to hear about your mum. Hopefully, now you've laid your cards on the table things will improve.
    Yes, a single man would not only be easier but more enjoyable to boot. But, there's still the old STD (I'm not talking phone calls either) problem to take into account. Can't win!! Was trawling around on the net last night trying to find groups for women travelling alone. So much more expensive than sharing. Again, a bloke would solve that problem too! It'll happen when it's meant to happen.
    I have to share this. Just popped inside to get some water. Am looking out the front window and the front yard has been invaded by ducks. The 84 year old lady in the adjoining duplex is annoyed. There are just the 2 of us here. She has grabbed some grapefruits (the size of a small African nation by the way) from one of our trees and is rolling them at them. Not a lot of momentum behind her so the ducks are just stepping to one side and watching the grapefruit roll down the hill and into the yard of the house across the road.
    Hope you're enjoying work...
    Love
    Sue

Sush, so happy to hear you had the chance to lay it all out for your mum and let her know what she needs to do if she wants to be a part of your life. Heres hoping the truce lasts for you.

You take it easy hon - think I can see early mat leave on your cards...

Sue - hee hee hee, am loving the mental image I have of those ducks and the old lady - LMAO!

hello-o-o-o-?
    Where is everyone?
    How are you surviving the 2ww wobblies Keen? Only a few days left.
    You still travelling ok Sherree? Hope those follies are still growing...
    I finally took a huge leap and advertised for a donor on another board yesterday. Eeeeek. Not sure what I think I'll do if I get a response. Nothing yet though. Lots of views but no replies. One teeny weeny little step at a time.
    Hi Sushee, Trish, Bee, *Tam* and everyone else.
    Love
    Sue

Hey Blue
    How are the assignments going? And the waiting to cycle? Hanging in there?
    I didn't mean to forget you in my previous post, just wanted to send you a special one - just for you....
    Love
    Sue

Hi Suzi
    I'm around but in the "duldrums", not really sociable #-o I'm still stimming and have another BT and Scan tomorrow - E2 not really rising that much so scan tomorrow will be interested, blast, I could get [email protected]!#[email protected]#[email protected]#$ ](*,)

:-$ about that getting cancelled idea. I'm sure you won't. You're off to a good start. Good luck tomorrow, try to stick your head in tomorrow and let us know how much those follies have grown!!!!
    Sorry you're feeling cra*ppy - we can all understand that. Just don't go getting ahead of yourself [-X
    Love
    Sue

Thanks for that Sue, I think I will cancell my accupuncture tonight and go home early - what do you think?

What do you have the acupuncture for? Is it for TTC reasons or something else? If it's not for anything that might help with bub or your peace of mind, I'd can it and go home and spoil myself if I were you.
    An early knock off is always nice - I had one today. Very early - like 11am. Tendonitis in my shoulder. Bit hard when you spend your day at a computer. Hmm, it's ok here....... Can't get in to see my doc until Wednesday next week - he's on hols and I had no painkillers. So, I came home and am looking through travel brochures for South Pacific. :-s Not sure why I'm doing that either!!! Can't afford it. I always find flicking through travel books relaxing, dreaming....
    :? Love
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I've had slow climbs, then sudden surges too. You've had too many bad things happen to you, Sheree, that you expect it to have a hard time of it everytime. Put the idea out of your head!

Hhhmmm travell and holidays, I keep thinking of where I could go but bl**dy IVF is making me very strapped for cash....The accupuncture is for TTC but something that I undertook myself IYKWIM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast