Thread: oh, again, help me!

Unhappy oh, again, help me!

i'm doing the second ivf treatment. the first ivf cycle was cancelled because of too many follicles (over 40) by using 150units injection for stimulation. now i'm using only 75, still got too many (around 30), reduce the dose not help at all, only difference is a small dose just doesn't make me too sick. hopefully not cancel again! i won't do it a third time! does anyone have any ideas about this? i'm so so sad.

Last edited by slovebaby; May 2nd, 2007 at 11:07 PM.

today i had a scan again, there are 50 follicles.........OMG, half dose but more than last time ........what should i do???????
    stimulation is not suitable for me

I'm sorry, slovebaby. Having been through OHSS and a freeze all cycle, I know just how sick it can make you. I only had 26 eggs, though, I'd hate to experience OHSS after that many!

I'm afraid I have no answers or suggestions for you, but I do hope your FS has some plan up his sleeve. They usually do, even if they aren't good about telling us about it.

BW

Hi BW, i hate OHSS, i was really sick last time by using 150 units injection, but this time i feel ok only use 75 units then reduced to 41.6 units from yesterday....but just don't understand why i still got that many follicles even more than last time...no matter how much dose i use, i think the result will be the same... sigh...no hope at all dr couldn't give me any suggestions except to reduce the dose, but obviously, not work for me at all

Sometimes even with that number of follies your hormone levels can be just low enough. I have always had over 50 follies (except last cycle where I had around 40), and other than the first cycle which was cancelled, I had pick up each time. My levels were high, but they determined not so high that I couldnt go ahead with OPU.

Crossing my fingers you get that chance...

Im sure you will already know this, but drinking as much water as possible helps with reducing hormone levels.

Hi Keen,thank you very much for your encouragement! you are the good example for me, i think my situation is most like yours, i hope i can get that chance to do OPU. tomorrow i will have a last blood test, if the hormone levels are not too high, then i can go ahead...

can i ask you a question? did you feel sick (like ohss) after egg collection? dr said it may get worse after HCG injection. did you have to freeze all the embryos and do the FET the next cycle? or we don't have a chance to do the fresh embryos transfer on our situation.

I am afraid I am not much help either slovebaby - but just wanted to say I am thinking of you. I am currently taking my injections for the first time and have woken up this morning feeling pretty yukko.

Keen - I am glad I read this post - I have NOT been drinking very much water but will from now on that i have read your post. Thank you.

Best of luck - I really, really hope your FS can sort something out for you Slovebaby.

dear all, my cycle was cancelled again due to my hormone level droped. Keen, i'm not lucky as you are, probably stimulation ivf treatment is not suitable for me. i won't try the third time, it really hurt my body my mind, so upset. now i start to think about natural ivf treatment.... don't know what to do...sigh

Hi slovebaby,

I'm sorry for your pain. It's devastating when you think things are going to work and they don't. However, I'd be having a chat with my FS before giving up completely - maybe he/she may have a few ideas as to why this is happening.
    Then, even if you go back to natural IVF, you will know what your options are.

Hi Gargy, the dr just asked me to come back 2 mths later and do the treatment again with a lower dose pruegon, but i don't think it will work. my DH was upset too, he wants to do it natural way. i know some clinics can do natural ivf which can mature eggs externally in some countries, why don't give myself a chance to try this. probably i will go, i'm doing some research

Hi slovebaby,

I'm glad you are considering your options. Good luck in whatever you decide.

thx Gargy!

is anyone under natural ivf cycle now?