Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - October 2006

Hi gals,

Hope your all doing well and doing reasonably well in the land of ltttc. It can be so hard and frustrating, and i havent been ttc for as long as some of you but this last year and a half feels like forever iykwim??

Just quickly - Lou - no she wont mind if dh doesnt come for the first consult!

Keen - honey im hopeful she can help me and ann achieve our dreams, she did it with one of my closest friends so Ive seen it from one of my most trusted sources, so i understand about you being sceptical right now. But im with ann, ill try anything, and I suppose im doing this before heading down the ivf road.

Wishing you all loads of luck
    Lisa

ann Guest

Hi Girls,

Just thought I would pop in and say Hi!

Nothing much happening in my part of the world, just waiting for AF to show up, hopfully Sat. Nurse rang yesterday to tell me that if AF didn't arrive by Sun, I'm out for yet another cycle, so this bloody body of mine will do as it is supposed to,(or I will not be happy, it would have been 4 cycles I have missed due to the witch not showing up on time). But I am being hopefull.

Enjoying the nice rain, I hope they are getting it where they need it most.

Luv to all

Ann

PS Where have all the BFP's gone?

Hi Girls,

Need good thoughts for tomorrow, am going for my scan to check lining and if all not ok I will be switched to a artificial FET which I don't want.
    Will update you tomorrow.

Big Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

Hi all
    got my scan tommorow to check lining as well - so lets hope that shazz and I get good results and can cycle together. If all got start injections tommorow! Yippee!!
    Had a migrane for 5 days straight whilst AF - it was bad! Hopefully no more headaches when I start Pergon!
    Did any of you guys get any side effects from pergon such as headaches? I am on 450mg to start which I guess is pretty high, but apparantely that is what worked last time - so here goes nothing!
    Let you know how i go!
    take care
    odette

Shaz & Odette, hope your linings were ok. Exciting when you have someone to cycle with, good luck to you two.
    Odette, I don't think I ever got side effects from the Puregon, well except for the end when the eggies are growing big. How exciting for you.

Hi to everyone else, hope all is going well. I'll call in again on the weekend

Ann - YAYE on no more BCP! I dont blame you one bit for trying with Antonia - I pray like mad it works for you too, sweetie. It is so hard when you can see the end of the TTC journey on the horizon, yet with no success... I really hope you and Lisa make it and are the success stories I am waiting to see, so I can be more confident to give it a burl too

Lisa - can totally understand your being less skeptical after having seen a friend find success with her! Hope you have the same experience. Like you guys (you and Ann) I will try anything too - unfortunately recent events have shown surgery as an only option for any possibility - if at all. So I may not get to try Antonia, but will if there is a shot! I see you are struggling with the journey at the moment. :hugs: It is hard and especially when so few understand. Know that we are here for your venting needs anytime.

Odette - hope the lining is coming along well. I get headaches from the Puregon. But usually occurs very quickly after injection and lasts about an hour or so. I am usually on 75ui.

Shazz - hope the lining scan went well!

Oh Tam - look at your daughter - she is an angel! Hows things going with you at the moment??

Well due to some complications we wont be able to have another cycle until the new year - although may be able to start late December depending on how things work out but unlikely with my history of strong response to drugs as I would need close supervision and would be starting cycle on christmas day (if this cycle remains regular)... will have to just wait and see anyway...

ann Guest

Ah Keen,

If there was only some magic wand that I could wave for you!

AF arrived today Yahhhhh!!! Never thought I would be happy about saying that!

I hope you all enjoy the weekend

Blast transfer in 19 days

Ann

Hi Girls,

Went for my scan yesterday and I think some good news for a change lol. My lining is 6mm so still a little low but to our surprise including my nurses, I have a few follies with one being 14mm!! To those who don't know what it means with ivf it means its almost a mature egg. We only have my last natural FET to go off and comparing it this cycle is miles ahead with no follies last time, no lining early and O'ing on day 21.

I go back on Tuesday (which is a yr exactly that I found out I was pg) for another scan and in the mean time I have my ovulation tests which I start tomorrow and if we have lift off over the weekend I am to ring Melb IVF. She also commented that my ovaries are still swollen but looking ok.

I'm just in shock cause my ovaries had follies on them LMAO!!

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx
    Last edited by shazld; November 11th, 2006 at 05:19 PM.

all good here
    Started Injecting tonight - I am on 450mg of Gonal F.
    No side effects so far, and love the new pen things
    so much easier and no ouchy sting like stuff we used to have to draw up
    Great news shazz! go ovaries!!
    take care
    odette

Ann - YAYE for AF! The countdown begins....

Shazz - YAYE on some nice sounding follies sweetheart! WOOHOO! Lets hope more good news is to follow...

Odette - YAYE on starting injections! I actually find the pen a little more stingy than the syringe, although I havent had the pen with Gonal only with Puregon.

Lots of YAYES in here today - thats Great and about time.... think we need some more big YAYES!

Afternoon Ladies,

I did my pee test being day 12 this morning and guess who got a slight ovulation line !!! Which means for the first time in along time my body is doing what it's suppose to be and may O on day 14. For someone that has PCOS and knows she hardly O's this is a happy dance moment for me and even better knowing that transfer may possibly be this week!! Would be better if the old tubes weren't crushed or we could really make use of it lol.

Odette I am lucky since starting IVF nearly 3 yrs ago I have only experienced the pen but I love them........Good luck sweety on this cycle.

Ann so glad AF has finally arrived!

Hi the everyone else.

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

I now have a bruise the size of a 20 cent piece where I injected last night so tonight I did it on the other side so I would match!!

I have had slight bleeding since after my scan on Friday. Has anyone ever had this before. Never had bleeding before except during AF.

Don't know if this is normal or not.

Go shazz - its time to O!!

Ann - countdown has begun - 18 days!!

Keen I want to hear some Yays for you too. Bring it on!! Xmas for starting isn't that far away. Only six weeks!! You are still in the game!!!

Good luck everyone else!
    Take care
    odette

ann Guest

Shazld,

Yah on the O line, I have never gotten a full blown 2nd line, doesn't matter what time of the cycle I always get a faint second line. Yoohoo Go Girl!

Odette, I hope you get through this cycle OK, I know it is hard.

Keen, I'm thinking of you sweetheart.

Me, nothing much to report atm, taking the Estrodal Tabs (today, I have been having a major brain malfunction) I haven't had these tabs before, so I would say it is having an effect on the old grey matter.

Luv to all
    Ann
    WE NEED SOME BFP's IN HERE SOON RATHER THAN LATER!

Hi girls,
    Just popping my head in to ask you all a question. If you have day 3's embies frozen do they go to blast for a FET or is it more likely to be a 6-8 cell
    Bec

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Bec,

you can request for them to thaw your embies and try for blasts, but you have to be aware that your embies will then have the hurdle of thawing as well as making it to day 5. If you have a few embies frozen, I'd say go for it! Though if it doesn't look like they're likely to go to blasts after the thaw, your clinic should give you the choice of tranferring at day 3 at the time.

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a nice weekend.

Lou- How are you going now? I am sorry to hear of you cancelled cycle.Just not fair.... You did well going to the BD party.

Keen- I totally hear you. I have had a shocker this year too. I know it could be worse, but it still has not helped me with all the coping I am expected to do. ATM all I want is for this year to be over.

Odette- exciting news! I took Gonal F too. 350. It gave me headaches at first but I got use to that.

Shazld- exciting news too! sending you much babydust.

Bec- Sorry I have no idea. I have only had 1 FET. And they were frozen on day 5. But I hope you get your answers soon.

dream bub Guest

Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me jumping in to this thread, I am a newbie. Just wondering what it means when you have an EPU and they find a number of empty follicles. I still got 14 eggs (last Friday) and 10 fertlised which is nice. However in the excitement I forgot to ask why there were empty follicles - 6 i think?? Has anyone had this happen??

Quote Originally Posted by dream bub View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me jumping in to this thread, I am a newbie. Just wondering what it means when you have an EPU and they find a number of empty follicles. I still got 14 eggs (last Friday) and 10 fertlised which is nice. However in the excitement I forgot to ask why there were empty follicles - 6 i think?? Has anyone had this happen??
    I am not an expert at all but I think it might be that when you get triggered not all the follies develop into full blown eggs. I remember my FS telling me that in a normal ovulation a few follicles develop and only one (or two if twins etc) is the 'leader' and that is the one that will ovulate. However with the drugs more follicles become 'leaders' so you get more actual eggs which are necessary for IVF.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast