Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ April 2006 #2

:smt022 Keen,
    I know you said that was enougha about you, but I have just really had a chance to get on & I came here full of confidence for you...
    But now I have read & I somehow dont think it is true!
    I was so absolutely positive this was your turn....
    I hope your Ok darlin'... As usual worrying about everyone else & putting everyone elses needs first...
    I hope Suzi Q's advice is something worth thinking about for you, I dont know how far you'd have to travel etc... But if your not happy sweetsheart, then it might be worth looking into...
    I just dont want you to let their treatment of you hinder any future plans, as such...

Please know that we all really care about & love you...

I wish I had someway of giving you a RL hug... Coz I think I really need one after your post... Take care of yourself, my precious sweet friend....
    I am here, we are all here if you need us!!!!

Sue, that is true what you say. There shouldn't be a monopoly & also too I think we're far enough in time that things to save travel, etc can be done.
    I know I can do my BT elsewhere, I just choose to go into the clinic so if I have questions, or need reassurance it it there.
    We pay a lot of money for this & even though it sounds strange, we should get service, which generally means answers or help.
    Also the cost is high you can't afford to go on & on & on.
    I have a lot of confidence in my clinic.

Ooh, maybe I should get off my soapbox now!

Take care all, I'll log in with my u/s results in the morning,
    Grow folies, grow

Here here - Keen I agree with Sue and Tam. there have to be some alternatives somehow.

Tam - fingerscrossed for your u/s tomorrow.

Hi everyone else.

Good luck Tam
    Hoping for some good, evenly sized follies for you :luck:
    Sue

Be reassured guys - it is something I am looking into (re: changing clinics). Also checking other avenues (thanks for your PM Sue).

I have to say I was also convinced this was the one. In fact is very frustrating because I still havent had (sorry if TMI) any bleed at all. I sort of wish it would hurry up and be over with.... because while ever it doesnt happen I have this tiny bit of hope in the back of mind, which is really making it very difficult, IYKWIM?

Tam - Fingers crossed sweetie for a lovely bunch of perfect follies...

Keen like Sue said, I lived 3.5 hours from my clinic, but because Sydney IVF have a satellite clinic in Port Macquarie, I travelled there for scans and bloods if they were same day bloods otherwise i could have bloods done here in Taree. Only had to go to SIVF city clinic for my EPU and ET. I loved SIVF thought they were just brilliant and the nurses couldn't do enough for you... In regards to meds they used to courier them up... you always have YOUR Dr for EPU and ET

Stay strong honey, and look after yourself

love leis xx

Keen - I'm so sorry to hear this cycle wasn't the one but hopefully that 'special' cycle is just around the corner. Take good care. xoxo

Tam - hoping to hear some good follie news soon. xoxo

Ann - sorry to hear about the flu - hope you're over it in no time. This is my 3rd IVF cycle but that first injection is still scary!

Living in rural Vic I was travelling 3 1/2 hrs one way to get to my previous Clinic. I would usually do an o/night trip when I had scans but occasionally did one day round trips of 8 hours - that was tough.

My new Clinic is now 1 1/2 hours away and it is a nice scenic drive which helps! I'm usually allowed to get BT's locally but always travel to the Clinics for my scans because 'I'm complicated' coz of my fibroids!

I start sniffing tomorrow so it feels like it's really starting again now!

A big hello to everyone else.

Marg

ann Guest

Keen,

Remember I had to travel 3 1/2 hrs to my clinic, and I only had to go there for EPU and ET, for my bloods and ultrasounds I was having in my local town, remember I lived in the "rectum of the universe", but they only did ultrasounds on certain days, otherwise I would have to travel 1 1/2 hrs to the closest town for ultrasounds, and BTs were the same. Now that I have moved back to the coast, Ultrasounds and BTs are done locally, even though the clinic uses different pathology labs for BT's my clinic has aranged for me to use our local ones. I can't fault my clinic, they make it as easy as they can for the client.

Maybe it is time to change clinics.

Luv Ann

Hi guys
    Checking in with my follie count:
    5 on LHS at 1.0 and 6 on RHS varying from 1.1-1.6
    So happy with those results, the u/s nurse estimated my EPU would be Friday, so I think I'm starting to get excited.

Marg, good to hear you're starting some action too (even if it is the big sniff)

Ann, hope you're all better now. I remember when you lived in the ROTU, lol

Listening to the travel stories, it does bring home what we will do for our future bubbas.
    Here's to lots of success.

Take care

Hi Tam
    Those follies sound great! Not too many and not too few. Well done you!

Tam - that is a great result! I have everything crossed for your success this cycle.

Afternoon all your lovely ladies.

Keen- Hope the witch visits soon. many hugs honey.

Anne- Not long to jabbing now. Dont worry about not going to visit GF yet. If she is a good friend she will understand. Go when you are ready. At the moment you need to look after you!!

Marg- Good luck with the sniffing tomorrow. Hope you dont get any side affects!

Tam- Fantastic news. Keeping everything crossed!

Shez- how is the reading going?

Chele- Where are you up too?

Sue- how the foot going? I hope it is healing nicely.

And everyone else I have not mentioned I hope you all have a great week.

Hey Tam, couldn't ask for a much better result than that - nice number and all around the same size. Lovely.
    Good to see you Marg, must feel good to be 'doing something', don't forget the tictacs.
    Hope you're feeling better after your last op Leis, you must be ever so tired of hospitals, especially being a nurse.
    Ann, I'm really glad you've moved from the rectum of the universe to heaven...
    Hi to Vicki, Kar, Blue, Bee and anyone else I've forgotten.
    Spoke to my doctor today about my bone scan. I'm on another week's rest but he doesn't really concur with the radiology doctor suspecting osteoporosis, thank goodness for that! So, I'm at home again and praying for rain so I don't feel so frustrated by being stuck inside.
    Take care all.
    Sue
    112 more sleeps 'til up up and a-w-a-a-a-y

Hey Girls

Well I had my BT results today and I start (ANN check this out LOL) the big jab on Sat the 6th with a scan to be on Mon 15th. The nurse said Friday the 5th is day 1 why is this so do they not go by day of the witch for this :-k. I get sick of changing my ticker it should be easier than starting from scratch all the time LOL aren't I lazy

Chele - well done on your results. They usually make day 1 the day before you start stimming with FSH because ideally it should take you 14 days stimming before they do the OPU. In reality most OPUs happen somewhere between 11 and 12 days after you start stimming. And how exciting that you and Ann will be stimming together.

Sue - yay for no osteo. Not long now. I think I'll come with you if my FET doesn't work in June.

Daisy - hello and remind me where are you up to? Did you track down the book yet? You might be able to find a cheap 2nd hand copy at AbeBooks.

Ann - goodluck for this cycle

Marg - hope the headache monster stays away during your sniffs

Sushee - how are you and yours?

Bec G - was that you??? Where have you been hiding? How is/was #19?

Shez - how are you? How is PGALTAC going. Updates please.....

Cherie - you've been quiet but notice that you are sniffing. How are you going?

Hello to everyone I've missed.

I'm just about to O again. That means 8 weeks til FET or there abouts for me....

Thanks for that info Kar I feel like a newbie at all this

Tam you want to know something freakie? doedoe doedoe doedoe... twilight zone stuff here, they were exactly the numbers i had on the same ovaries!!!! Bizaro!!! Good luck honey and i hope you get some super duper great embies!!!

My best friend rang today and said, in tears to me that she is pregnant. They had only been trying for two months... she was upset at having to tell me and admitted to avoiding me although i hadn't noticed as i had been so busy with my colonoscopy and overtime with work!! But DH and i are going to God parents and she wants me to be her birthing partner, but I am unsure about this as i have never experienced this before and don't want to freak myself out... any opinions on being the birthing partner would be appreciated....

:wave: to everyone else!!!

love leis xx

Leis, same numbers are freaky isn't it. Not sure on the birthing partner advice. Not sure if I'd be able to go to one if I hadn't myself already. Also too, I guess it depends on whether you are/aren't pg & if you are, how far along. Very exciting to be asked though, & even more so to be god parents, yah for you.

Ann & Chele, same start days, that's exciting

Marg, how was your sniff, I'm looking forward to stopping I must say. The headaches are killers.

Kar, yah for setting sights on next cycle, time goes fast.

Sue, does that mean you're at home on a sickie, I guess that's not too bad.

Vicki, I hope things are looking up for you

Bec, yes, I'd forgotten, how is it all going

Hope everyone is well.

I'm back in for BT & u/s on Wednesday, hoping everything continues to grow nicely. Just trying to organise if EPU is on Friday, DD needs to get to school, I need to have a sickie at work & DH needs to rearrange his day, whew!

Take care

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast