Thread: PLEASE HELP ME!: Chromosome Disorder

Default PLEASE HELP ME!: Chromosome Disorder

Hi all

I have just signed up to this website to try and find others in similar circumstances.

My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years. I have had 3 terrible miscarriages. We have been through all the blood tests and have now recently found out that I have ROBERTSONIAN TRANSLOCATION 13:14 (45 chromosomes).

We have been to a geneticist for information. She was very thorough.
    We now have to go through IVF with PGD. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has the same translocation as me and has been through this process???????

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks for reading
    Roxyg

You might find others going through similar things in the IVF-PGD thread.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...-a-139977.html

Firstly to BB. We had a baby who had a chromosone disorder, Trisomy 13, I really don't know a great deal about your chromosone disorder and the outcome. Neither myself or DH needed to get any testing as we were told by the genetic counsellor we were just unlucky. I'm sure someone here will offer you some advice .

Regards,
    Dianne

I don't know about your chromosome either, but 10 out of our 12 embryo's in our last round were affected with miller-dieker syndrome - missing chromosome arms on # 6 & 17.

We are putting off our 3rd round until I can have a break and get my life back into shape a bit! It's scary, it's sad but it's not impossible. We haven't been blessed yet, but I know one day I will be.

I have my fingers crossed that it isn't too long of a journey for you!