Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ February 2006 #3

Yeah i suppose they should of listened in the first place, but these guys are only learning really. They learn from people like myself who inturn become "Patient X" at their next conference or uni lecture they speak at. I guess it has all become second nature to me, anaesthetics and ops but i hope at the end of the day we will get what we want, and if we don't i will know that i have done everything in our power to get a child but i guess we are currently being 'tested' and i must say i have suprised myself with my strength, but we all cope as we have no other choice.

I had a bit of a giggle with myself tonight. I had to stick my head into an old nursing text, anatomy and physiology to refresh myself of the female anatomy and where exactly this cathetor is sitting... Oh i had it all wrong in my head, ](*,) but i am now happy to admitt it is all right!!!!

Leis - where were you putting the catheter in your head :shock: At least you are feeling OK and the sense of humour is still intact (LOL at you being Patient X - I do that to patients in presentations too but only if they are interesting )

Hope you feel better soon and wishing you a rapid recovery.

Leis glad all went well for you take care and all the best for recovery

Vicki [-o< that your level of 20 goes up matey

Sorry Michelle, I have it all worked out in my head, not a cathetor in situ in my head LOL!!!!!! imagine that waking in recovery with a urinary cathetor hanging out your snout!!!!

xxxxxxxx

Leis, lol about the cathetor conversation. I am actually re-reading a 'womens stuff' book' to go over everything. I got it after my first endo op & has been a gem with knowing a fair bit of stuff. I guess I feel the need to go through it again with everything I have gone through over the last year-and hopefully the next 8 months.
    The female body just absolutely amazes me!!!

Take care

Tam - CONGRATULATIONS on the wonderful news.

Daisy - keeping everything crossed that those HCG levels keep going up for you.

Blue - good luck with the next cycle - sending heaps of :luck: your way.

Leis - thinking of you after your surgery - here's hoping the next op is ove before you know it and then it's all go for getting preggers. Take good care of yourself. :flower:

And a big hello to those I've missed - I'm a bit behind with posts at the moment!

I spent half of last week in Melb with a friend who was out here from San Francisco which was lots of fun and took my mind off things. Only problem is that I came home on the weekend to find I've caught a cold and my sinus are causing me lots of grief! I guess I'm going to have to ring the Clinic and let them know as I'm assuming they wont want to do my hysteroscopy while I've got a cold. Bummer.

There's always something!

Marg

Leis- So glad to hear that you are home and that op is finally behind you. Hope you are letting you mum and DH look after you. I am sorry to hear that you need another surgery. But once it is done I am sure you will get that BFP sooner rather than later. It melts my heart knowing your Dad loves you so much that he is trying to blame your poblems on himself. Please tell him from me that he must of done something right to have such a strong, couragous and inspiring Daughter.!

Actully on that note I truely do feel that ALL you girls are totally amazing. All your strength courage and support is inspiring!!

Bec- Are you doing anything special for you DD birthday?

Blue- Yes more crochetting for me!! It is so easy and simple for me to do and helps keep my mind off my worries!!

Tam- SuzieQ- I know I am not that up on HCG levels too. I just know that between 0-2 weeks pregnant your levels should be between 5-50. And when you are 4 weeks you should be between 500 and 1000. So when I heard 20 I really freaked concidering I should be 4+ weeks PG. Still you girls are right when yo say I should stay positive. and the fact that my Boobs are sorer than they have ever been and no AF does point to more of a good sign than a bad one. Still it is hard not to worry....

Hi Vicki
    Hang in there and good luck for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.
    Sue

Vicki, this is the hard part, waiting for the follow up test: up or down, which way will it go. I'm finding it quite hard to believe it's all true, except for the fact that I'm using all these pessaries, & that I can't pass, lol.
    Are you on any support, it is good that there's been no AF, a big PLUS. Wishing all the best for tomorrow's test.

Marg, bugger about the flu, but yah for having a good time. I've only had a hysteroscopy during my laps so not sure of how it goes, but hopefully your flu won't affect it, or else hoping you get another appointment quick.

Take care

Vick stay positive honey and keep the crochet happening... you are so lucky to be able to do that, i can't even sew a silly button on, let alone crochet or knit... keep going on it you will probably be needed some bootties soon...

love leis xxx

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Vicki don't give up yet ...here is

sample reference list for HCG levels in singleton pregnancies, based on days past ovulation (DPO):

* At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
    * At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
    * At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
    * At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
    * At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
    * At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
    * At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
    * At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
    * At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
    * At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
    * At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml.
    thinking of you [-o<

janee Guest

Hi all, I don't post here much, but hope you don't mind if I drop in from time to time....
    Go for my beta tomorrow...but I'm 99.9% sure it's a BFN for us again
    Back to see the doc on the 15th March and a naturopath next week....the doc will say "it's IVF time guys"...and I'm just so apprehensive about it all. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to this month coming up of no blood tests, no injections, and no high hopes only to be disappointed.
    On the brighter side of things, I figure going to the naturopath, either way, I shall be one of the healthiest infertile women in WA!

Sorry this post is all about me.....good luck to all waiting on news, and those with new good news....

Hello there ladies.

I am sorry I haven't been posting for the past couple of days in here. I just dont know why. I hope that everyone is doing well and all on the way to announcing BFP's in the next couple of weeks.

Me well not much happening at the moment, still sniffing, going for bt on Friday morning and hoping with all my heart to comence the Gonal F on saturday.

will keep you all updated. Thanks for you love and support

Nola xx

Blue Sky Guest

Hey girls!

Nola - Good luck with your BT - hope you get to start jabbing soon! Funny how we rejoice about sticking ourselves with needles...

Leis - glad to hear the op went well. Ewww to the catheter though. Must be good to have your Mum around!

Marg - Spewing about your cold/sinuses - thats no fun at the best of times, let alone having it muck up your op date. Hope it clears up soon for you. Thanks for your good wishes. I think I'll be needing lots of luck this time.

Vicki - Glad the crochetting is distracting you! Sore boobs and no AF is a great sign, [-o< for a great result tomorrow (oops, later today) for you.

Tam - How are you doing pet? Have my fingers crossed for you too sweetie. Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Janee - Good luck for tomorrow. What type of cycle were you on?

Bec - Hope AF arrives on time for you. Have had a peek at your DD's website and she's adorable.

Sue -How are you petal? How many minutes left until your trip?

Hope you all have a great week.
    take care
    H

Good morning ladies,

I hope and trust that you are all well.

Janee, wishing you all the best today. I pray that your cycle will be nothing but a great success and that the end result will be only BFP's and a happy and healthy pg. Good Luck !!

Leis: how are you feeling sweet?

Marg: I hope that you are feeling better, there is nothing worse than not being able to breath probaly. good luck this month, i hope it brings about a BFP for you.

Vicki: Best of luck today I hope that the result you are looking for is only a BFP and that you go on to have the happiest of healthyest pg's.

Tam: So Wednesday is the day. Cant wait to hear the results. I am so happy for you. Well done.

Becc: thinking of you and hoping that you can move on very soon.

SkyBlue: thank you so much for your warm wishes. I am doing well thank you and hope and pray that you are doing the same. Good luck this cycle and I pray that you also will result in a BFP and move in the the ark of pg very soon.

Great getting to know more of you, thank you all so much for your wonderful encouragement and well wishes I am in no doubt that they will all bring about my dreams and desires in the next up coming weeks.

Enjoy your day ahead.

Nola xx

Vicki, thinking of you today, hoping for higher numbers. Still no AF?

Janee, hoping the best for your BT too. I swore I wasn't pg, ate/drank some naughties on the few days before my test last week.
    Bugger, we will miss each other in the waiting room by 1 day. I always check for your name on the list when I go in.

Nola, hope your cycle goes well. There's always a lot of anticipation at the beginning of a cycle.

Hope everyone else is going well, There is a lot of action now, which is good because that means exits!!

I think I am feeling positive about tomorrow, my BBs are getting sorer but then I just remember how many pessaries I'm on, but I think I 'feel' positive. Just hoping for the early call again. It's funny, when the phone rang I knew it was a BFP because it was an 'early' call.

Take care

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hmm,

considering I had 8 cycles, my clinic still waited until 2pm for DH to call to tell him the good news. Which is why I was sure it wasn't good news!

GL for the BT tomorrow Tam. I'm sure everything will be excellent.

Heather, how are things going for you hunny? Any news on those follies yet?

Nola, exciting that you're starting a new cycle. Each cycle brings new hope.

Vicki, [-o< for high HCG levels today!

Sue, I would have loved to see a holiday countdown ticker too!

To everyone I've missed, :wave:

love
    sushee

Hi girls
    Tam, I know exactly what you mean about the 'early' call. I waited until 3.30 before calling my clinic last time. The poor nurse was trying to pretend the results had just come through. But, I know it must be hard for them to make that 'sorry' phone call. No wonder they don't do it early.
    Vicki - waiting to hear from you. Hope that hcg has gone up up up.
    Blue - how's the jabbing going? Won't be long now 'til you'll have your head back into the books and sneaking into BB...
    Sush, I've done the closest I can to a ticker legally. It's a bit boring.
    Hi to everyone else, hope you're all well.
    Sue
    174 more sleeps :sleeping: 'til up, up and a-w-a-a-a-y

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast