Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne IVF - my first cycle

thanks Sarz for the support! And good luck to you on IVF - the Synarel did not really give me any side effects - just a bad taste in the mouth.

Question for those a little further along in the process - I have been on FSH injections for 9 days now.. I will probably be getting my OP on Wednesday this week coming and then transfer on Friday. Right now (Sunday) I have noticed and felt LOTs of cervical mucus - much more than I used to get while TTC....but about the amount of which I used to get when I was MUCH YOUNGER!
    Question : is this a good sign? I suspect I will take my trigger injection tommorrow night (Monday). I also feel bloated, which is what i expect as I probably have about 9 or so follies in there and I have a small stomach to start with, so I notice things quickly when it changes.

This week is really making me scared, excited and nervous all at once. I am so afraid of it all not working as it is only my first try/cycle......how will I cope with the disappointment? Many of you have and I will gather strength from you all.

maggie Guest

Runnermum , i saw on another post you wanted to know about adeno. and had no repsonse,, just to let you know, i suffer from tis, but i dont get much pain, i was told its like endo in the uterus wall, but it should not effect fertility,, good luck

hi ladies,
    got my EPU yesterday - had no choice about whether to be awake - they just put me out in a light sedative - and was awake 20 mins later. I got 9 eggs which I am told is a good result - however I do not know if any of these are good enough for transfer - god, I hope so.

will ring this after for my appointment for transfer tomorrow. Don't know who will do it.

feeling quite nervous about it all and praying for at least 1 good egg.

*las* Guest

9 eggs is good!! Look forward to hearing how they go.
    Rest up and drink lots of water.

Congratulations! 9 eggs is fabulous! I am really happy for you! Sounds like everything went well, 20 mins is not long to be asleep! Are you having a 2 day transfer? Good luck and I hope eveything goes well for your transfer!

9 googies is a great result, well done. Good luck with the fert result!!
    I just love the sleepies time, I think thats what I look forward to the most lol.

Shazz
    xx

sorry I have not posted for a few days. Got 7 very good eggs out of the 9....most are the top grade 1 as well, wow, I am pleased at least about that.

NOw I am in the 2ww - 1 week to go. I have symptoms, however, I am sure it is probably the Crinone Gel.....it seems you get everything from the list I read!!

how is everyone else going?

Maggie - forgot to say thanks for posting about adenomosis -(sorry for wrong spelling). I was told my my gyno a different story and that it may indeed affect fertility as it can affect implantation....but also that their is so little research on it. I only hope YOU are right Maggie and my gyno is wrong!

Good luck with the last week, unfortunatly its the worst one lol. Implantation normally happens between day 6 to 10 and yes crinone does give you most pg symptoms and also AF pains so I know its hard but don't freak out if you feel af pains.

Shazz.
    xx

thanks heaps for posting Shazz - it is hard isn't it? I am glad that I have learnt early on not to read too much into ANY symptons, but just go along with it AND WAIT, wait, wait...

How are you? what stage are you up to in your IVF cycle?

If I am unsuccessful this first time, will I have another appointment to discuss the next cycle? I have 6 eggs frozen.

*las* Guest

Runnermum - just got back from my scan and Greg told me Anna is finishing up next week I love Anna, so sad to see her go! And I think Andrea has finished up now too.

oh that would be right - I like Anna too. I hope her replacement is just as nice.

How are you Lisa? I am still in the 2ww...

I know it is self preservation, but I don't think it will be a positive outcome for me this first time cylce.

*las* Guest

Yes, it's so sad! Greg told me to tell Anna off! She was the first nurse I dealt with, it's terrible to see her go

I've just started this cycle, had my first scan yesterday and it's not looking great, lining is too thin. Have a repeat scan on Thursday and if no better, looks like we might have to cancel...then I'll have to go back to an artificial cycle unfortunately.

How are you coping with the TWW so far? Hope the rest of the time flies by...with a positive result!

Oh....I got my renewal for my embryo storage and a note saying the fees are going up as of July 1st. I rang this morning, and they can't confirm yet how much they are going up by. Sooo mad, they only went up in September last year.

thanks for your note Lisa.......I am so sorry to hear about your scan result...by artifical cycle do you mean a stimulation cycle again? That would not be nice.

Re embryo storage - what exactly are the fees? I nicely got a note that there ARE fees, but did not say how much -typical probably!

Thanks for your support - this second week has been harder, as hubby has been away for 2 weeks and not back until after my blood test! And I have a 4 year old with special needs - so lets just say times have been challenging..

The very best to you for Thursday...

*las* Guest

The last artificial FET I did was with Progynova/pessaries....was quite expensive!

Storage fees are $90 for 6 months, they are apparently staying the same.

When is your BT?? I hope your week gets easier! I have a friend whose son has just turned 5, he has Aspergers and can be challenging at times...I know it's hard work for her,so I hope you are doing ok!

Hi lisa,

no luck this first time for us...AF came the day before BT.. it was hard emotionally as I was on my own, it was late at night etc... However, I feel fine now and will take a month off before having another transfer in July. I think all those drugs/hormones and then surgery to collect eggs is all a bit too much to then allow my body to concieve. I know it happens for some women, but I did not expect it for me....

I am thinking positive thoughts for the cycle no. 2. In the meantime, my hubby and I can have some fun on our own!

hope you are well and thanks for your kind words.. (and info on storage fees!)

*las* Guest

I'm so sorry AF turned up And sorry that you were on your own when it came.

Good luck for your July cycle, and enjoy your time with DH in the mean time!

Oh no I am so sorry, I thought I would pop in and see how your doing. The first is a real kick in the guts ..... althought the rest BFN's are too but you always hope that you will be one of the lucky ones.

With any luck I will be going for a FET in July/Aug so fingers crossed for all of us!!

YEah I got my storage fee bill this week, swear I only paid one 3 months ago lol, must of been 6 months.........how time flies since last cycle!!

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast