Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OHSS

Default OHSS

:frown: Yes, it seems that I have it.
    I remember that others here have had it to varying degrees also with large egg pick up (I had 20 last Monday), Please help withl etting me know how you coped. I just feel sooooo awful.

I've been told to make sure I drink lots of fluids, eat protein, I've even bought protein bars (that taste awful) & having regular panadol.

Thanks
    Tam

oh Tam im so sorry for you.

I know i was very close to suffering too but not so lucky mine was an infection.

Can i ask if you are still able to go ahead with your TF? only cause i know they sometimes cancil for your safety. as if they have you may be able to take nurifen(sp?)

Keep drinking and ill check on you again later.

When I had my EPU last Monday, the nurse checked & they did do the transfer last Saturday. I had PGD done & they put back a normal blast.

So I have been feeling like this for a while. Just don't feel like I'm getting better.

I have been having Pregnyl booster shots and the nurse today said to check before my next (& last one) on Sunday as I might not need it.

I've still got another week til I do my BT for my pg test.
    I'm CD 28, (11 days past pickup) so a fair way down the track

Still guzzling
    Tam
    Last edited by *Tam*; January 26th, 2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: add in my CD

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Tam,

can you ask your clinic to do an early BT? If it is OHSS they'll be able to check your levels then to see how bad it is and then maybe they'll be able to form a plan of action for you?

Tam - keep guzzling girl.... I have fingerscrossed for you. I had BTs at d10 and d12 EPU so perhaps Sushee's suggestion is a good one.

Hi Tam still keeping my fingers crossed. im not too sure but the only reason i believe that they cancil TF is that OHSS can get worse with a +pg so im hoping that this is the case for you and that you will get a BFP and that this all settles down for you

glug, glug

Sorry could you also tell me what a PGD is ive seen it lots before too i think

I had my BT 10po & they just said it was elevated (both O2 & P4) but didn't say anything more so I assume that it was ok.
    I'll ask them what is was on Sunday.

Lou, I think we posted at the same time so sorry I missed you.
    PGD is genetic testing they do on the embryos, they test so many chromosones to make sure they are 'normal'.
    They then only put back/freeze normal embryos.
    By the time they do this they are at blast stage.

So Tam can i ask do you know if they do this for all embies? or only ones that go to blastie?

Lou, they biopsy them at 2 days, do the testing & then by the time you get results you are ready for a blast transfer.
    I have always had blast transfers so it's nothing different for me. I just know it's good one going back in.
    Though, I also had it done last IVF cycle and didn't get PG so it still is a numbers game anyway.
    The downside is that it costs heaps. An extra $2,000 & Medicare doesn't give anything back as it is still fairly new. I figure that it does save on 'empty transfer' money later down the track as I have now seen abnormal embies that go on to blast stage and would've got used.

And I think I'm at the stage where I'm trying anything. This will be my last IVF.
    We are trying Clexane as an extra this time also.

I hope that explains it for you.

Ive heard about the use of clexane and also asprin and was going to talk to my FS about both but as usual i forgot and didnt write it down

Clexane is our last thing to try before stopping.
    As you can see in my sig, I have the problem of recurrent m/c.
    Is that something you were thinking of also.

You have to take it daily from 24 hrs after EPU.

I have had Two m/c but my Fs suggested that this may be because i had an infection in my tube which ment that there was some fluid leaking causing the embie to wash away. these were both IVF but (just changed my sig) i also had an ectopic my af has always been NOT regular so i may have had more m/c than i think, i didnt even know i was over 2 mths pg with ectopic even though i got all the signs that i was, but my gp told me i couldnt get pg naturally (i was 13) because i have PCOS

Good luck tam, i hope you are feeling better, you are in my prayers for a BFP..

love always leis x

ps your daughter is so gorgeous...

Hope your still drinking girl and watching your pee out take!! Drink lots of gatoraid!

Hugs
    shazz.
    xx

I've done 3 lt each day for the last couple of days, including a powerade each day. They are easy to drink.
    I don't think I'm feeling any better.
    I've put a call through to the clinic to ask about whether to take my booster Pregnyl today or not.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Poor thing. I hope they do something to help you, hun.

Tam ~ hope your feeling better soon i had a mild case with our last IVF cycle it is not a nice thing hope the Symptoms ease for you soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast