Thread: Progynova?

Default Progynova?

My next cycle is to be a donor one hence I wont be having the stims this time around

They are going to put me on progynova, at the same time my sister starts her stims, to boost my E2 levels to simulate a cycle after I come off the pill.

Has anyone been on progynova? I thought it may be what is used in a medicated FET but I have never had one.

Does progynova give any side effects or is there anything I can expect taking it?

Thanks!

dusty, I was on progynova after transfer, but don't think I would be much help with the side effects as I was also on provera and crinone, then switched to the pessaries, while still taking both provera and progynova.
    I do remember reading some of the leaflets in them both and I think they said something about not taking during pregnancy etc, which freaked me out, so I rang the FS to confirm what I was taking.
    stayed on them for the first trimester too.

Sorry I can't be of any help. Just wanted to let you know that I have taken it during pregnancy. Will you be on them after transfer as well?

Nic

hi dusty - i was on progynova for a fully medicated "cycle" for both FET's - it helps to build a nice snuggly unterine lining and keep your E2 levels elevated - i was advised i'd be on them for the first tri. from the day they deemed as O day, i added progesterone pessaries - so it was basically a way of making an artificial cycle - without the actual O!

side effects were minimal - if anything, i'd have to say i felt the best i had in ages while on progynova alone!

thanks for that ladies,

BG sounds promising that you had such a good reaction - will be a nice break from the other side effects of stims. i will be on crinone too from ET on. they haven't said how long i will be on the progynova if we get a sticky one.
    nic, ironic that it isn't recommended when pg!

Red face

Hi
    I have been on progynova alone for the past 4 weeks as my uterus is too small, lining too thin and i have no regular cycle to start a around. I havent noticed any nasty side effects a few pimples and boobs a little more tender than normal, i just hope its working!! Good luck with everything.

bee

Hi Dusty,

I have been on progynova for all my FETS and no side effect to report, it builds a nice lining and helps elevate E2 levels. The progesterone pessaries gave me really sore boobs but apart from that nothing to report. Good luck sweetie - will be thinking of you.
    I too will start on progynova again in around 3 weeks time for another transfer. Who knows we may get to be belly buddies

Thanks Bee for that info. I hope things are going better for you with Progynova. How totally annoying for you but hopefully this will be the best way forward for you.

Lissie that would be fabulous to be cycle buddies. I start progynova on the 19th so just a week before you. Couldn't think of better company

xx

Hi girls

Hope you don't mind me joining you all in here. I'm new to this site & I'll be starting my 1st HRT FET sometime next wk. I was actually on a natural FET cycle but so far we haven't detected O yet and I'm on day 43 into my cycle so FS decided to change it to a HRT cycle instead. I conceived my DS Nelson from my 1st full stim cycle who sadly was born sleeping in Jan this yr. I can't wait to have my belly up again, its such a great feeling to watch it grow and that I get to see it grow back again pretty soon.

Is it ok if i become cycle buddies with some of you?